Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 08:26:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334650 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 899 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 710851 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8805 on: February 23, 2013, 11:54:21 PM »

Right, forgot to mention this.

Worked from home yesterday morning because of an ice storm. Ate breakfast and drank most of a bottle of coke. Ate a cereal bar for lunch, but mostly skipped lunch because I wanted to get to the office for the afternoon.

Anyway, so I'm running on caffeine, but I'm kind of hungry as hell. And shit gets /weird/. I think I entered a state where I was simultaneously asleep and awake or something. Experience was similar to Robitussin consumption. Usually caffeine doesn't trigger dissociative effects unless you have a lot of it. I think it was mixed with not eating that did it.

That was magical. Let's never fucking do it again.

--- pre-edit stuff below ---

Speaking of themes I feel like there was a similar, underlying theme between FFIX, Chrono Cross, and LoM.

Speaking of Thames,

(His tusks look like spider fangs).

(Don't stick your dick in crazy! Don't stick your dick in applesauce either, that shit buuuuurns).

---eidt3?---

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:43:10 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8806 on: February 25, 2013, 05:08:14 PM »

I learned today that I will never eat something that has a strawberry/raspberry flavour if the ingredients don't specifically say there are actual strawberries/raspberries in it only; no “natural flavors”.

If you read this, there's no going back:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castoreum
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 05:17:58 PM by Annubis » Logged
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8807 on: February 25, 2013, 05:11:39 PM »

Took my car in for inspection today.  Need brakes, rusted brake line, rusted rotors... there goes $400.   Also getting annoyed at work.

Thats the max I'll pay for a fix on a car... in truth no matter how well off I am I will always drive a piece of s**t.... I'm just not into cars... I've always had the same routine with them... I buy em for less than a grand outright and when I bump into a fix that costs me more then 500 I just simply buy another and scrap the old one... I'll invest mad money into lots of things but vehicles just are not one of those things....

In either case, I feel for ya my friend... I HATE having to pay for car-crap.... it feels worse then when I gotta drop money for bills and rent and whatnot...

In other news.... I have something better to report to you fine folk than kidney failure this week!! I finished a DBZ tattoo!!! well actually its not done... its gonna be quite large and involving, but I finished Goku :)

EDIT: That is mostly healed results by the way :)

That's a really good tattoo.  The art looks great.

I'm with ya on cars.  A part of me would like to drive nicer cars, but I don't think it's money well spent.  I've been driving my car for a long time now and book value wise, is near worthless but it runs alright and I don't have a car payment so it's all good to me.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8808 on: February 25, 2013, 07:48:43 PM »

I learned today that I will never eat something that has a strawberry/raspberry flavour if the ingredients don't specifically say there are actual strawberries/raspberries in it only; no “natural flavors”.

If you read this, there's no going back:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castoreum

Jesus fucking tits-on-a-boar that's horrifying. And there's no available information on which foods actually contain it.

Oh, and speaking of beavers, I had a dream that I was going to the gynecologist last night.

there's... a lot of things wrong with that.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:39:03 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8809 on: February 25, 2013, 07:55:35 PM »

Found out today my bosses boss wants me at new location on March 18, FINALLY! Gonna be a bit more of a commute but much more mullah! Once again...Finally, been stringing me along for months now! And of course in 2 months I'll be complaining about the drive.

Everything's Eventual
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8810 on: February 25, 2013, 09:43:37 PM »

300lb yearly consumption....yeah that's not really throwing me off.

It's kinda like the old food colorings from crushed beetles that they used for red velvet cake....if I can eat a slim jim, I can eat ANYTHING.

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8811 on: February 25, 2013, 10:04:43 PM »

300lb yearly consumption....yeah that's not really throwing me off.

It's kinda like the old food colorings from crushed beetles that they used for red velvet cake....if I can eat a slim jim, I can eat ANYTHING.

That's blood, this is piss.

Way different.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8812 on: February 25, 2013, 10:10:59 PM »

Who cares.

I bet we have way more to worry about than a infinitesimal amount of beaver pee in crap we shouldn't be eating anyway

That reminds me of this awesome 80s shirt
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8813 on: February 26, 2013, 12:43:12 AM »

Found out today my bosses boss wants me at new location on March 18, FINALLY! Gonna be a bit more of a commute but much more mullah! Once again...Finally, been stringing me along for months now! And of course in 2 months I'll be complaining about the drive.

Depending on the raise of course, but by god I'd take a job that paid less if it meant it was closer.  I hated commuting from sister-city to Toronto five days a week... x_X

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8814 on: February 26, 2013, 05:43:50 PM »

That's a really good tattoo.  The art looks great.

I'm with ya on cars.  A part of me would like to drive nicer cars, but I don't think it's money well spent.  I've been driving my car for a long time now and book value wise, is near worthless but it runs alright and I don't have a car payment so it's all good to me.

Thanks for looking akanbe!

And yes without a doubt the most important factors in owning a vehicle are:

A. "runs alright"

and...

B. "i don't have a care payment"

lastly a distant third for me is....

C. radio and heat works (i've gone without both.... neither is pleasant-LoL)

Precision, patience, and a steady hand --- NONE of theses are something I have. 

I can try, but it may be like a tattoo-sketch, with lines going every which way and vaguely looking like a thing you wanted.  I admire tat artists for basically getting something done in one, basically, "good copy". o_o

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret..... tattooing is nothing like you imagine it to be.... I am certain I can teach anyone how to do a good tattoo so long as their intellect is slightly greater than your average  monkey.... tattooing is also NOTHING like you see on tv.... tattooing is not hard...

Having a steady hand, being patient and precise... hell, even having a working knowledge of art theory and a bit of formal training in that regard.... these things are all bonus' that will lend exceptional qualities to your work... but for the most part doing a good tattoo is learning how to properly re-render an image on skin in a fashion that leaves little chance for error.... this really comes down to a somewhat unorthodox order of operation that is more or less "screw up proof" in the sense that any mistakes you make can be fixed before the client even gets up and checks out their tattoo in the mirror..... 9 out of 10 artists don't understand this and still work in a very mechanical fashion.... they line first, then they shade, then they color, working dark to light.... this typical order of operation for tattooing is VERY SCARY leaving marginal room for visible error you can't do much about (at least until their tattoo is healed).... to put it simply, there is more then one way to "slay a dragon" so to speak and there is always a "safe" approach to each piece.... approach each piece safely if you never have anything to worry about :)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8815 on: February 26, 2013, 07:15:26 PM »

thank the maker Dice is finally banned. That broad does nothing but run her mouth
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8816 on: February 26, 2013, 07:19:59 PM »

Dice is banned?  Wha? :(

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #8817 on: February 26, 2013, 07:22:27 PM »

thank the maker Dice is finally banned. That broad does nothing but run her mouth

Broad? Is this the 1920's or did we just become totes sexist here?

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8818 on: February 26, 2013, 07:35:31 PM »

1920S.

GAMS UP TO HERE.

MOONSHINE.

SNOODS.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8819 on: February 26, 2013, 11:13:58 PM »

I finally joined GOG in a quest to spend even more money on games.

Planescape Torment is up to bat!
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 899 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: