Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 01:02:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338683 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 910 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 745101 times)
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9000 on: March 22, 2013, 11:50:53 PM »

Working on my last project for my last class before I graduate. Its due tomorrow, and once I finish my practicum next month I'll get my Masters in May.

Pretty pumped about this.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9001 on: March 23, 2013, 02:29:10 PM »

I just got matched against a Riot employee in a LoL game. I'm so happy! It was just a random game, never played with a Riot employee before. He was super nice though.

It was Riot Tiza for anyone interested.

I won, I was playing Annie. :D

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9002 on: March 23, 2013, 04:56:09 PM »

So, first day off since I started my new position, man I am beat, but I felt it was a rewarding week professionally! Couple of more weeks and I'll (hopefully) have everything moving in a better direction.

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9003 on: March 23, 2013, 05:28:19 PM »

Went to Play n Trade and bought some mothafuckin' VIDYA.

(Lost Kingdoms 2 and Future Cop)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 09:31:18 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9004 on: March 23, 2013, 09:11:02 PM »

275 pound bench press TIMES TWO MOTHER FUCKERS!!!

MY POWER KNOWS NO LIMITS, RAAAAWWWWRRRRRR.

I felt bad though cuz I totally farted on the second press, and it was loud.

TASTY!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9005 on: March 23, 2013, 10:00:16 PM »

I got 99 problems and a girl is one.

I couldn't bring myself to call her a bitch. But yeah. Girl problems.

Sorry Dagger.  If it helps, I'm a [self-proclaimed] cool chicka -- I swear they exist (Yoda and Mongoosey can vouch!  ...dunno if Grim would, Mesh would give me a speech about Magnolia Thunderpussy or whatever awesome thing he said that one time)!!  :D
Hope it gets better.

For what it's worth, I DO indeed think you are a COOL chicka. No worries there.
; - )

Beautiful day out! Gardened up a storm, getting things cleaned up and ready for the season.
Tomorrow is supposed to be pretty crappy weather-wise. Cold and snow. Ugh.
I have a bunch of work to do for my class, though, so the bunk weather is a blessing of sorts.
One more class to go and I'll be all done with my Master Gardener training. Then it's on to the work of projects and volunteering. I go from being a "trainee" to an "intern". I haven't been an intern in 18 years! So weird. I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm glad I finally put myself out there and got involved.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9006 on: March 23, 2013, 11:12:42 PM »

o/` I do not dream o/`

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9007 on: March 24, 2013, 12:20:05 AM »

Today was my friend's funeral and I just came back from the friends social gathering.
At the service, his brother and mother were good; they were able to give a speech. Me, I had something in my throat the whole time and wouldn't have been able to speak a single word.
At least now it's final.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9008 on: March 24, 2013, 12:29:38 AM »

Today was my friend's funeral and I just came back from the friends social gathering.
At the service, his brother and mother were good; they were able to give a speech. Me, I had something in my throat the whole time and wouldn't have been able to speak a single word.
At least now it's final.

I'm sorry for your loss, Annubis. :(

I understand about not being able to do something like that. I was asked to carry my Grandpa's coffin at his cremation, but I declined as I thought I would be too distressed. I was right, I was completely shaking and crying, I probably would have dropped him.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9009 on: March 24, 2013, 01:04:12 AM »

I've gotten exceptionally good at short-circuiting negative emotional responses.

I really, really wish I hadn't.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9010 on: March 24, 2013, 02:03:41 AM »

I got 99 problems and a girl is one.

I couldn't bring myself to call her a bitch. But yeah. Girl problems.

Sorry Dagger.  If it helps, I'm a [self-proclaimed] cool chicka -- I swear they exist (Yoda and Mongoosey can vouch!  ...dunno if Grim would, Mesh would give me a speech about Magnolia Thunderpussy or whatever awesome thing he said that one time)!!  :D
Hope it gets better.

Thanks folks. Here is the story.

We met online, then hung out once, and talk everyday. I ask her to hang out all the time, but she always says no. She said she likes me, but won't tell me why she doesn't want to hang out. It is just...annoying. I feel insane because I constantly ask her, and she constantly says no, yet I can't quit asking. Some might think it's pathetic, and I wouldn't blame them, but we spent 4 hours sitting and talking on that first date and it just felt awesome to connect to her. She is the first person that I connected with like that in a long time.

In happier news. Me and my roommates signed a lease for a new apartment that is about 450 square feet bigger than our current apartment.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9011 on: March 24, 2013, 10:06:22 AM »

So, yesterday I finished the post-season 4 specials of Doctor Who including the stuff about the origins of 'the drums of war' and the whole 'death knocks four times' thing. This morning the cat wakes me up semi-early in the morning wanting in the house, I let her in and go back to bed and later, right when I start to fall back asleep I'm awakened by THUMP THUMP - THUMP THUMP - THUMP THUMP - THUMP THUMP
I go check to see what the HELL is going on and it turns out that the cat has has her paw stuck under the door of a closet and is pulling on the door trying to get loose in a quite accurate representation of that rhythm.  Funny in retrospect, not so much when you're half asleep and have the fresh memories of the show in your head.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 10:08:33 AM by Desert Walker » Logged
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9012 on: March 24, 2013, 07:22:12 PM »

At least now it's final.
I'm really sorry for your loss, dude.

We met online, then hung out once, and talk everyday. I ask her to hang out all the time, but she always says no. She said she likes me, but won't tell me why she doesn't want to hang out. It is just...annoying. I feel insane because I constantly ask her, and she constantly says no, yet I can't quit asking. Some might think it's pathetic, and I wouldn't blame them, but we spent 4 hours sitting and talking on that first date and it just felt awesome to connect to her. She is the first person that I connected with like that in a long time.
I would get out, that is the sign of a two-timing chick, dude.

Here is the thought process. She likes you, but there is someone she likes MORE. She wants to see how this other guy turns out. If it turns out to the positive, she will drop you quickly. If it doesn't go well, she still has you to fall back on. The fact that she's being vague and not very forthcoming with any of info of why she is not meeting up with you (and the fact that she keeps saying no yet says she likes you) means that A) she is putting all her effort into this other guy at the moment, or B) she is already in a relationship and trying to salvage it. Either way you are the backup/rebound and you deserve better. Get out, now.

I generally have a two date fail test. If a girl flakes out on me twice in succession without offering a good reason, I drop her like a lead potato.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 07:34:47 PM by Ashton » Logged

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9013 on: March 24, 2013, 08:07:58 PM »

I would get out, that is the sign of a two-timing chick, dude.

Here is the thought process. She likes you, but there is someone she likes MORE. She wants to see how this other guy turns out. If it turns out to the positive, she will drop you quickly. If it doesn't go well, she still has you to fall back on. The fact that she's being vague and not very forthcoming with any of info of why she is not meeting up with you (and the fact that she keeps saying no yet says she likes you) means that A) she is putting all her effort into this other guy at the moment, or B) she is already in a relationship and trying to salvage it. Either way you are the backup/rebound and you deserve better. Get out, now.

I generally have a two date fail test. If a girl flakes out on me twice in succession without offering a good reason, I drop her like a lead potato.

Hmm, I hadn't thought about the other relationship thing. It makes sense, though. Now I feel even more ridiculous.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9014 on: March 24, 2013, 08:12:53 PM »

Well don't, lots of guys end up falling into that trap because their feelings are taken advantage of. Just stop contacting her. If she contacts YOU, though, there may be the possibility of salvaging something, but you'd probably need to be extra cautious.

This knowledge of cutthroat dating practices did not come cheap, believe me. :P

Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 910 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: