Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 06:31:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338330 Posts in 13850 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 909 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 741954 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9165 on: April 03, 2013, 09:34:07 PM »

I seem to be invisible on the internet. Agent D. comes up more in searches then my real name. Although my asshole sister put me and my father's names up ib some linked in profile or some shit, I can't remember.

Frankly, when employers asked me about my facebook and myspace status shit, I tell them A: don't have it, and B: I don't mix work with play, so you guys don't need my online social hangouts. That being said, Radioshack sucks and their wifi password is radioshack*store number*, so mine was radioshack2827.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9166 on: April 03, 2013, 10:00:55 PM »

^all things considered that's one of the more boring posts I've ever seen on the internet.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9167 on: April 03, 2013, 11:00:58 PM »

My posts can't all be winners. Guess I oughta make a better post then.

Benched 295 today, wish the bar was a straight 50 instead of 45, it always makes for a dissappointing final set cuz of the whole not being a 0 ending number, like not being 300 lbs for example.

Yes, I did just complain that I ONLY lifted 295 lbs instead of 300.

Something.else I'm pretty proud of tonight, I did some tricep work too, specifically tricep pushdowns. Basically, you grab a small V shapped handle with both hands that's attached to a cable with a load behind it, and push down from your elbow height using only you triceps straight down. I normally rack the machine at 200lbs, which alone is a lot, but I'm pretty far beyond that. I toyed with ideas on how to add weight, and figured out how to take a small strap with a carabeener attached and rig it onto the weight plates, adding another 45 lbs, and then another 25 on that. So I pushed down 270 lbs tonight. I am very proud of my ingenuity ....oh and my triceps are FUCK HOOGE.

TASTY!
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9168 on: April 03, 2013, 11:44:43 PM »

My posts can't all be winners. Guess I oughta make a better post then.

Not all of Yoda's are winners either (Annubis and Sensei get awesome zingers in though).
I think he was just sleepy when he wrote that.  I get pretty lethargic when I'm sleep deprived, and Yodes works one of the worst jobs for that.

Studying.  It ain't going well. It's too boring, so I take breaks, then breaks on top of pee breaks. BOO.

Sort of related note, I HATE when I'm looking up a definition, for example the word "DESPOTIC", and the dictionary definition gives me:

"The act of being a despot". 

THANKS -- THAT ANSWERS WHAT I WANTED TO KNOW... *click "despot"*
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:48:29 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9169 on: April 04, 2013, 10:11:56 AM »

At 4 o'clock I was informed there was a teacher's dinner for all of the staff of my work. Nice to have notice.
Then I found out it was sushi and stopped complaining.
Then after the last class, the students invited my coworker and I out to drink.
I've had worse nights.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9170 on: April 04, 2013, 04:37:36 PM »

I use a pseudonym online. Thus if any employer searches for me online they will find nothing.

Truthfully, this only works to your benefit sometimes.  With the prevalence of social media in today's world, a lot of HR departments these days assume everyone has a social media account.  If they can't find you, they may assume you are trying to hide something.  You might be better off making a second profile that lists squeaky clean interests such as church, rainbows, and puppy dog kisses than nothing at all. 

I'm the same, I got little to hide, but I'd still be worried about being tracked for even general likes and interests -- not necessarily stigmatizing, but changing perception of how an employer might see me. 

I have an old friend who's trying to get into the law profession.  He doesn't set everything to private and a general Google search reveals his Facebook profile where he lists interests such as South Park and World of Warcraft.  He's in his early thirties.  I wish we still kept in contact so I could tell him he needs to set that to private or remove it entirely.  This stuff can definitely hurt job prospects.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9171 on: April 04, 2013, 07:09:00 PM »

I use a pseudonym online. Thus if any employer searches for me online they will find nothing.

Truthfully, this only works to your benefit sometimes.  With the prevalence of social media in today's world, a lot of HR departments these days assume everyone has a social media account.  If they can't find you, they may assume you are trying to hide something.  You might be better off making a second profile that lists squeaky clean interests such as church, rainbows, and puppy dog kisses than nothing at all. 

I'm the same, I got little to hide, but I'd still be worried about being tracked for even general likes and interests -- not necessarily stigmatizing, but changing perception of how an employer might see me. 

I have an old friend who's trying to get into the law profession.  He doesn't set everything to private and a general Google search reveals his Facebook profile where he lists interests such as South Park and World of Warcraft.  He's in his early thirties.  I wish we still kept in contact so I could tell him he needs to set that to private or remove it entirely.  This stuff can definitely hurt job prospects.

Seriously?

Employers get suspicious if you don't have a facebook page, so they can use it to determine whether or not to hire you based on which TV shows you like?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9172 on: April 04, 2013, 07:17:45 PM »

Some do, yes.

I have a personal site geared towards my professional life that is on my business card if employers ever demand it, as well as a LinkedIn profile, which for my interviews have always sufficed.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9173 on: April 05, 2013, 12:42:43 AM »

How come this isn't stickied anymore?
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9174 on: April 05, 2013, 12:53:42 AM »

Huh, not sure. Maybe one of us hit the "un-sticky" button by accident, I daren't re-sticky it though in case I'm just not hip to some plan.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9175 on: April 05, 2013, 01:09:45 AM »

Maybe the thread got so long it unstuck under its own weight.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9176 on: April 05, 2013, 01:11:54 AM »

I will see it hit 1000 pages before we make a new one dammit.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9177 on: April 05, 2013, 01:18:22 AM »

Why start a new one?

Haps: soaked in the tub and drank some mexican pop

Now I'm trying to find that perfect table for next to my couch
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9178 on: April 05, 2013, 01:34:43 AM »

Why start a new one?

Haps: soaked in the tub and drank some mexican pop

Now I'm trying to find that perfect table for next to my couch

And that privilege to start new topic must only lie with Yoda!!!!  I believe in traditions!
Because of this stupid thread, if I have no better word for "what's going down" I say "HAPS". x(

I drank V8 Fusion to help my veggie intake.  Low sodium, tastes decent, 1.5 servings of veggies and fruit in drinkable form.... and no fibre. 
...Goddamit.
I suppose it's better than Coke still... but coke tastes so good with pizza and burgers, it's hard to sub in water or anything for that.

Speaking of tradition.  Tomorrow is last day of class (exams aside) -- I'm getting near-naked and gaming all night.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9179 on: April 05, 2013, 04:15:23 AM »

I tried playing games naked once....I didn't care for the controller cable slapping around my....lower pelvic area.

Re-sticky this damnit, I keep not seeing it on top of everything, and it saddens me :(

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 909 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: