Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 12:12:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329899 Posts in 13521 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 619 620 [621] 622 623 ... 877 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 668429 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9300 on: April 17, 2013, 02:24:35 PM »

Real men just hack off the limb, Agent D.
Dude, if I lose an arm or my eyesight, I'm killing myself. I refuse to live without the ability to use both hands or see what I'm doing.

So you 'dual wield' it, huh?

Need both hands to grasp a shovel properly.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9301 on: April 17, 2013, 03:26:51 PM »

PAX Prime registration went live today, four day passes sold out immediately.  Day passes are still available...maybe...thing is I've been sitting in the queue to buy for over half an hour with no progress...

This gets worse every year.  They really need a better system.  This may be the first time I end up not attending PAX since they were still over in Bellevue (i.e., when it was a much smaller event...).

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9302 on: April 17, 2013, 03:27:36 PM »

Dude, if I lose an arm or my eyesight, I'm killing myself. I refuse to live without the ability to use both hands or see what I'm doing.

Man, I remember the good ol' days when I could dual wield.... then I broke my sword :(

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9303 on: April 17, 2013, 03:40:06 PM »

Man, I remember the good ol' days when I could dual wield.... then I broke my sword :(

You had two penises?  That's nuts!
yes, i get the joke.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9304 on: April 17, 2013, 05:19:44 PM »

I don't know about you other guys, but it takes 2 hands to wield a greatsword or greataxe properly. Don't mean a thing if you can't see where you swing, though.

Omw to the city for a take-down. I get paid 5 hours to work for maybe 3, and get 30 bucks an hour to do it. I am quite pleased with this, but my stomach's bugging me...manual labor+queasy gut=general discomfort.

TASTY!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9305 on: April 17, 2013, 05:34:59 PM »

PAX Prime registration went live today, four day passes sold out immediately.  Day passes are still available...maybe...thing is I've been sitting in the queue to buy for over half an hour with no progress...

This gets worse every year.  They really need a better system.  This may be the first time I end up not attending PAX since they were still over in Bellevue (i.e., when it was a much smaller event...).

And after two and a half hours of waiting in the goddamn queue (without any estimate of how long the queue is so you're afraid to leave your computer or do anything too involving in case you miss it...) I finally got through.  Saturday badges were sold out so I got Friday Sunday Monday...weird combo, I know, but I'm local so it's easier to work around that.  Maybe I'll go to Bumbershoot on Saturday...

This whole process leaves me frustrated and confused.  There has got to be a better way to handle this.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9306 on: April 17, 2013, 07:42:12 PM »

Am I allowed to be against circumcision without everyone thinking I'm a Men's Right Activist?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 10:55:30 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9307 on: April 17, 2013, 11:52:32 PM »

I'm going to teach a class on drinking today. I really should have done it ages ago as that's all half the students talk about.

Might as well pander to them a little.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9308 on: April 19, 2013, 02:12:23 AM »

New workout partner, this guy's 40 years old and puts up as much weight as I do. We did shoulders today, and he had me do his routine instead of my usual 5 exercises at 5 sets each. We did 6 exercises, 3 sets each for shoulders, and 4 exercises at 4 sets each for triceps. This....was a bit of a stretch for me as I don't do that much yet. Furthering his attempt to kill me, we started with military presses at 200lbs on a smith machine...I have never even tried pressing 200lbs yet, and he wanted to start on it. However, I also never tried working out with someone on my level, so this was giving me some motivation to try harder. I managed to keep up with him almost the whole way, though he did throttle back his weights on some exercises so I could stay on par with him. Tricep stuff was cake, I have some monster triceps now. Today, we're gonna hit up chest, and he already said the aim is 315....I'm almost excited.

Today's gonna be a good day.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9309 on: April 19, 2013, 12:12:15 PM »

off friday, sat, sunday.

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9310 on: April 20, 2013, 05:02:41 PM »

off today, work next six in a row, then off two, so I have that going for me, lol

Everything's Eventual
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9311 on: April 20, 2013, 06:49:12 PM »

Workout partner didn't show yesterday, and I paid for it when I asked a buddy to spot me. I went for the 315 without my motivational support (jealous rivalry, whatever you prefer), and had another friend of mine spot me, but he was specifically told not to pick up the weight unless I asked or he saw that the weight was in fact not able to go up with my own power. I got the barbell off the rack without much effort (that alone is pretty impressive), and brought it down to where my elbows formed 90 angles straight up rather than all the way down to my chest. I started to push it back up slowly, as this was 315 pounds and not easy by any means, and my spotting buddy immediately pulled it up, ruining the lift. I said duuuude, I had control of it...he was a little sadfaced that I scolded him. I understand he's just trying to keep me alive, but the amount of concentration and focus I had built up to do that was completely blown. I take a second attempt at it, and now somewhat fatgiued from first try, and mentally throw off, I feel less capable and it takes longer to start pushing it up again. This time my friend doesn't pull up so quickly, just enough to get my elbows started again as he said, but it still wasn't a full lift.

Yesterday was incredibly disappointing.

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9312 on: April 21, 2013, 01:33:06 AM »

this gabberchiptunes o captain?

12 PM. Just woke up.

1. Want to get a 3DS and Soul Hackers, but a combination of backlog + complete dearth of any other games I would want for the 3DS makes it harder to justify.
2. I need to eat at some point, but North Star is going to be too crowded to even bother with, McDonalds quit serving breakfast at 11, and I go to Panera every day anyway.
3. Not even 50 degrees outside yet.

I hate the week 'cause I'm at work all the damn time. I hate the weekends because I have nothing to fill my time with besides eating and rampant consumerism.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 12:23:13 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9313 on: April 21, 2013, 11:16:02 AM »

Anyone here have the Nexus 10 tablet?

Happy with it?
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9314 on: April 21, 2013, 12:36:03 PM »

this gabberchiptunes o captain?

12 PM. Just woke up.

1. Want to get a 3DS and Soul Hackers, but a combination of backlog + complete dearth of any other games I would want for the 3DS makes it harder to justify.

Out of curiosity, are you interested in Bravely Default? Not that I expect every 3DS fan of RPGs to want it, but just interested to see what you thought about it.
Pages: 1 ... 619 620 [621] 622 623 ... 877 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: