Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 12:16:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332801 Posts in 13635 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 889 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 697624 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8775 on: February 20, 2013, 11:50:58 PM »

AM

HH   II     II      GGGG         HH    II
GG   II     A     HH     II       HH    II
HHHH     II     GG              GGGGI
HH   II     II     GG  ggg       HH    II
GG   II     II       GGGG       HH    II

I'd put this in my signature but Euslis would probably become pedantic and quote the forum rules

Quiet!  Ypu pedant!!!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8776 on: February 21, 2013, 10:33:23 PM »

So, I work in a library. I'm in school to be a librarian, but I am not one yet officially; I am technically a reference associate. Librarian-lite, if you will.

Anywho, at work today I saw some teen guys tossing around a balloon in the teen room. I went to go ask them to stop, partly because we have a policy against throwing shit in the library, but mostly because it wasn't a balloon, it was an inflated condom. I asked them to stop, and they immediately tell me they found it under one of the computer desks in the teen room. I confiscate it, take it back to the staff room, tell my boss and co-workers about it, and we all have a good laugh. I even got to pop it! Despite the annoyance of having to be the "big mean librarian" to a bunch of kids, it was still a fun experience. I'll take condom balloons over most of the other headaches any day.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8777 on: February 21, 2013, 11:25:05 PM »

I worked from home today, primarily because the project manager isn't giving me anything to do and I didn't feel like going in if I was just going to stare at a wall all day :|

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8778 on: February 22, 2013, 07:54:54 AM »

So, I work in a library. I'm in school to be a librarian, but I am not one yet officially; I am technically a reference associate. Librarian-lite, if you will.

Anywho, at work today I saw some teen guys tossing around a balloon in the teen room. I went to go ask them to stop, partly because we have a policy against throwing shit in the library, but mostly because it wasn't a balloon, it was an inflated condom. I asked them to stop, and they immediately tell me they found it under one of the computer desks in the teen room. I confiscate it, take it back to the staff room, tell my boss and co-workers about it, and we all have a good laugh. I even got to pop it! Despite the annoyance of having to be the "big mean librarian" to a bunch of kids, it was still a fun experience. I'll take condom balloons over most of the other headaches any day.

Funny.

I recall waiting in line to check out some stuff at a library and hearing the guy in front of me yelling across the library to his wife that they couldn't check out a DVD because of fines.  Actual conversation follows:

"NEVER MIND, WE HAVE FUCKING FINES"
"HOW MUCH?"
"TWENTY FUCKING DOLLARS!  WE MIGHT AS WELL BUY THE FUCKING MOVIE!"

That really pissed me off because in addition to the obvious issues with doing that in a goddamn library there was a children's reading group in there that day so a bunch of kids were listening to his cursing echoing through the building.  Largely as a result of the children being there I resisted a strong urge to imitate his tone and yell, "WHOSE FUCKING FAULT IS THAT?"
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 08:00:25 AM by Desert Walker » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8779 on: February 22, 2013, 01:39:39 PM »

My JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test, a standardized test by the Japanese government) certification arrived today.  Now I have an official piece of paper that says I know Japanese.  I took the N3 test, which is just intermediate level but it was my first time taking it and I wanted something I was confident I would pass.  Planning on taking N2 this year (test is only offered once a year...).

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8780 on: February 22, 2013, 01:46:33 PM »

My JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test, a standardized test by the Japanese government) certification arrived today.  Now I have an official piece of paper that says I know Japanese.  I took the N3 test, which is just intermediate level but it was my first time taking it and I wanted something I was confident I would pass.  Planning on taking N2 this year (test is only offered once a year...).

Isn't the N2 the one you need for employment in Japan?
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8781 on: February 22, 2013, 02:04:41 PM »

Well, that depends on the employer.  A lot of Japanese companies demand N1 (which is a test that even native speakers wouldn't breeze through...).  Foreign companies that do business in Japan can be way less stringent, though.

Even though I plan on taking N2 soon I feel like it's going to be a long time before I'm ready for N1...

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8782 on: February 22, 2013, 05:08:45 PM »

Well, that depends on the employer.  A lot of Japanese companies demand N1 (which is a test that even many native speakers can't pass).  Foreign companies that do business in Japan can be way less stringent, though.

Even though I plan on taking N2 soon I feel like it's going to be a long time before I'm ready for N1...

Fixed that for ya mate.

Took my car in for inspection today.  Need brakes, rusted brake line, rusted rotors... there goes $400.   Also getting annoyed at work.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8783 on: February 22, 2013, 08:55:45 PM »

Took my car in for inspection today.  Need brakes, rusted brake line, rusted rotors... there goes $400.   Also getting annoyed at work.

Thats the max I'll pay for a fix on a car... in truth no matter how well off I am I will always drive a piece of s**t.... I'm just not into cars... I've always had the same routine with them... I buy em for less than a grand outright and when I bump into a fix that costs me more then 500 I just simply buy another and scrap the old one... I'll invest mad money into lots of things but vehicles just are not one of those things....

In either case, I feel for ya my friend... I HATE having to pay for car-crap.... it feels worse then when I gotta drop money for bills and rent and whatnot...

In other news.... I have something better to report to you fine folk than kidney failure this week!! I finished a DBZ tattoo!!! well actually its not done... its gonna be quite large and involving, but I finished Goku :)

EDIT: That is mostly healed results by the way :)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8784 on: February 22, 2013, 10:28:10 PM »

When I saw that pic on Facebook I was scrolling down and saw the hair first.  My first thought was 'Goku or Super Sonic?' :D
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8785 on: February 22, 2013, 10:50:14 PM »

Kevadu wanna be my BFFFF and go to Japan with me as my translator-slash-friendbuddy?

Consider them things, love ya, xoxo

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8786 on: February 22, 2013, 11:10:43 PM »

In either case, I feel for ya my friend... I HATE having to pay for car-crap.... it feels worse then when I gotta drop money for bills and rent and whatnot...

I never even bothered getting a license. I live in a large city, public transportation's good here, and unless I'm in a hurry, the upper limit on the amount of walking I can do in a day is like 30 miles.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8787 on: February 22, 2013, 11:16:44 PM »

Sweet tattoo as usual, Klyde. :) I always like seeing you post your work. If ever I were the type to get a tattoo I would want Mami from Madoka Magica on my crotch firing the her Tiro Finale move.

The gun will be my penis, as if it needed said. Will you do this for me?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8788 on: February 22, 2013, 11:19:27 PM »

I never even bothered getting a license. I live in a large city, public transportation's good here, and unless I'm in a hurry, the upper limit on the amount of walking I can do in a day is like 30 miles.

Large city? aren't you in columbus ohio?
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8789 on: February 22, 2013, 11:29:06 PM »

Sweet tattoo as usual, Klyde. :) I always like seeing you post your work. If ever I were the type to get a tattoo I would want Mami from Madoka Magica on my crotch firing the her Tiro Finale move.

The gun will be my penis, as if it needed said. Will you do this for me?

If Good Smile makes reprints her figure (or makes the slightly altered "movie ver") I'm SO picking her up.  For the little screen time she had, she's super popular -- but I've fallen for it too.  I made a fancy pick of her you can see on my dev page (/SELFPROMOTION)

Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 889 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: