Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 11:19:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335179 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 900 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 724389 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9270 on: April 14, 2013, 09:52:01 AM »

"the sweat stain on your lower back looks like a heart"
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9271 on: April 14, 2013, 01:16:27 PM »

Klyde, when I finally hit that massive lotto jackpot I secretly yearn to win, I am so getting my tattoo done by you.

It doesn't have to be a massive jackpot D, in all honesty if your project was geeky enough to entice me you would probably just have to pay travel expenses and I would only charge you the cost of materials for the tattooing.

And with that said... last night was many many hours of drawing a geeky tattoo that DID NOT entice me... bitter sweet for me as the project and client are cool but I freakin' HATE super heroes... and while batman is one thing (no hate for the b-man, just no love) I really can't take the avengers... well now I have full avengers back-piece that I will be working on for the better part of the next year. Starting with hulk.... *groan*

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9272 on: April 14, 2013, 01:18:41 PM »

I'm with you on the Avengers Klyde.

They are lame.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9273 on: April 14, 2013, 03:40:22 PM »

I'm with you on the Avengers Klyde.

They are lame.

Yea, I can't explain it really. I know western-comic-heroes sort of fit with my taste of over the top and fantastic fiction but I have hated most any I've been exposed to since I was a little kid. Before I had any idea what anime was, while other kids were all into there super-heroes, I was too busy with voltron, ronin warriors and sailor moon.... man you really are NOT the cool kid in the lunch line when you are sporting a sailor moon thermos in contrast to all the spiderman, batman and super hero beverage containers.

None the less... heeeeeeeerrre is ze' hulk!

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9274 on: April 14, 2013, 05:10:04 PM »

Well Klyde, I do have a roughed out idea of the tattoo I want, though only a verbal description. I wanted to make a greatsword and scythe sort of overlap over and sit underneath a helmet of the Dark Knight from FFXI, almost like a skull and crossbones motiff. The specific helmet would be the Bale Burgeonet, and the greatsword would be the ragnarok and scythe would be either a more grey and black version of the apocalypse, or my own weapon the Ogresse. It's sort of my thing, Dark Knight, as I enjoy the idea of extreme strength and putting everything you have into an attack, the proverbial "one hitter-quitter". If I can find a way to show the image of what I mean, I'll post it up here.

In other news, 305 BENCH PRESS OMFG I BROKE THE 300 MARK!!!!!!!

This has pleased me.

TASTY!
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9275 on: April 14, 2013, 06:22:54 PM »

Yoda- those bad pickup lines are gold. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9276 on: April 14, 2013, 10:24:40 PM »

Oh god my shoe has a mouth.

(I woke up at 9:40ish and laid around till 10, at which point the weather was OKAY enough to go outside. Went to Buckeye Donuts and waited in line for awhile, and got a buttermilk donut and a plain glazed yeast donut. Ate donuts and proceeded on to the campus Barnes and Nobles, where I bought a new drawstring backpack for my work laptop. Also got a lemonbar and coffee from the Starbucks.

Proceeded to head to the Short North with the intent of going to Magnolia Thunderpussy, although I was still drinking coffee so I kept walking onto the convention center. Finished my coffee, shoved my coat in my backpack, at the lemonbar, and head back to Mangolia Thunderpussy.

Initial goal was to get the knew the The Knife CD and The National - The Boxer, but they didn't have the Boxer so I got a copy of DIIV's debut album (along with Shaking the Habitual) instead. Had some awkward goddamn non-conversation with the clerk. Also went to Z-Pizza and stood around for awhile before deciding I wasn't hungry, and just got a Vitamin Water.

Walked back to my apartment after this, although I went up... whatever the fuck road is between John Herrick and Lane. Got some sunchips and apples from Subway, had some of the Vitamin Water, listened to the DIIV CD. Stayed in my apartment till 4.

At 4, I headed out towards Upper Arlington. Took Fishinger up to the river. Found a small park not too far off Kenny and walked through it.

It was only sidewalks half the way so I was walking in grass a lot. Reminded me of being back in BGSU. Everything feels more real when you're walking. Found the Greek Restaurant I was looking for and ordered falafel to go. They were out so I just got a vegetable pita. Ate it while I was walking back. Dripped tzatziki everywhere. Zero fucks given.

Lot of people were mowing the grass. Houses out that way looked interesting.

Went to Giant Eagle and got pistachio gelato on the way back (and some groceries). Stupid eight year old started following me, saying "HEY APPLE GUY ARE YOU A MAN OR A WOMAN?" Damn kids.

Got home around 7:41.

Walked about 18 miles total today).

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9277 on: April 14, 2013, 11:24:07 PM »

Damn, I've been busy lately. Not much time for computer stuff, which is probably actually a good thing.
I'm pretty much exhausted after this past week. I'm crazy busy at work(Landscaping in Spring. Duh), trying to get my own landscape/garden in order, and am now doing volunteer work as a U of I Extension Master Gardener. I haven't had much time to game at all. Bummer.
It was awesome out today. Hovered around 70 all afternoon. I managed to get my son involved with getting all my seeds potted and set up, so that felt good. He's kind of grown out of wanting to help me in the garden, so whatever we can do together nowadays, I savor. He's such a great kid.
Congrats everyone on all your accomplishments. It's great to see people getting things done. I know how good it feels to kick ass at something and want to share it with the world. It's hard to be humble sometimes. Today, I had a lady pull over her car and tell me how much she loves my garden, and looks forward to seeing it when she's out walking. It feels good to be recognized for all my hard work.
Neal, my wife runs pretty much every day. Her goal this year is to run 1500 miles. She just hit 500 today. She's running her 3rd marathon in two weeks. She's not all that fast, but has tons of determination.
Women DO look damn good in those black yoga/spandex/whatever they are pants, don't they? My wife wears those, and I quite enjoy it when she does.
: - )

« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 11:57:04 PM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9278 on: April 14, 2013, 11:52:27 PM »

jammed around Evanston today.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9279 on: April 15, 2013, 08:51:36 AM »

So, I'm at work now putting drivers on a USB stick.

Windows doesn't detect the network adapter (aka Internet) nor the DVD drive. Which means tough luck installing any drivers to make anything work.
I have no idea how anyone is supposed to config a new computer WITHOUT another working computer. It just seems impossible.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9280 on: April 15, 2013, 01:29:49 PM »

So, I'm at work now putting drivers on a USB stick.

Windows doesn't detect the network adapter (aka Internet) nor the DVD drive. Which means tough luck installing any drivers to make anything work.
I have no idea how anyone is supposed to config a new computer WITHOUT another working computer. It just seems impossible.
Cell phone, dude.

TASTY!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9281 on: April 15, 2013, 07:23:34 PM »

FINALLY!!! EVERYTHING IS WORKING!!!
I started installing shit at 4:00 and it's now 7:20... 3 hours of hardcore driver-ing.

There is no swear word strong enough to qualify the last 3 days building this computer.
Sometimes I wonder why I do this to myself...
but maaaaaaaaaan, I'm not sure I'm building my next computer... this shit takes its toll after a couple of them.
It's never easy and there's always a billion problem that pop-up.

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9282 on: April 15, 2013, 09:42:18 PM »

The 70 dollar Sennheisers make everything sound like I'm listening to a radio. What price range am I supposed to look at before things start getting good?

Maybe they're actually awesome and all of my music is just horribly recorded and my other headphones were to crappy realize this. I have no idea.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9283 on: April 15, 2013, 11:57:57 PM »

The 70 dollar Sennheisers make everything sound like I'm listening to a radio. What price range am I supposed to look at before things start getting good?

Maybe they're actually awesome and all of my music is just horribly recorded and my other headphones were to crappy realize this. I have no idea.

Get the Audio-Technica ATH-M30's from Amazon. Extremely good deal and they sound awesome. Convinced my friend to by them and he loves them as well.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9284 on: April 16, 2013, 01:31:32 PM »

That depends; if you're listening to MP3s everything will sound like you're listening to a radio no matter how good your headphones are because that's how they sound.  Are you using lossless or MP3s?  For that matter, are you using a pre-amp or running the headphones straight into a computer/cheap stereo?  All of these things make a difference.

On a different note, I don't think any of you are the sort of dick that will report Facebook pages as offensive because you happen to disagree with their political content (or some picture they show) but this is important anyway.  Definitely worth a read and (hopefully) worth sharing.

EDIT:  A friend from New Zealand recommended the Preacher series to me saying that he thought I'd enjoy the general vibe of it and also identify with it some being from and currently living in Texas.  There was a line in the second volume that brought that point home; "If the devil created Texas, as some think he did, this is where he rested on the seventh day."  The writer may be Irish, but he knows how other Americans feel about Texas...at least the ones on the internet. :D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 04:50:50 PM by Desert Walker » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 900 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: