Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 10:42:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327325 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 869 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 639042 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9435 on: May 09, 2013, 09:26:58 AM »

I've had an in-grown toenail three times on the same toe, and had it removed by a doctor all three times. The needle they use to apply whatever numbing agent they have on hand is TERRIBLE. They poke you on one side and, be it caused by the needle or the stuff inside, it feels like it's poking all the way through to the other side. Sometimes I imagine that sensation is worse than any pain the procedure would otherwise cause. I told my doctor that if it happens again I'm requesting he just remove the whole toenail.

T____T

I feel that way about my baby toe.  Fucker is just dangling there, usually sore because I guess my foot is one baby toe too wide or something.  I think a missing toe might fuck with your balance though.  But man... having it three times can't be fun....I'm hating it enough the first time.  My dad was also trying to pass it off like nothing -- I almost sucker punched him.

And yeah Star.  I'm gonna try to get in with a doctor.  Canada sucks blowjobs for it though; free healthcare but everyone takes advantage of it... sometimes you're ill and the doctor can't see you till a few days later or the next week....when you're already over said illness or flat-out dead.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9436 on: May 09, 2013, 11:53:29 AM »

Someone at work found a box of PS1 RPGs. He doesn't play RPGs. He is selling me said box for $40. It has Valkyrie Profile, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Lunar Silver Star Story complete, and Legend of Dragoon. Also a few FF games. Super excited.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9437 on: May 09, 2013, 03:24:54 PM »

Someone at work found a box of PS1 RPGs. He doesn't play RPGs. He is selling me said box for $40. It has Valkyrie Profile, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Lunar Silver Star Story complete, and Legend of Dragoon. Also a few FF games. Super excited.
Lucky SOB.

TASTY!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9438 on: May 09, 2013, 04:14:33 PM »

sometimes you're ill and the doctor can't see you till a few days later or the next week....when you're already over said illness or flat-out dead.

Doesn't sound that different than here in the US, really. 

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9439 on: May 09, 2013, 08:02:51 PM »

I had one when I lived in the dorms. I got drunk, put my toe on ice to numb it, pulled out the switchblade and got to hacking like Agent D did. had my foot up in the community sink and sterilized the the wound w/ Everclear.

blood everywhere but it did the trick!

There's always that one guy in college that just bleeds all over the place.

Sort of like how there's always that one friend you had in highschool and nobody could tell if he was black or white.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9440 on: May 10, 2013, 12:00:49 AM »

The class was told to orchestrate Satie's "La Balancoire" for percussion ensemble.

This is the original
My orchestration

Sorry for turning your piano music into Mysterious/Killer music Satie!

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9441 on: May 10, 2013, 12:04:49 AM »

Really wanted to punch a patron today. First time I've ever been truly pissed at a patron. For those of you who don't know, I work in a library as a paraprofessional, doing a lot of the same stuff librarians do, but with a few key differences. Anyway, one of the dudes at the computer lab was being rude to a 14 year old kid because the way the kid was moving around in his seat made the chair squeak. I was behind the reference desk just 6-7ish feet away from the kid, and it was not close to being loud enough to warrant being considered a nuisance. The kid wasn't doing it to be annoying, he was just adjusting the way he was sitting for comfort. However, the guy next to him pretty much berated the poor kid for it, and the guy to the other side of the kid started to fucking laugh. He was laughing at a 14 year old kid being scolded by some random guy over stupid shit. I wanted to deck both of them. Seriously, I understand teenagers can do annoying stuff just to be annoying, but this kid was harming nobody and was minding his own business. Of course, I can't say shit unless the kid tells me he is being harassed, otherwise it is out of the staff's hands. The worse part is that the guy who scolded the kid is actually a nuisance and does annoying shit all the time. Real fucking manly to pick on a 14 year old kid and laugh at him.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9442 on: May 10, 2013, 12:31:43 AM »

Really wanted to punch a patron today. First time I've ever been truly pissed at a patron. For those of you who don't know, I work in a library as a paraprofessional, doing a lot of the same stuff librarians do, but with a few key differences. Anyway, one of the dudes at the computer lab was being rude to a 14 year old kid because the way the kid was moving around in his seat made the chair squeak. I was behind the reference desk just 6-7ish feet away from the kid, and it was not close to being loud enough to warrant being considered a nuisance. The kid wasn't doing it to be annoying, he was just adjusting the way he was sitting for comfort. However, the guy next to him pretty much berated the poor kid for it, and the guy to the other side of the kid started to fucking laugh. He was laughing at a 14 year old kid being scolded by some random guy over stupid shit. I wanted to deck both of them. Seriously, I understand teenagers can do annoying stuff just to be annoying, but this kid was harming nobody and was minding his own business. Of course, I can't say shit unless the kid tells me he is being harassed, otherwise it is out of the staff's hands. The worse part is that the guy who scolded the kid is actually a nuisance and does annoying shit all the time. Real fucking manly to pick on a 14 year old kid and laugh at him.

My fiance is under that same bind of not being able to do anything at her job unless her staff directly talks to her about an issue they are having with other people/patrons. I'm curious as if you are able to shape the situation to fit the need of your profession and involvement with patrons. Would you be able to intervene if your defense was you were simply assisting two patrons with an issue of a broken/squeaky chair?

What exact rules of the library prevented your intervention?

my apologies if it sounds bold to ask, but I'm always concerned with the well being of my customers against other customers (I work in retail) and I generally have to shape the situation so that it goes along the company's code of conduct.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9443 on: May 10, 2013, 06:08:04 AM »

I've had an in-grown toenail three times on the same toe, and had it removed by a doctor all three times. The needle they use to apply whatever numbing agent they have on hand is TERRIBLE. They poke you on one side and, be it caused by the needle or the stuff inside, it feels like it's poking all the way through to the other side. Sometimes I imagine that sensation is worse than any pain the procedure would otherwise cause. I told my doctor that if it happens again I'm requesting he just remove the whole toenail.

I had a big problem with ingrown toenails a few years ago, every time it happened I got a knife and carefully pried the tip out, after which I would pull it out by hand. Eventually I got really tired of doing it so often (more than the pain, it took a lot of time to remove it myself like that), so I went to the doctor and she basically used acid to burn the nail's root at the very edge. It was not a pleasant experience even with local anesthesia.

I have a really bad habit of biting/plucking my fingernails. I don't even notice myself doing it anymore. My left ring finger has been the worst casualty.

(This is actually my finger)

In case you can't see it:

Should totally man up Dice
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9444 on: May 10, 2013, 09:33:31 AM »

My fiance is under that same bind of not being able to do anything at her job unless her staff directly talks to her about an issue they are having with other people/patrons. I'm curious as if you are able to shape the situation to fit the need of your profession and involvement with patrons. Would you be able to intervene if your defense was you were simply assisting two patrons with an issue of a broken/squeaky chair?

What exact rules of the library prevented your intervention?

my apologies if it sounds bold to ask, but I'm always concerned with the well being of my customers against other customers (I work in retail) and I generally have to shape the situation so that it goes along the company's code of conduct.

I never bothered. I always said "Fuck the rules" if someone was being treated unfairly by another person in my presence. I always did what was right, consequences be damned. I am Batman.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9445 on: May 10, 2013, 01:36:47 PM »

I got reprimanded once for threatening a customer while working at radioshack. It was after work, and I was off the clock, but I did it right in front of the store and was still wearing my shitshack shirt. Guy started acting like a dick to one of my coworkers, so I took over the sale for her, and he starts getting loud with me, to which I stay subtle and ask him to calm down, he's swearing in front of children and disrupting other customers. His friend says I can go fuck myself and they both walk outside. My shift had been done for a few minutes already so I clocked out and walked outside, and sure enough both of them were standing there. So I said (quoted by the way)

"If you ever come inside this store again with that kind of attitude, I will fucking throw you through the window and beat you so bloody that my curb will need a new layer of cement to cover your brainsplatter. Get the fuck away from here right now and NEVER come back, cuz if you do, I'll find out."

So a week later my boss pulls me aside and says "hey (Agent D.) did you threaten a customer last week?". I said no, I threatened a jerkoff outside of the store who had been in there earlier, but I wasn't working at the time. My boss chuckled, but said he had to write me up for poor conduct. I should point out I had a ton of write ups for being a poor salesmen, so I didn't give a shit anyway. I asked if he would have handled it differently, though. He said he couodn't answer that, so I said fine.

Funny story, he did come back, saw me, and booked it as soon as I looked at him.

Quick edit: Yeah the whole point was fuck the stupid rules, you look out for those who can't defend themselves.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 01:38:49 PM by Agent D. » Logged

TASTY!
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9446 on: May 10, 2013, 03:27:32 PM »

Disregarding the rules and taking matters into one's own hands is quite an admirable trait; I only find it is not suitable to take this approach within the workplace (generally the arena I deal with hostile patrons/individuals). Bound by rules, I must act within the standards the retail pharmacy has placed on me and my colleagues--which are many rules--so I am not rewarded for taking any actions like vulgarity (Dropping F bombs directly at customers can get you written up or even fired) or physical threats (D, I wish I could see that jerk's face when he booked it!), even if they produced a desirable outcome.

As disheartening as it is that I am limited from taking drastic measures, it's also rewarding when finding other means to subside two/one hostile individuals/groups and using the same method used on like-events outside the workplace (and it working). Rather than working outside the rules, working within them and weaving methods that are defended by the rules themselves are the best methods on dealing with a situation, so as not to cause any signs of danger to one's financial stability provided by the job or result to methods outside the rules that might tarnish a company's image (As odd as it seems, an employee represents their company regardless of their position). So, rather than feeling chained by the rules, use them to one's advantage when dealing with rude patrons.

I believe it was Stravinsky that said:

"Whatever diminishes constraint diminishes strength. The more constraints one imposes, the more one frees one's self of the chains that shackle the spirit."

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9447 on: May 10, 2013, 04:47:53 PM »

Yeah, as much as I want to sometimes, I don't think I could talk back.  I usually throw logic, rationality, and excessive kindness (because that will frustrate them just as much).

Ingrown Nail Update: I got pills and cream for the swelling, but I got this nasty ass bubble-thing (sorry, yucky, but made of those colours too) forming on top of the problem.  I have a pedometrist appointment on Wednesday at least, but it feels like yeeaars away...  Work is going to be a B-I-T-C-H, especially working retail and on my feet all day.  Fortunately, it's only a four-hour shift, but I just did some errands and it feels like a migrane has attacked my goddamn toe.  Oughta be fun to wear sandals to work tomorrow; but I'm so-so-so scared that it might get stepped on.  I'm staying behind cash and with infected-foot above the console.

I know people get these and they suck, so I hate whining, but I have a lot to do, and I hate the fact I have to wait and deal with it.  It goes against my general way of life; if I have a problem, I fix it immediately.  So that fact that I have to wait till wednesday to get this fixed has me annoyed that I have to "deal with it" till then.  >=/

Making some homemade chicken soup later... chicken ssoup for the soul and all that whatnot.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9448 on: May 10, 2013, 08:13:20 PM »

I almost got fired from my job when I talked back to a customer. I used to work at a pizza parlor, so a customer was calling back saying that we messed up their order. Fine, it happens. However, the customer was yelling at me when I didn't take the original call from him nor made the pizza (I was usually the one who cut the pizza, so all I really had to do was make sure the pizza matched the order ticket.) So then I told him "Hey, stop yelling at me, I didn't take your order earlier." The guy got pissed and asked for a manager and there were a couple of coworkers near the phone who heard me and they started laughing, one of them was a manager. He thought it was funny, but he still had to tell the head manager. The next day I got scolded and thought I was going to get fired.

I was never good with customers and hate the whole notion our country has when it comes to customer being king. Customers are more like hemorrhoids than anything.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9449 on: May 10, 2013, 11:07:05 PM »

I get short with my coworkers sometimes. I feel really bad about it :( I'm trying to do that less/just come off as weird and abrupt but inoffensively so.

My job's just maddeningly Sisyphean !!!

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 869 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: