Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 03:59:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319774 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 838 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 595938 times)
Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9405 on: May 06, 2013, 06:32:39 PM »

Sorry to hear D, but look at it this way: I probably can't even bench 100...
So for me, and probably a few others here, you're pretty damn amazing already with the effort you're putting in your training.

In other news, my manhood increased by reading this Youtube comment:
o______________o
you are my god.
my Star Ocean boss-defeating god.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 07:13:03 PM by Annubis » Logged
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9406 on: May 06, 2013, 07:42:48 PM »

I had a CD in college that I'd like to listen to now but I can't find it.  It should have been with the others but I can't find it anywhere.  I suppose I haven't seen it for awhile.  Maybe I gave it to a friend?  All of these things - I don't know.

I have fallen into the trap that all university students dread: no experience >>> can't get a job because of no experience >>> etc. etc.

I've tried applying for so many internships this semester and got rejected by all of them. Not really looking forward to job hunting in the fall (since I graduate in December).

Yeah internships suck.  I don't know how the hell anyone finds one of those.  We found a bunch at various job shows but I remember asking around in my class and no one even got an initial call of interest or know of anyone who did.  

One of my highschool friends did get a call from an oil company in Texas in need of people.  I can't remember exactly how much they were paying, but it was somewhere around 22-25 dollars per hour (Yes, for an internship).  Crazy.

I got my job from a job fair, but that was, as far as I know, because the company in question was desperate.

My office is creeping me the fuck out right now, though. They found some dead guy in a paintball park not TOO far away from it, and I guess there are a lot of mysterious disappearances there.

And since it's spring, there's like geese and rabbit parts all over the place. Although this is true for the entire metropolitan area.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0131/3352/files/corn_field_statues_large.JPG?4203 and this thing's nearby, as well.

In general I just want to lock myself away from society for awhile. Half the test team is taking vacation over labor day though so I can't get that week off. Urgh.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 08:55:19 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9407 on: May 06, 2013, 11:40:40 PM »

I think some of my depression in life is now affecting my gym performance. Yesterday, I tried 315 on the bench, even though I didn't really feel it. Sure enough, I got it off the bar, down to about 4 inches above my chest, and almsot spazzed as my right arm couldn't hold the weight. Luckily I got it off to the bottom rack of the bench, circumventing a decapitation. I was not pleased at all, and the rest of the workout suffered further... everything was lower numbers, less reps, and it upset me. I pushed twice as hard as I normally would just to get through my workout, and all I could think was I am a loser.

D is not pleased.

What the hell is your problem?

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9408 on: May 07, 2013, 12:22:18 AM »

I had a CD in college that I'd like to listen to now but I can't find it.  It should have been with the others but I can't find it anywhere.  I suppose I haven't seen it for awhile.  Maybe I gave it to a friend?  All of these things - I don't know.

I have fallen into the trap that all university students dread: no experience >>> can't get a job because of no experience >>> etc. etc.

I've tried applying for so many internships this semester and got rejected by all of them. Not really looking forward to job hunting in the fall (since I graduate in December).

Yeah internships suck.  I don't know how the hell anyone finds one of those.  We found a bunch at various job shows but I remember asking around in my class and no one even got an initial call of interest or know of anyone who did. 

One of my highschool friends did get a call from an oil company in Texas in need of people.  I can't remember exactly how much they were paying, but it was somewhere around 22-25 dollars per hour (Yes, for an internship).  Crazy.

Back in March I had a couple of interviews with an insurance company, but I had to turn it down. They wanted me to do a project (interview 15 people, do three in-depth interviews), but no one I know needs insurance nor can afford it (I live in the Ohio, so most people I know have union jobs, thus not needing insurance. Most of my friends make minimum wage, so they can't afford any insurance). I tried applying for financial analyst internships, but I had no luck with those.

I'm hoping searching for a job will be somewhat easier. On job search sites, there are 20+x more job postings than internships, so that's always a start. Plus, I'm a finance major, so it's not like I majored in Philosophy and plan on being a manager at McDonald's after I graduate.

There's always the MBA option, but I would hate to enroll in a MBA program at 23 years old, but I may have no choice.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9409 on: May 07, 2013, 12:25:43 AM »

WTF in Ohio do you live at?

o/` I do not dream o/`

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9410 on: May 07, 2013, 01:09:32 AM »

WTF in Ohio do you live at?

I go to UT.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9411 on: May 07, 2013, 01:23:20 AM »

Columbus is pretty decent for jobs. I went to school at BGSU and there was like nothing in all of northwestern Ohio when I graduated.

o/` I do not dream o/`

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9412 on: May 07, 2013, 01:46:29 AM »

Yeah, there's nothing for my major in Toledo. However, there's not many companies offering living assistance when it comes to internships, so it wasn't feasible to drive 2-3 hours to Cleveland/Columbus/Cincinnati for $10/hour.

When it comes to finding full-time work, I'll probably end up moving out of state. There's not much in Ohio for finance.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9413 on: May 07, 2013, 04:16:25 AM »

I think some of my depression in life is now affecting my gym performance. Yesterday, I tried 315 on the bench, even though I didn't really feel it. Sure enough, I got it off the bar, down to about 4 inches above my chest, and almsot spazzed as my right arm couldn't hold the weight. Luckily I got it off to the bottom rack of the bench, circumventing a decapitation. I was not pleased at all, and the rest of the workout suffered further... everything was lower numbers, less reps, and it upset me. I pushed twice as hard as I normally would just to get through my workout, and all I could think was I am a loser.

D is not pleased.

What the hell is your problem?
Just remember you asked.

Short version, my dad's slowly dying from literally body failure, and 8 years of working for him has made me sort of....not believe in my own skill set. Work's been tight lately, only small jobs here and there, and a lot of bullshit in between. Money's lacking due to assholes delaying checks. A personal problem that's been on and off for a while has once again struck me and is worse this time than it's been in years and I really don't need to go to a doctor and be told something drastic that's gonna cost money or worse keep me on the injured list for the next few months.

The big kick is my dad's shoulder has been really acting up lately. He got a shot of cortizone the other day with almost no effect, and he's almost constantly in pain. It's really throwing me off my game. I always stay up late to make sure he doesn't need anything, which results in me constantly being cranky from lack of sleep. I also am getting stuck being essentially a housemaid, havinv to clean up after him constantly now, and being nervous when I go out in case he's in need of something or he's slips and gets hurt...I lost my kom a few years back, don't really wanna lose my old man just yet.

It boils down to...
I wanna go off on my own and do my own thing, but am afraid of what's gonna happen to my dad and my sisters, who still rely heavily on "Bank of Daddy" which is funded by my backside.

I wanna stay here still and try to keep daddy dearest comfortable and make his day to day dealings easier, but that results in a literal dead end in however many years he may have left, as I'll be left with whatever debts (monetary and job related) he has left, and nothing to show for it. I'm 27 years old, I should be fucking deciding about starting my own family soon, not playing hospis at home...however it's my dad, my only remaining parent.

Even typing this is depressing the shit out of me, feels like a fucking cow sitting on my chest. I don't even get angry about it anymore, which used to help me deal with the stress of it, now I'm just always upset about it.

TASTY!
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9414 on: May 07, 2013, 08:25:56 AM »

Two things:
- Maybe you should talk to your sisters about this, and
- I don't know where you live, but here, you can refuse an inheritance. Meaning you give up claim to anything and everything (which includes debts). My aunt's husband did that when his mother died because she was crippled by debt.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9415 on: May 07, 2013, 12:12:41 PM »

Well, it's not like I'll inherit his actual monetary debts, I can just tell everyone fuck off on those. I'm referring yo things like our apartment, all his stuff, and any jobs he's got that I would normally just do with him. I can deny them, sure, but then who would wanna hire me again?

I may be over-thinking some of this, but I can't get it off my head. Sucks, really.

TASTY!
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9416 on: May 07, 2013, 09:47:28 PM »

Today was Japanese class #3. Thursday is the exam about Hiragana... we had a whole 13 days to learn all of them by heart.
I'm hoping I have a spur of the moment epiphany in the middle of that test...

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9417 on: May 07, 2013, 10:28:33 PM »

After 7 years I hear back from the chicago fire department. I took their entrance exam all the way back in 2006. They sent me a letter last week and it looks promising!

Well, it's not like I'll inherit his actual monetary debts, I can just tell everyone fuck off on those. I'm referring yo things like our apartment, all his stuff, and any jobs he's got that I would normally just do with him. I can deny them, sure, but then who would wanna hire me again?

I may be over-thinking some of this, but I can't get it off my head. Sucks, really.

You seem like a solid guy. Good on you for sticking by your family.

I was purely jabbing at the fact that you were upset about not being able to put up 315 lbs. Unless you work out at some ubergym I'm guessing you're one of the strongest guys in there. If I can give some advice, don't neglect your core. A weak core can limit your progress if you plateau.
http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/core-workout-4?fullpage=true

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9418 on: May 07, 2013, 10:30:55 PM »

Work is seriously taking up too much of my time. But a few more weeks and I should be able to cut back a few hours.

Everything's Eventual
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9419 on: May 07, 2013, 11:56:11 PM »

Today was Japanese class #3. Thursday is the exam about Hiragana... we had a whole 13 days to learn all of them by heart.
I'm hoping I have a spur of the moment epiphany in the middle of that test...

If I had known earlier that you were taking Japanese classes, I would have recommended you this book. I spent an hour learning hiragana and another learning katakana with this book.
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 838 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: