Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 07:07:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329733 Posts in 13517 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 876 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 666266 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9180 on: April 05, 2013, 04:19:30 AM »

I may have unstickied this inadvertantly while I was browsing on my phone this morning. It's stickied again.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9181 on: April 05, 2013, 05:33:08 PM »

I use a pseudonym online. Thus if any employer searches for me online they will find nothing.

Truthfully, this only works to your benefit sometimes.  With the prevalence of social media in today's world, a lot of HR departments these days assume everyone has a social media account.  If they can't find you, they may assume you are trying to hide something.  You might be better off making a second profile that lists squeaky clean interests such as church, rainbows, and puppy dog kisses than nothing at all. 

I'm the same, I got little to hide, but I'd still be worried about being tracked for even general likes and interests -- not necessarily stigmatizing, but changing perception of how an employer might see me. 

I have an old friend who's trying to get into the law profession.  He doesn't set everything to private and a general Google search reveals his Facebook profile where he lists interests such as South Park and World of Warcraft.  He's in his early thirties.  I wish we still kept in contact so I could tell him he needs to set that to private or remove it entirely.  This stuff can definitely hurt job prospects.

Seriously?

Employers get suspicious if you don't have a facebook page, so they can use it to determine whether or not to hire you based on which TV shows you like?

It's basically a way to cull resumes.  Due to the economy and the ease of applying online to jobs thanks to Monster, Careerbuilder, etc, they often get a silly amount of resumes so they're looking for ANY reason whatsoever to throw that resume in the garbage.  Some may use a program to scan for certain words in resumes, then whittle it down from there (using a bunch of methods, such as the above mentioned social media scanning).

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9182 on: April 05, 2013, 07:27:37 PM »

Euro Truck 2 is 50% of on Gamersgate BUY IT IT IS THE BEST GAME.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9183 on: April 05, 2013, 09:17:45 PM »

Good, it's fixed, I can now relay all my useless information and unimpressive weight lifting triumphs to you all with ease again.

Did back and a tad of shoulders. Military dumbell presses with 85lbers, pretty good stuff. Also did a 300lb lat pulldown twice, which is awesome. Then I watched some tiny girl jump up and do like 10 pullups....this upset me greatly, so I had to make something new. I took the regular 100lb dumbells, and tied 25lb plates to them and used those for shrugs. It's pretty cool to know that I can pick up 125 lbs in each hand.

If any of you guys need to invest in a personal bodyguard...I may start taking requests.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9184 on: April 05, 2013, 11:11:43 PM »

You are strong. Too bad you smell so bad all the time.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9185 on: April 05, 2013, 11:51:43 PM »

You are strong. Too bad you smell so bad all the time.
Dude, I am so neurotic about my own body odor, I shower BEFORE i go to the gym, and then after I get home. I keep 2 different cans of deodorant when I go to the gym, and I never leave the gym with what I worked out in still on.

I still think I may smell bad after.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9186 on: April 06, 2013, 12:57:11 AM »

oh man the product description almost made me pee myself

http://www.amazon.com/Bath-Famous-Japanese-Spring-Import/dp/B00A8W9GB4/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1365224040&sr=8-22&keywords=japanese+bath+salts
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9187 on: April 06, 2013, 05:26:49 PM »

WARNING! WARNING! A BLATANT PLEA FOR MORAL SUPPORT IS ABOUT TO BE LET LOOSE!

Well guys, in the wake of my "lets quit sweet n' low" experiment I have determined that I must give up the "taste" of sweet. I have come to the conclusion that I am highly addicted to sweet tasting things and (strange or simple as it may seem) it is the root of great strife for me. This effort is irrelevant in regard to weight (as by anyone standards I don't think a full grown adult male of 125-130 lbs needs to lose) and is purely in the interest of better cognition and saving money.

I never really looked at how disrupting the "tasting of sweet things" is to my life (and wallet). Upon examination I came to some startling conclusions...

1.I spent well over 100 dollars on non-nutritional food items in the last 3 days (things I didn't need but just simply wanted because they were sweet).

2.I will literally not consume meat, vegetables or ANYTHING if I can't sweeten it somehow.

3. I will and am late for things because I can't stop drinking sweet coffee.

4. (Dumb as this may sound, it is the most disturbing point to me) I watch less anime then I have in the past and play less games to acomodate my sweet coffee habit.

5. I drink 1 gallon of almond milk a day or more. If I don't sweeten it, I don't even want a single glass.

6. I find myself distracted by the thought of sweet things at the most odd times, this is becoming too frequent to point of almost constant. While I am tattooing, playing games, running, drawing, driving... you name it.

I can go on but you get the idea. I am very distressed over this situation. While I am happy and hopeful at the prospect of making a positive change in my life... I FEEL FREAKIN' WEAK AT THE KNEES OVER IT!!!

I don't know why I am even posting this crap... I just feel like garbage over the whole thing and needed to vent I guess. As I have expressed in the past, this is my preferred social outlet and I have somehow come to identify you all as my friends... As such, you must put up with my ellipses and whining-LoL

But seriously, I feel so down about all this it isn't even funny. I could have paid my electric bill, paid off soul hacks and pandoras tower, probably watched a entire season of anime and easily have beaten persona 2 IS in the last 14 days if I wasn't "sweet" addicted.

The kicker? Because of my limited diet I can only have certain things that aren't always the easiest to find... the other night at 2 am I drove over 40 miles to buy one of my "sweet treats" because my local store was sold out... as I was counting change to fill my tank and drive back ( because I spent all the cash I had on me to stock up)  the thought occurred to me " Klyde... there is something wrong here..."

On the upside, it only took about 1 full day to stop seriously craving the sweet n' low so I can't imagine this being too bad...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9188 on: April 06, 2013, 07:02:35 PM »

I had no idea tattoo artists made that kind of coin. A gallon of almond milk a day is pretty expensive!

I got a nice small grill for my balcony. I put it together and it works!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9189 on: April 06, 2013, 07:04:43 PM »

how the fuck much should a used PSP cost

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9190 on: April 06, 2013, 07:06:35 PM »

Former fast sweet addict here.... I had an unhealthy addition to 2 litres of Coke a day, could eat a bag of cookies when I was down, and lost control whenever someone brought donuts to work. When I decided to go cold turkey for sweet things, it was really hard to find replacements for all the things I liked to have. Water instead of Coke...? Bleah.

But after a month.... I actually CRAVED vegetables. Me, the picky eater who turned down morsels in vegatable form unless fried and salted first? I liked water. I felt strange if I didn't have food that wasn't "unhealthy".

Now I indulge in some sugar (although I avoid the chemical replacements), but I still enjoy healthy foods.

Maybe if you can avoid sugar for awhile, make an effort to eat "real food" for awhile, you might find you don't crave it AS much.

I had no idea tattoo artists made that kind of coin. A gallon of almond milk a day is pretty expensive!

I got a nice small grill for my balcony. I put it together and it works!

Nice! Does it work well? Nothing like steak grilled outside!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9191 on: April 06, 2013, 07:21:57 PM »

Clyde, one thing my old roomate did is she decided the only sweet things she'll eat she HAS to cook them.

She'd still eat cake and stuff like that but:
- It was healthier than anything you could buy
- It was much cheaper, and
- It was enough of a bother to bake for her to cut down on it a lot.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9192 on: April 06, 2013, 08:25:49 PM »

Have you looked into truvia? It's a natural sweetener, not like aspartame, but not sugar either. Might be something to look into if you really gotta have that sugar rush.

Biceps and triceps today, getting to the point wherr if I don't hurt after a workout, I consider it a waste sadly. Also started some cardio again, as I'm starting to put back on excess weight due to the nature of how I have to eat to maintain the heavy lifting. Basically, I have to work more so eating more is okay, but this is probably gonna make me eat more again....

TASTY!
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9193 on: April 06, 2013, 10:04:43 PM »

Former fast sweet addict here.... I had an unhealthy addition to 2 litres of Coke a day, could eat a bag of cookies when I was down, and lost control whenever someone brought donuts to work. When I decided to go cold turkey for sweet things, it was really hard to find replacements for all the things I liked to have. Water instead of Coke...? Bleah.

But after a month.... I actually CRAVED vegetables. Me, the picky eater who turned down morsels in vegatable form unless fried and salted first? I liked water. I felt strange if I didn't have food that wasn't "unhealthy".

Now I indulge in some sugar (although I avoid the chemical replacements), but I still enjoy healthy foods.

Maybe if you can avoid sugar for awhile, make an effort to eat "real food" for awhile, you might find you don't crave it AS much.

Funny thing is I don't have any refined sugar despite my sweet tooth. After cutting out artificial sweetener, the only thing I have been having is a fruit based sugar sweetener called lo-han. And my diet really only consists of green veggies and poultry (which I love, so long as I spray em down with lo han) (no bread, no grains, no starchy-anything).

Clyde, one thing my old roomate did is she decided the only sweet things she'll eat she HAS to cook them.

She'd still eat cake and stuff like that but:
- It was healthier than anything you could buy
- It was much cheaper, and
- It was enough of a bother to bake for her to cut down on it a lot.

That is essentially what I do now... I just spray that lo-han crap on and in everything...

Have you looked into truvia? It's a natural sweetener, not like aspartame, but not sugar either. Might be something to look into if you really gotta have that sugar rush.

I don't tolerate either stevia nor Erythitol (the two main ingredients in truvia) stevia will drop my blood pressure so low its scary and erythitol makes me so sick I feel like I'm using anti-freeze to sweeten things. My search for something that didn't spike my insulin nor upset my stomach led me to the lo-han (also known as monks fruit). It is also completely natural like stevia, but substantially less refined than most stevia products. It is actually just a matter of simmering the monks fruit in water and taking using the liquid that is leftover as a sweetener. Virtually calorie free, doesn't impact blood sugar and most importantly is doesn't hurt my tummy.

After posting and reflecting a bit on the situation, I realized this has not always been a problem yet the lo han and sweet affinity has always been there... so now I'm starting to wonder if I'm not missing something else...

I did reincorporate a bit of dairy back into my diet after not having it for like 5 years. I tend to wonder if maybe it wouldn't be wise to try cutting that back out first and just seeing if I could moderate my sweet tooth then (i never really had too much trouble in the past). From what I have been reading lots of other folks seem to have extreme cravings as a result of dairy yet I can't seem to find even 1 argument against lo han.... And I did notice that nearly the moment I decided I was gonna try and go without the "taste of sweet" my mind almost immediately jumped to "just put cheese on everything".

I tend to be a bit of an extremist you see... Something that never really works out for me... so somewhere in me I know intuitively the answer to this riddle is moderation of my lo han (not complete abstinence). I just need to figure out why I started going nuts with the stuff in the first place.

I sincerely thank you guys for your suggestions and paying mind to my complaints. I seriously NEEDED to bitch about this problem for a moment.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9194 on: April 06, 2013, 10:15:24 PM »

how the fuck much should a used PSP cost
First gen PSPs should run you more than the others, due to the more limited nature of them. 2000 and 3000s should be in the area of 100 bucks. Psp go isn't worth buying so don't bother.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 876 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: