Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 06:05:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329390 Posts in 13492 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 876 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 662394 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8745 on: February 18, 2013, 01:44:26 PM »

I live in a state where marijuana is now legal and yet I've still never smoked it (and probably never will...).  Watched too many people in college transform from interesting, fun people into lethargic blobs that just lied around smoking weed all day...

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8746 on: February 18, 2013, 02:39:51 PM »

If you have any kind of willpower drugs are fun.Smoke a doob, eat some shrooms, but stay away from needles and powders. Fuck that.

Joy of Painting is awesome. It's downright therapeutic. I wish there was an episode that put him outside of his comfort zone, though.

I just did a ride a long with an emergency medical helicopter. It's pretty badass to jumpout of a copter with people wondering what's up.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8747 on: February 18, 2013, 02:56:15 PM »

... and yet I remain drug free and never drunk =/
I'm not even interested in trying.

Thats the way to be if you ask me!

Oddly enough, after spending 6 years completely drug addled.... ending on a lovely note of felony charges, health problems and major addiction issues.... I sit here now completely sober... I have been for a little over half a decade now.... in truth, you couldn't pay me enough to put anything mind altering in my body at this point.... I spent a very long time trying to chemically induce happiness when it turns out all I had to do was tattoo and play video games-LoL

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8748 on: February 18, 2013, 04:32:31 PM »

I live in a state where marijuana is now legal and yet I've still never smoked it (and probably never will...).  Watched too many people in college transform from interesting, fun people into lethargic blobs that just lied around smoking weed all day...

you just described my best friend.

Everything's Eventual
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8749 on: February 18, 2013, 05:29:11 PM »

Fuck you Quaker & Oats for changing a perfectly good flavor of oatmeal.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8750 on: February 18, 2013, 06:25:34 PM »

Interesting discussion going on.  I could see myself trying grass or mushrooms/LSD eventually simply because alcohol tears up my stomach now (I drowned my blues pretty heavily for about six months with high proof whiskey) and I like the experience of getting away from my normal state of mind for a few hours.  Not to mention, I'm curious to see if all of those stories about how awesome Tangerine Dream, Pink Floyd, etc. are while high are true. :P  I do admit that I've played with a painkiller (opiate) prescription once in a while when I had extra left on hand once the pain was gone, but I've always been cautious about not taking too much and not making it a frequent occurrence; that's not particularly difficult, though, to be honest.  The high I get from opiates is a bit boring compared to that that resulted from alcohol.

That said, even if I had access to grass or shrooms or what have you I doubt I would try it unless I was in a place where it was legal--or I was out in the middle of nowhere and someone else brought it--not because I think 'immoral = illegal' or something silly like that, but because news of a drug bust getting back to my family would lead to me being disowned for all intents and purposes, plus possible job/career ramifications.  Paranoid?  Yes, definitely.  But insane as my family can be I don't want to risk losing them for a few hours of fun.

This reminds me of an online friend of mine in New Zealand.  Sort of.  On the one hand he does seem to be perpetually high ever since he decided to try pot, on the other hand he's still fun and interesting and he was always a lethargic blob.  Seems like a toss up.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 06:38:19 PM by Desert Walker » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8751 on: February 18, 2013, 07:08:33 PM »

Never smoked weed, don't drink all that often, and my mom died of lung cancer so I really don't approve of cigarettes (she smoked 2 packs a day). If you like doing any of those, I won't condemn you, but I'm not all that into it.

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8752 on: February 18, 2013, 07:19:18 PM »

I live in a state where marijuana is now legal and yet I've still never smoked it (and probably never will...).  Watched too many people in college transform from interesting, fun people into lethargic blobs that just lied around smoking weed all day...

Dude, pot doesn't turn you into a lethargic blob. COLLEGE turns you into a lethargic blob.

Only drug I'd ever be interested in is DMT.

Anyway.

No work today.

Woke up at eleven, read the internet for a bit, headed out around 11:30. Walked from my apartment to Lane Ave. by way of the Schott, took Lane to Panera Bread, got an orange scone for breakfast. Continued on Lane to High, and took High to the campus B&N, where I got a tall Americano and a cookie. Ate half the cookie, saved the rest for later. Took High from the campus to the short north, noted that some new construction was coming in. Kept on High through the entirety of the short north, went to the downtown, eventually got off of High cause I saw some guys talking loudly and couldn't tell if they were having an altercation or just a lively conversation or what. Walked up some alley to, fuck I have no idea. Too Fuck I Have No Idea Blvd. to 3rd street, where I hung a right into German Village. Went to the Book Loft. Left. Walked down 3rd a bit till I found some dude and got directions to Giant Eagle. Went to Giant Eagle, got a coconut water, started walking back, ran into this homeless?/unemployed dude I give money to sometimes... Noted a lot of new construction in the Brewery District.

Mm... Walked along the Scioto back to the courthouse area, got back on High, caught the 8 bus, it missed my stop (some other guy wanted off), said fuck it and went into Kroger for a bit, left Kroger, walked up King to Grandview, went to a game store, picked up Timesplitters 2 and some PSX thang for cheap, h, left, went to Donatos and got a stromboli, walked back while eating the stromboli, stopped in at Target and World Market. Got a Vitamin Water...

Eightish hour walk and 20 miles or so. FEELS GOOD MAN.

---edit---

Also there was a game at the game store in Grandview I wanted but neglected to get because it didn't have the original manual and I didn't realize it was something I was looking for, because I tend to recognize game art more than titles. Derp.

GUESS I'LL GO BACK NEXT SATURDAY.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:11:35 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8753 on: February 18, 2013, 08:08:06 PM »

Hey, college didn't turn me into a lethargic blob.  Grad school did!

Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8754 on: February 18, 2013, 08:12:01 PM »

Never smoked weed, don't drink all that often, and my mom died of lung cancer so I really don't approve of cigarettes (she smoked 2 packs a day). If you like doing any of those, I won't condemn you, but I'm not all that into it.

I can certainly sympathize with that view.  When I drank prior to my heavy blues drowning period it was a rare occasion if I drank twice in a month, and I didn't even drink until a few months after I hit 21 (This may not seem particularly impressive, but I grew up in a town where most people started drinking at around age 12.).  I did enjoy pipe tobacco and cigars for six months, though, but I made sure to take it in moderation and accepted the risk of throat/mouth cancer which at least has the benefit of being easier to identify than mouth cancer (and less likely since it's easier to take pipes/cigars in moderation).
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8755 on: February 18, 2013, 10:13:29 PM »

If you just set a pipe on fire and smoked it without putting any tabocobos in it would the mouth still on cancer get?

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8756 on: February 18, 2013, 10:23:01 PM »

hey you wanna huff this glue with me?
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8757 on: February 18, 2013, 10:35:52 PM »

hey you wanna huff this glue with me?

Can't, lost my nose in Vietnam 3.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8758 on: February 18, 2013, 10:40:16 PM »

If you have any kind of willpower drugs are fun.Smoke a doob, eat some shrooms, but stay away from needles and powders. Fuck that.

Even though I think Yoda is wrong 98% of the time, the other 2% when he talks of food, I do agree with this.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8759 on: February 19, 2013, 01:20:05 AM »

man.... you know you care a wee too much for your games when a doctor says to you "Look, your in deep s**t.... You may need a new kidney in as little as 6 months..." and the very first thing to come to your mind is "oh no.... I'll never finish tales of xilia!!"

NOTE: Depressing as this news may sound, don't anyone get alarmed.... doctors have been telling me I'm gonna die for years.... I still run between 8-12 miles a day, smoke 2-3 packs of cigarettes and feel like a million bucks :)........ but I wish they would stop giving me such grim reports... really bums me out for a moment

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 876 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: