Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 09:31:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327141 Posts in 13390 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 868 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 636140 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9375 on: May 01, 2013, 04:37:34 PM »

Apparently despite having memorial day off for the last 2+ years, we now have to work that day.  Also, 4th of July might be gone too.

Fucking pissed.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9376 on: May 01, 2013, 05:18:31 PM »

Hey guys thanks for caring enough to inquire about my injury! I feel loved :)

Anyhow, here is the grim tale of woe...

It all started a few months ago when I slipped on some ice and whacked my tailbone on concrete steps. It hurt. It hurt bad... But I dealt with it. Just kept on doing my thing (in pain) as though nothing happened. Now mind you "my thing" is distance running. Typically between 8-12 miles or better each day.

Well, I kept running. Pain seemed to subside briefly and then I developed what I thought to be a muscle strain in the back of my leg.

New pain.... a wee bit worse than the tailbone... ignored it, kept running.

Pain migrated and seemed to be effecting my hip and ability to walk... Again, new pain... kept running still... figured I just kept sustaining new injuries trying to compensate for others.

Finally a few weeks ago, the pain got extreme. I went running anyhow and suddenly had the intuition "uh-oh I can't move..." so I stopped..... I stayed stopped. I can't explain it, I just knew I couldn't take another step. Finally the realization that I had to eventually move set in. So I took one step and WOOOOOOOHH!!! it felt like electricity was being shot through my body (in other words, mega intense pain the likes of which I cannot even describe) and down I fell. I was stuck laying on the side of the road for awhile when finally someone saw me and stopped. They picked me up, hoisted me in there vehicle and off to the hospital I went.

Apparently I damaged my lower lumbar somewhere months ago when I fell on the steps (the extent of the damage is not yet known) and it just finally now became aggrivated enough to literally cripple me. Until more thorough scans and testing is done I won't know much else really. It is such an odd experience though... I mean there are times when there is no pain at all yet I simply cannot get my right leg to do what I tell it to. It just simply "won't" work right... Then there are other times when pain does not even begin to describe the discomfort. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what makes it better or worse.

Next week I have appointments to find out more and (hopefully) begin some type of treatment/rehabilitation.

And as an aside, here is how screwed up I am... I still am hopping with my cane the same distances I used to run EVERY DAY!! (helps keep me sane)- LoL. Yes yes... I may be a compulsive and foolish little man but at least I am aware of it and have come to terms with the fact...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9377 on: May 01, 2013, 05:38:39 PM »

Klyde needs a couch so comfy, he can't get up from it.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9378 on: May 01, 2013, 07:45:18 PM »

Mondo was a good refreshing drink in my youth

Oh dude remember that drink that was like Mondo but made of jello?

Also remember the bad guy Mondo from Nick Arcade?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9379 on: May 01, 2013, 09:02:10 PM »

That sucks, Klyde.  Back injuries are the worst.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9380 on: May 01, 2013, 09:21:46 PM »

Two words...
Fucking ouch.

TASTY!
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9381 on: May 01, 2013, 09:25:33 PM »

I decided recently to try and get back into shape. When I was in the Air Force I could jog 2 miles without even really breathing too hard. Now, I have never really been in AMAZING shape, but I was definitely better off at that point in my life.

I ran two miles today and felt it. It was a light jog at a 10% incline. I am tired as hell and my chest was burning by the end. It felt good to make it, but I intend to run/jog/walk at least 2 miles each day until it is no longer hell to do so and then I will increase the distance or speed or both.

Oh, and if anyone has any ideas for food to eat, meals, tips, thoughts? Neal, I am looking at you, bro.

edit 2: Anything but poultry since recently that is what I found out I am allergic to. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:34:32 PM by Daggerstrike » Logged

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9382 on: May 01, 2013, 09:50:01 PM »

Dagger:

I'm rather fond of coconut water and sugar-free/low cal varieties of Vitamin Water and Gatorade. I try to look for stuff that's high in potassium, magnesium, and other electrolytes, especially when I'm going out for a 20~ mile walk. It helps keep your muscles from goin' all zonkers.

If you're not about to exercise, water and tea are good choices. Tea's a really bad choice if you're about to go into heavy physical activity though cause the tannins'll make you barfy if it's not diluted enough. Especially if you're drinking it on an empty stomach or if it's really hot outside.

... Also eat a lot of fruit. I mean like, normal fruit, like bananas and apples.

Whole grains are good too. Emphasis on the whole. Get brown rice when ya at Chipotle, yo.

--- edit ---

Ordered a copy of XTC - Mummer on eBay. Time to go clean out my mailbox and pray.

--- edit2 ---

There's nothing preventing me from buying MP3 albums, or just pirating old PSX games, or whatever. I didn't really NEED to import a copy of Dawn of Ys to play it. I can easily get eBooks instead of those 70s/80s editions of the various Samuel R. Delany books I've dug up recently.

Part of me thinks I'm getting materialistic. But... I don't place undue WORTH on the physical artifacts. I like owning them compared to the pure data side of things. Text is text no matter what the format, but I like the book itself.

Artifacts feel more real to me.

(Also I usually prefer buying stuff in stores except I think Mummer's out of print and never got a US release anyway so kekekekeke).
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 12:24:07 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9383 on: May 01, 2013, 10:30:07 PM »

So I did some lifting today, shoulder stuff. I haven't eaten today, and I only got 4 hours of sleep and had taken down a show prior to my gym visit. I was fairly beat by the time I got to the gym, and I feel my performance suffered for it. Only pressed 75lb dumbells, which isn't terrible but not my best by a longshot. Also fudged upright rows entirely, only doing 2 sets and the second set at 155 lbs and only 6 reps. My machine raises weren't terrible, forward and reverse at 30lbs for 2 sets and 40lbs 2 sets. Ended on shrugs, which I was really upset by. 270 lbs, followed by 330, then 385. Each set was ridiculously hard for no reason, it really saddened me. I finally tried for 405, which took everything I had to pick up...I could usually lift it with some effort on a regular day. The only real shiner for the trip was the 6.2 mile bike run I pulled off. 22 minutes, 250+ calories burned, and I wasn't even that winded. So now I gotta keep doing that I guess.

Hoping to go check out Iron Man 3 tomorrow night, but it seems unlikely. I look forward to it, even though I read the plot online (non-spoilers, extra scene at the end sounds funny).

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9384 on: May 02, 2013, 12:52:22 PM »

TMI warning?

Man, beautiful weather.  I hate being a girly-girl in that I gotta shave the armpits after every few days.  Of course, I love the look and the feeling, but I hate just doing it all the time.  If I get rich enough, I think I'll just laser that shit off.  No one likes it, it looks bad, and good riddance~!! x)

Love this weather, good jogging weather since it isn't blisteringly hot.  Most days otherwise I join my poor black poochy (who similarly hates the sun but for more obvious reasons like her black fur coat) and just jog/walk on summer nights.

Does anyone have good tips for how to last a while on a run?  I have the vitality of a sloth.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9385 on: May 02, 2013, 07:14:27 PM »

Desire, determination, and comfy footwear.

Bear in mind I do not run, but I use a similar logic for when I bike at the gym.

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9386 on: May 02, 2013, 08:03:42 PM »

I don't have a car so it's just like

HM I SURE WANT WAFFLES FROM THAT PLACE TWO TOWNS OVER BETTER GET WALKING.

Waffles are one hell of a motivator.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9387 on: May 02, 2013, 10:17:38 PM »

Does anyone have good tips for how to last a while on a run?  I have the vitality of a sloth.

Run more previously

It was in the 80s yesterday. Today... 40s.

FUCK
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9388 on: May 03, 2013, 03:22:59 PM »

I agree, screw all this variation in weather.  I wonder if it's messing with Grim's garden

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9389 on: May 03, 2013, 03:28:03 PM »

I agree, screw all this variation in weather.  I wonder if it's messing with Grim's garden

I haven't seen him for a couple days, I can only assume he is out in the garden as we speak giving a moving motivational speech to the hydrangeas.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 868 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: