Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 01:49:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334820 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 900 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 716989 times)
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8685 on: February 09, 2013, 12:27:32 PM »

Life has a funny way of laughing at you when you get small windfalls.

I finally was able to get a new laptop, a wireless extender, and a licensed Xsplit so I can do some LoL streaming...and it turns out the broken turn signal on the car is a result of the steering column being bad. >.<; Bleh.
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8686 on: February 09, 2013, 08:28:13 PM »

I sold my Kindle Touch and it left me with just enough spare cash to buy a Kindle Paperwhite...and there is a Walking Dead marathon on.  Today is a good day.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8687 on: February 09, 2013, 09:43:44 PM »

http://wrightnewsletter.com/2012/02/29/crest-mouthwash-temporarily-leaves-tastebuds-ruined/

WELP. Apparently I'm not the only one experiencing this.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8688 on: February 10, 2013, 10:54:06 AM »

I sold my Kindle Touch and it left me with just enough spare cash to buy a Kindle Paperwhite...and there is a Walking Dead marathon on.  Today is a good day.

How's  the refresh rate on that paperwhite? I was checking out a demo unit at best buy and it seemed like it took a while to turn pages
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8689 on: February 10, 2013, 12:12:00 PM »

How's  the refresh rate on that paperwhite? I was checking out a demo unit at best buy and it seemed like it took a while to turn pages

I don't have it in yet, so I'll have to tell you when it arrives.  That said, the Touch has a good pretty refresh rate and I doubt they've gone backwards on that.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8690 on: February 10, 2013, 12:36:10 PM »

Rainy, Winter day. Perfect for reading, gaming, and watching movies. Unfortunately, I may have to kill a couple of these hours doing taxes. I don't wanna do taxes! *stomps feet and pouts*

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8691 on: February 10, 2013, 03:49:07 PM »

How does it take you hours to do taxes! How much blang are you rolling in!

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8692 on: February 10, 2013, 03:53:07 PM »

Grim will point out that he's an actual adult person with a marriage, kids, and a house.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8693 on: February 10, 2013, 07:29:22 PM »

Grim will point out that he's an actual adult person with a marriage, kids, and a house.
Bingo. Plus, due to medical expenses I itemize deductions, which takes a little more time. None of this is hard to do, but it IS time consuming. I go over everything multiple times to make sure it's all accurate. It would be embarrassing for a guy who plays with #'s for a living to get his #'s wrong.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8694 on: February 10, 2013, 08:37:37 PM »

Do you actually have to itemize deductions or does it just improve your tax returns? I'm not eligible for any deductions so I have no idea how that works.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 09:52:11 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8695 on: February 10, 2013, 10:42:42 PM »

Do you actually have to itemize deductions or does it just improve your tax returns? I'm not eligible for any deductions so I have no idea how that works.

No, I don't have to. I could take the normal deduction that the government allows for mine and my wife's income bracket. This would work fine if I didn't have thousands in medical expenses. By itemizing, I end up with a larger deduction overall, which leads to more money back. It's not a huge difference in the end, as the gov only allows so much, but it's better than nothing.
Kind of like how I paid almost $9000 in childcare last year, but was only allowed to deduct 2500. They put limits on everything, which makes sense if you think about it. It's also why "poor" folks with more kids tend to get more money back. The system benefits those with little, and hammers everyone else.
I never do our taxes with the goal of getting money back. The true ideal is to be as close to 0 as possible. The only reason we have gotten anything back in the past 11 years is because of childcare/medical expenses. Combined we make "too much"(yeah, right) according to the government, to qualify for a lot of deductions. Hence, and we've come full circle here, itemizing.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8696 on: February 11, 2013, 12:32:54 AM »

I got like 2000 back and I make 54K a year and I'm not eligible for any deductions. I'm not really sure how that works out.

o/` I do not dream o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8697 on: February 11, 2013, 10:08:21 AM »

I got like 2000 back and I make 54K a year and I'm not eligible for any deductions. I'm not really sure how that works out.
Yeah, I think I did alright(as far as getting money back) when single as well. It's been awhile, though. Everything changes when marriage and kids get involved.
I'm just happy I've never had to send THEM a check. Now THAT would suck.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8698 on: February 11, 2013, 03:54:47 PM »

Even if you were, they most likely aren't over the standard rate like Grim's.  Don't you have student loan interest to deduct?  Also the 2k back is probably because of W-4 single, zero withholding. 

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8699 on: February 11, 2013, 04:22:03 PM »

Still sick, this cold is driving me nuts. I'm coughing like 6 times a minute, which just makes everything annoying. Can't even play video games well, I keep dropping the controls  to cough.

This SUCKS.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 900 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: