Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 09:39:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338615 Posts in 13861 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 910 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 744217 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9465 on: May 12, 2013, 11:36:50 PM »

I feel like the whole world's leaving me behind.
all my friends are married with children and dont have time to hang with me anymore. my own relationships dont last more than a few months.
I've tried to make new friends, but it's like I end up just annoying people eventually, they start ignoring me, and then I'm alone again. I really do feel like about five or six years ago everything just froze for me, meanwhile everyone else is going about their lives oblivious. the strange thing is i feel exactly the same abut the video game industry.

Are the things you regret not doing/having things you wanted anyway, though, or are they things you feel like you should want?

Be able to live independently -- if you can do that at least, you're on the right track.

My youngest cousin, who is a few months younger than me, got married in December and she's pregnant. The youngest person at my office who is... about a year younger than me is also married. A number of my friends from college are engaged. And one of my aunts is apparently getting on my case about joining an online dating site (except this is an aunt I never talk to so I just hear this from my mom).

So I mean in one sense, their lives have moved on in that they're starting families, and I'm not. But that's not something I want. Something I'm not sure I ever want.

(Actually the things I really want I can never have. Isn't it funny how that's pretty much always how it works out).

Guess I found out my cousin's having a boy. I have some pamphlets I'd love to throw at her, though I probably won't. Because I'm one of those guys that's always saying what I'm gonna do, but I won't rock the boat, 'cause I'm scared of what might happen.

This is jokes, y'all. This is total jokes.

Everyone picks their own path to preterition, Alicia. I've got mine. I'm sure you'll find yours.

OH that reminds me this is the best knock knock joke.

<You> Knock knock.
<Other person> Who's there?
<You> The pizza guy.
<Other person> But I didn't order any pizza!
<You> * starts taking off your pants *

Another good one is:

<You> Knock knock.
<Other person> Who's there?
<You> * begin smashing strawberries against your face while sobbing *

Although you can combine and truncate them too:

<Other Person> Knock knock.
<You> * start taking off your pants while smashing strawberries against your face and sobbing *

I'm hungry for waffles.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 02:19:41 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9466 on: May 13, 2013, 01:14:51 PM »

Nah, was home already. Regretting going so hard, my elbows, shoulders, and chest all hurt like a bitch.

The pain only means you're getting stronger
No, this pain means I went to hard and probably pulled something. My left shoulder has been sore for 4 days now, and I can't my arms behind my head or backside right now at all. I've gotta put less EVERYTHING into my workouts.

Or you're doing it wrong and ignoring proper technique and progression.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9467 on: May 13, 2013, 01:32:09 PM »

I honestly don't get how most people progress as fast as they do with weights- I hear most people add 5 pounds each workout. I can't even lift the same weight consistently each time.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9468 on: May 13, 2013, 03:46:41 PM »

Office girl at work is pissing me off.  She's waits until the day before she needs healthcare to tell me she wants to sign up for it.  I tell her there's no way I can get her on it that fast or even remotely fast without costing her extra because of how it's billed.  And because I didn't explain every detail months ago how that worked (which she never asked about), she acts like I'm somehow the badguy even though there's nothing I can do about it and she's the one who waited until the last minute to sign up.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9469 on: May 13, 2013, 03:54:35 PM »

The idea for heavy weight lifting if to work to failure. Basically, keep going til you can't do it right or at all. I think alot of my recent problem was I went from shoulders to chest, which didn't give me a lot of recovery room for either muscle group since most chest exercises work shoulders and vice versa.

Well, today's easy, since I'm going to help my sister work out. She wants to lift weights, so big brudder has to help lil sis.

@Hathen I've seen a lot of people increase their weight progression in different ways. Some people do their heaviest set first and work backwards after, a few guys I know do shock methods, where they change entire workouts for muscle groups every visit so they won't do the same exercise twice in a month. Most of my friends who exercise don't even care to increase weights, just doing it for tone. I've been doing the standard 4 set gradual increase, generally starting with a very light weight for a large number of reps, minimally 12. Each following set gets closer to my max weight and less reps per set, so generally sets are 12+, 10, 8, and 6 to 8 or the best I can do. I was doing 5 sets for a while, but I'd generally be shot after 3 workouts which isn't enough to get much of a burn going. I advise everyone to try a heavier weight when they're lifting, and my general mantra is "if you did it once, you can do it again".

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9470 on: May 13, 2013, 07:30:49 PM »

XTC CD I ordered from Switzerland arrove. Sweet!

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9471 on: May 13, 2013, 10:06:52 PM »

Aaaah.  Only the Leafs could mess up a 4-1 lead and end up losin'.
SEE YA NEXT YEAR GUYS.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9472 on: May 13, 2013, 11:13:51 PM »

Sent my last paper today for my seminar class. It ended up being around 17 pages...about videogame music! But yeah, that's it...I'm done with college. Now for Graduate School!

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #9473 on: May 13, 2013, 11:21:20 PM »

SEE YA NEXT YEAR GUYS.

WHAT THE HELL LEAFS.

At least they made it to game 7.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9474 on: May 13, 2013, 11:52:37 PM »

Guy living beneath me was playing guitar /really/ badly for like the past two hours, and it was the same goddamn chord progression the entire time, so I stomped on the floor to shut him up.

How hard can you stomp a floor without breaking it..?

Also I should probably not do that again my foot goddamn hurts now.

Jesus christ was I actually getting mad?

I'm kind of afraid of myself now. I think I'm developing anger issues and I have no idea how to stop it.

God I'm probably loud too what is wrong with me why do I CARE.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 11:59:37 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9475 on: May 13, 2013, 11:58:08 PM »

Sent my last paper today for my seminar class. It ended up being around 17 pages...about videogame music! But yeah, that's it...I'm done with college. Now for Graduate School!

Congrats! What you going to grad school for, if you don't mind me asking?
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9476 on: May 14, 2013, 12:12:50 AM »

SEE YA NEXT YEAR GUYS.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9477 on: May 14, 2013, 01:07:16 AM »

Fun with Youtube statistics:
One of my P3 vid is on a korean wiki (wth?)
One of my Youtube vid was on a VGchartz article.
One vid I posted here got me 48 views from this forum. (thx ♥)
The Ys Origin trailer I put got tons of view from a torrent site at some point (wasn't that one fan translated? Would make sense that way)

In order of overall views by countries: #1 USA, #2 Japan, #3 Germany (wut?)

There's all kinds of fun to be had when parsing Youtube data.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 01:11:39 AM by Annubis » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9478 on: May 14, 2013, 02:12:15 PM »

I get almost $1000 deducted from each paycheck.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9479 on: May 14, 2013, 02:35:30 PM »

Fun with Youtube statistics:
One of my P3 vid is on a korean wiki (wth?)
One of my Youtube vid was on a VGchartz article.
One vid I posted here got me 48 views from this forum. (thx ♥)
The Ys Origin trailer I put got tons of view from a torrent site at some point (wasn't that one fan translated? Would make sense that way)

In order of overall views by countries: #1 USA, #2 Japan, #3 Germany (wut?)

There's all kinds of fun to be had when parsing Youtube data.

We do that with our Google Analytics data.  There's some interesting stuff there.  RPGs seem to have a big pull in Germany - they're our #4 country after USA, Canada, and UK.  Japan's not even in the top 10 for us.

Also, we're very proud that most RPGFan visitors are on, you know, modern browsers.  Only 9% of our visitors use IE, with Chrome coming in at 37%, Firefox at 30%, and Safari (including mobile) at 12%.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 910 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: