Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 03:02:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327632 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 870 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 643544 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9390 on: May 03, 2013, 04:01:26 PM »

It was in the 80s yesterday. Today... 40s.

I agree, screw all this variation in weather.  I wonder if it's messing with Grim's garden

I haven't seen him for a couple days, I can only assume he is out in the garden as we speak giving a moving motivational speech to the hydrangeas.
I feel so darn special here. I haven't been around much due to being crazy busy. Work, home, garden, everything. Spring will do that.
My garden is just dandy, thank you. It only gets harmed if we get a hard frost right after the tender new leaves emerge, which we haven't. And even then, most plants have enough reserve "food" to push out a second batch if need be. No worries!
Nan's birthday is tomorrow. Every year I get screwed(Leave the gutter, please) due to proximity of her birthday to Mothers day. I end up buying a batch of gifts, then deciding which goes with which. Then I have to come up with some special breakfast that Benjamin and I will make for her on Mom's Day. I rocked it last year with this awesome Chocolate Cherry Coffeecake. Not sure how I'll top it. The stress! It burns!

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9391 on: May 03, 2013, 05:40:50 PM »

I chaperoned an overnight camping trip with a bunch of my students this week, and was introduced to Ga-Ga (or Gaga Ball).  I think I spent most of yesterday and most of today playing it with the students.  Some of them are pretty cutthroat, and it's great fun!  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ga-ga

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9392 on: May 04, 2013, 02:10:17 PM »

My parents got back from a week long vacation, had been back ten minutes and my mother managed to trip over the suitcase she had put down and break her arm.

Luckily it wasn't while they were in the States. They don't need those sort of hospital bills.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9393 on: May 04, 2013, 02:31:08 PM »

Amazing way to start a vacation. Is she alright, Lard?

TASTY!
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9394 on: May 04, 2013, 07:45:29 PM »

Do sprints. Sprints build up your cardiovascular endurance much more effectively than jogging, and you don't have to wear your joints out sprinting. Last year I was running a few miles everyday, but my right knee started feeling painful after all of that running. I had never been a jogger previously and I know why, because it isn't worth it.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9395 on: May 04, 2013, 07:52:27 PM »

The kindle paperwhite is a fantastic gadget.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9396 on: May 04, 2013, 09:28:59 PM »

Bought a new car. Yay.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9397 on: May 04, 2013, 11:12:48 PM »

Amazing way to start a vacation. Is she alright, Lard?

Actually it was literally about ten or fifteen minutes after they'd gotten home from it.

Amazing way to end it. I think she's alright, thanks for asking.

The worst part is now she has to eat my dad's cooking.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9398 on: May 05, 2013, 02:02:15 AM »

Do sprints. Sprints build up your cardiovascular endurance much more effectively than jogging, and you don't have to wear your joints out sprinting. Last year I was running a few miles everyday, but my right knee started feeling painful after all of that running. I had never been a jogger previously and I know why, because it isn't worth it.

Interesting.  So short but effective sprints and anything fancy in between?  Short walks, speed walks, lunges?
I hate jogging, so it might be worth doing large bursts than slow endurance tests.

Worked.  Hung out with work fellas. Chilling. Dinky 4 hour shift tomorrow (which, while I need the money...I dunno, I want a break too) :)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9399 on: May 05, 2013, 03:08:26 AM »

Went to gallery hop. Left early so I could get food at a restaurant before they got too crowded.

Food was great. Greek. Anyway. Walked around downtown a bit too 'cause I got there TOO early.

Saw a store in the short north -- a legit store -- selling a large print of... Bugs Bunny spanking Lola. There was visible /lady parts/ so it's like jesus hell why would you have that in a store. And it was RIGHT by the door. There were kids around, bro!

... Also got dehydrated because it was a lot hotter than I thought it'd be. Feeling better now but it was like auwgh shit migraine.

Trying to work on that mspaint pic I was doing. I cannot draw water.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9400 on: May 05, 2013, 11:54:24 AM »

Interesting.  So short but effective sprints and anything fancy in between?  Short walks, speed walks, lunges?
I hate jogging, so it might be worth doing large bursts than slow endurance tests.

Worked.  Hung out with work fellas. Chilling. Dinky 4 hour shift tomorrow (which, while I need the money...I dunno, I want a break too) :)

You can do regular walking and/or riding a bicycle if you want to build up your cardio endurance that way, but doing short sprints (say 50 yards or so) and walking back to recover works just fine. Do that 10 times to start out for a week or two, then bump it up to 15 times, and then try increasing the distance. You'll be done in 10 minutes as opposed to an hour of jogging and you will have done more work than jogging.

Besides, sprinting strengthens and builds your muscles. Jogging just ends up making you look like a Kenyan.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9401 on: May 06, 2013, 02:31:09 AM »

I guess the upside to all of my dogs being dead is that I don't have to worry about them dying anymore.

I guess the upside of Adam Yauch being dead is NOTHING.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9402 on: May 06, 2013, 01:52:52 PM »

I have fallen into the trap that all university students dread: no experience >>> can't get a job because of no experience >>> etc. etc.

I've tried applying for so many internships this semester and got rejected by all of them. Not really looking forward to job hunting in the fall (since I graduate in December).
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9403 on: May 06, 2013, 04:34:54 PM »

I had a CD in college that I'd like to listen to now but I can't find it.  It should have been with the others but I can't find it anywhere.  I suppose I haven't seen it for awhile.  Maybe I gave it to a friend?  All of these things - I don't know.

I have fallen into the trap that all university students dread: no experience >>> can't get a job because of no experience >>> etc. etc.

I've tried applying for so many internships this semester and got rejected by all of them. Not really looking forward to job hunting in the fall (since I graduate in December).

Yeah internships suck.  I don't know how the hell anyone finds one of those.  We found a bunch at various job shows but I remember asking around in my class and no one even got an initial call of interest or know of anyone who did. 

One of my highschool friends did get a call from an oil company in Texas in need of people.  I can't remember exactly how much they were paying, but it was somewhere around 22-25 dollars per hour (Yes, for an internship).  Crazy.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9404 on: May 06, 2013, 04:45:20 PM »

I think some of my depression in life is now affecting my gym performance. Yesterday, I tried 315 on the bench, even though I didn't really feel it. Sure enough, I got it off the bar, down to about 4 inches above my chest, and almsot spazzed as my right arm couldn't hold the weight. Luckily I got it off to the bottom rack of the bench, circumventing a decapitation. I was not pleased at all, and the rest of the workout suffered further... everything was lower numbers, less reps, and it upset me. I pushed twice as hard as I normally would just to get through my workout, and all I could think was I am a loser.

D is not pleased.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 870 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: