Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 08:36:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327577 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 870 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 643202 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9420 on: May 08, 2013, 12:09:59 AM »

Drove 5 hours today just to inspect and tag 11 trees. At least it was a nice, country road drive with awesome weather.

D, I'll bet everyone here can relate in some fashion to your problems. I know I can. Honestly, it's not the money stuff, but the family stuff for sure. Both my parents are gone, sadly, but my brothers and I are still trying to work through everything since my Dad died a year and a half ago. Let's just say that my youngest brother is a bit of a deadbeat and has been causing the family much trouble for years. He's majorly depressed, has no job, and lives in my Dads old house that he doesn't pay for. I'm actually scared that he'll either commit suicide, or get drunk as hell and do something horrible. No lie.
I have my own plethora of health problems, including mild depression and anxiety. I have to keep busy or I find myself thinking too much, and spiraling down. I don't know why I'm saying this, as I really haven't talked to anyone, including my wife, about it. Scary stuff.
My gardening, and love of nature, keeps me sane. Not my wife. Not my son. I love both of them very much, but they mostly just add to the stress.
Why did I type all this out? To show some solidarity, I think. To say I understand. I agree withYodes that you seem to be a stand up guy, and find your helping your Dad admirable.
I guess I would suggest you find your "escape". The water basin in the middle of the desert. Is it the lifting? Is it your work? Doesn't really sound like it. Heck, maybe it's video games. There has to be something that allows you to override the nasty thoughts. Grow some veggies, man! You'd be surprised how satisfying it is.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9421 on: May 08, 2013, 12:51:20 AM »

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/3841/progressshotmay72013.png

Jesus christ what is wrong with me.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9422 on: May 08, 2013, 12:56:58 AM »

please send me a file of that when it's finished. it's awesome.

I really do dig your style
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9423 on: May 08, 2013, 01:35:56 AM »

I didn't wanna really whine about my predicaments. I just more or less wanted to maybe see my problems written out in front of me. It helps a bit seeing it like that, and as much as I'd like to consider myself a stand up guy, I generally can't help desiring the option to get away from it all. I know it doesn't make me a bad person, but I don't feel better knowing it.

Honestly, getting all that off my chest made me feel somewhat less depressed. I went to the gym today and did a fairly solid workout, back and triceps. Not my best numbers, but good numbers and a good rythym, very little downtime between sets and exercises. Followed up with Iron Man 3, which was a great movie. Today was a nice day all in all.

TASTY!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9424 on: May 08, 2013, 09:09:57 AM »

You hear all the time that it is therapeutic to simply write things down. Even if only for yourself. Then you can stash it somewhere, rip it up, burn it up, eat it with some BBQ sauce, or whatever. Cathartic.
I make lists. Work, family, home, garden. All sorts. I find it to be satisfying to look at my list, and cross things off, or at least say that I've done something about whatever is on it. Keeps me moving along. Just having things roll around in my head hinders progress.

Awesome drawing, Mesh.

Supposed to be 79 and sunny today. Beautiful. Better enjoy it, because rain and colder temps are moving in tomorrow.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9425 on: May 08, 2013, 11:32:56 PM »

Mesh is an amazing artist for sure.  I admire the approach t use MS Paint too. :O

Fuck fuck fuck.
I'm walking around like a cripple.  I have an -- I think -- in-grown toenail, it hurts so goddamn much.  It's sensitive x1,000, literally, light touches cause *a lot* of pressure.  I've clearly taken for granted how wonderful toes are and how, usually, insensitive it is to touch.  Literally, grazing it against something sucks.  I self damaged it a bit more I think wondering with the fuck it was, and since it looked bruised, letting out some blood.

After this whole phase is over, I promise to wake up with a smile on my face (by the way, blankets are too heavy for the damn foot) and bid a good morning to the rising sun and a fair good morning to my toesies as well. D:

I was hoping to do some hanky-panky tonight too. :(
I'm pretty sure any touch of the toe would have drained any "sexy feelings" after I yell "watch it, goddamit!!!!"

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9426 on: May 09, 2013, 12:10:46 AM »

Last time I had an almost ingrown toenail, I actually slit the skin above the nail where it was starting to grow into and clipped the whole nail. Ended up trimming it like every 3 days just to be safe. Thankfully I have earned my flintstone feet from having very thick skinned feet, and having stubbed my toes so often and run so many roadcases over them that it takes nothing short of a car running over my foot to really hurt it. Although, I did run a 900lb roadcase full of pipes over my foot a month ago which hurt like a bitch. My white sock was a lovely shade of red when I got home from work that night, lol.

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9427 on: May 09, 2013, 12:15:00 AM »

I have to keep busy or I find myself thinking too much, and spiraling down. I don't know why I'm saying this, as I really haven't talked to anyone, including my wife, about it. Scary stuff.

This is why I wasn't really sleeping much during 2009. Night time's the right time for lying in bed as your mental censors shut down and there's no sieve between you and the wall of things you don't want to/really shouldn't address.

And it's not always something you can talk about with people close to you because it's not necessarily the kind of 'depression' you can treat with drugs. Not necessarily something chemical in your mind, but just the realization of whatever it is you're staring into...

Meanwhile I'm acting like a psychotic asshole in some chatroom and debating about topics that I don't really care about at all, just because... I don't know why. I see what I'm going to say before I say it and I'm very aware it's not furthering??????

Meanwhile I haven't had caffeine in a few hours so I'm actually sober from my baseline caffeinism and it sucks

Meanwhile I think I'm actually bald and it's just completely covered up by how long my hair is. I don't know. Maybe I've had a persistent scalp infection since 2006.

Meanwhile I'm wondering if there's some FAQ on being an adult because 25 doesn't feel appreciably different from 15 except now I have enough money to be a massive consumer whore, although I guess that's pretty much the American dream.

Meanwhile I feel like I'm really losing faith in gaming as an artform.

Meanwhile I think my headphones are tight enough to have deformed my glasses.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9428 on: May 09, 2013, 12:15:11 AM »

I had one when I lived in the dorms. I got drunk, put my toe on ice to numb it, pulled out the switchblade and got to hacking like Agent D did. had my foot up in the community sink and sterilized the the wound w/ Everclear.

blood everywhere but it did the trick!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9429 on: May 09, 2013, 12:21:36 AM »

I had one when I lived in the dorms. I got drunk, put my toe on ice to numb it, pulled out the switchblade and got to hacking like Agent D did. had my foot up in the community sink and sterilized the the wound w/ Everclear.

blood everywhere but it did the trick!

I think you and I have similar methods for going about personal problems like that.
I'm honestly three beers, ice packets, and a fucking potato peeler away from just saying "fuck it" and getting it done....

...*sigh* so there's no elegant method to this, is there?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9430 on: May 09, 2013, 12:30:04 AM »

It's not going to get better by ignoring it.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9431 on: May 09, 2013, 12:41:34 AM »

...I forgot the getting drunk part. That's probably why it hurt so much.

TASTY!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9432 on: May 09, 2013, 05:18:47 AM »

It's not going to get better by ignoring it.

If that feels anything like that looks, I'm sorry Dice.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9433 on: May 09, 2013, 08:38:08 AM »

I had an ingrown toe nail, but I went to the doctor to get it removed like a normal person.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9434 on: May 09, 2013, 09:19:39 AM »

I've had an in-grown toenail three times on the same toe, and had it removed by a doctor all three times. The needle they use to apply whatever numbing agent they have on hand is TERRIBLE. They poke you on one side and, be it caused by the needle or the stuff inside, it feels like it's poking all the way through to the other side. Sometimes I imagine that sensation is worse than any pain the procedure would otherwise cause. I told my doctor that if it happens again I'm requesting he just remove the whole toenail.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 870 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: