Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 06:12:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329357 Posts in 13491 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 876 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 661965 times)
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9645 on: June 07, 2013, 09:58:46 AM »

I fractured my foot falling backwards over a curb. I have a temp cast on now, and will get the real thing tomorrow afternoon. 4-6 weeks. Plus crutches. I'm trying to stay positive, but this certainly happened at a bad time. My garden is in full swing, and now I can barely even move through it. My son will help with the smaller tasks, but the rest will just have to wait. Oh, well. Shit happens, right?

I stubbed my toe really badly this morning. But then I remembered my friend who is having surgery this morning to reconstruct his forehead because someone smashed it in with a baseball bat last Saturday, and suddenly it doesn't seem so bad..
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9646 on: June 07, 2013, 07:07:49 PM »

Ordered Godhand off Amazon.

I was gonna hold out till I found it at a local game store but the relatively cheap used price on Amazon + apparent scarcity of the store is sending up some red flags about scalpers.

Meanwhile how the fuck do you even turn an XBox on and off.

--- edit ---

Aaand I can't turn my XBox on or open the tray anymore. Apparently this is a well-known issue. I guess I'll call up SUPER GAME TEAM and see how much they charge to do repairs. I sort of wanted an excuse to go over there and see if they got any new saturn stuff anyway.

Be nice if I could get Panzer Dragoon out first >:C

--- edit 2 ---

Sort of want Shining of the Holy Ark but idk if I 40-60 dollars want it. Definitely want Dark Savior but that's not too pricey. Guess I'll have to see what the XBox repairs cost?

--- edit 3 ---

Dreamcast's laser is still getting stuck. Based on where it's getting stuck it sounds like it's falling off the worm screw.

--- edit 4 ---

Okay so I think when the DC turns off, the laser isn't returning to the correct neutral position, which confuses the system as to where the laser actual is, making it fall off the worm screw on the other end.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 10:47:17 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9647 on: June 08, 2013, 08:43:50 PM »

Well, I figured out the computer problem and it was, unsurprisingly, the graphics card.  I have a feeling EVGA is going to fuck me over with the replacement, but we'll see.  Definitely going to complain loudly if I end up getting the shaft.  A video card that costs as much as a console itself shouldn't be dead in 14 months.  Didn't even game that much really.

Bought a cheap replacement card at best buy in the mean time.  It's crappy as hell but it works.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9648 on: June 08, 2013, 10:22:40 PM »

It was really warm today. Normally in Ireland this just means a mild day where it has not rained in a few hours but I actually ended up getting sunburned(Not a ginger)

Apparently I have a terrible habbit of answering questions with a question or saying "Ah, shur ye know yerself"(That was my attempt at recreating the accent rather than text speech). There were a few other things mentioned but I am pretty sure it is an Irish/maybe UK thing.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9649 on: June 09, 2013, 05:09:40 AM »

Columbus Art Festival started today so I went to it with my mom. It was... I don't know kind of disappointing compared to last year. Couldn't hear anyone playing on the stage, seemed to be fewer booths set up, um... oh, and the realization that the only interesting stuff is too expensive to actually buy and the affordable stuff is just prints (most of which are still to expensive to actually be worth it). And I don't need more paintings anyway.

So I could go back there for some of the interestingish food trucks, or... I could do something completely different. Or do nothing. I don't know. It only comes once a year and I don't want to waste going there, but, fuck  I don't know. Was the artichoke/polenta thing really that good?

I think part of the reason it was fun last year was because I wasn't really EXPECTING it to be there, so it was the fun of /discovering/ it that made it meaningful to me.

Hot out lately. There seems to be a narrow band of temperatures I find comfortable and this is not it.

It's 5:03 AM and I had a yerba mate for dinner so obviously I'm not asleep.

Apparently another one of the neighborhood cats died back in Lima.

And I want to try drawing with my tablet more but I find the physical act of moving a drawing utensil around to be deeply unpleasant and uncomfortable. I haven't used a pen/pencil for anything more than signing receipts or the occasional piece of paperwork since I got out of college. I'm completely unused to using one now, I guess?

Also found out that nobody seems to do repairs on original XBoxes.

I could stay up till six and go out to panera for breakfast I guess. I haven't done that in awhile. Not so fond of Panera though. Maybe Buckeye Donuts?

o/` I do not dream o/`

ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9650 on: June 09, 2013, 11:33:19 AM »

Columbus Art Festival started today so I went to it with my mom. It was... I don't know kind of disappointing compared to last year. Couldn't hear anyone playing on the stage, seemed to be fewer booths set up, um... oh, and the realization that the only interesting stuff is too expensive to actually buy and the affordable stuff is just prints (most of which are still to expensive to actually be worth it). And I don't need more paintings anyway.

I know the feeling. We went to the downtown Denver arts thing twice now and there was some really cool stuff... but anything cool was insanely priced.  There were some badass looking angel/demon/fantasy/etc sculptures we saw throughout the day that were only slightly bigger than a water bottle and the cheapest was $2,000, most expensive $11,000. That's insane. I'd taken $300 with, me in case we saw something cool... thankfully that was enough to get us each a bottle of water and a hot dog.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9651 on: June 09, 2013, 12:58:38 PM »

It's astounding how much having your left foot in a cast, and having to use crutches, effects your life. My whole body is now incredibly sore, and just doing the most basic of tasks is a chore. I can only imagine having to do this your whole life. My 6-8 weeks will feel long enough, I'm sure. It really gives me a greater appreciation for what handicapped/crippled for life people go through. Fortunately, Nan and Benjamin have been great so far. I hate sitting so much, though! I also hate sounding like a whiner. It just is what it is. I suppose I'll get more gaming and movie watching in than I normally would this time of year. Positives, right?

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9652 on: June 09, 2013, 06:37:59 PM »

I know the feeling. We went to the downtown Denver arts thing twice now and there was some really cool stuff... but anything cool was insanely priced.  There were some badass looking angel/demon/fantasy/etc sculptures we saw throughout the day that were only slightly bigger than a water bottle and the cheapest was $2,000, most expensive $11,000. That's insane. I'd taken $300 with, me in case we saw something cool... thankfully that was enough to get us each a bottle of water and a hot dog.

I sort of thing a lot of people would sell more if they cut the cost of their prints down. Yes, I know, huge labor involved. But the material cost for prints is fairly low. Yes, if you sold 100 prints at 60 dollars, you'd make twice as much as if you sold them at 30 dollars. But if you sell 100 prints at 30 dollars and like 0-10 for 60?

o/` I do not dream o/`

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9653 on: June 10, 2013, 05:25:21 PM »

Hey everyone! Quick question... I want to add all you fine folks as friends on PSN and 3ds and maybe even Xbox (well those of you who posted your tags/id's in the respective thread). What is the proper conduct for doing so? Do I need to message everyone individually first? Add and THEN message everyone....? Do I even need to message anyone.....

I'd hate to ruin our budding and blossoming cyber-friendship before its truly begun...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9654 on: June 10, 2013, 05:30:39 PM »

Hey everyone! Quick question... I want to add all you fine folks as friends on PSN and 3ds and maybe even Xbox (well those of you who posted your tags/id's in the respective thread). What is the proper conduct for doing so? Do I need to message everyone individually first? Add and THEN message everyone....? Do I even need to message anyone.....

I'd hate to ruin our budding and blossoming cyber-friendship before its truly begun...
Unless your handle is something we don't recognize, generally the request is fine. Otherwise, just mention in your friend request who you are.

TASTY!
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9655 on: June 10, 2013, 05:32:52 PM »

Unless your handle is something we don't recognize, generally the request is fine. Otherwise, just mention in your friend request who you are.

Cool, thanks for the quick response D. For anyone who sees this on here, my PSN is Triscal-Goddess (oh how I wish I could change it...).  I will identify myself in message. Thank you.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9656 on: June 10, 2013, 05:38:26 PM »

What a fabulous username.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9657 on: June 10, 2013, 07:10:47 PM »

What a FABULOUS username.
Couldn't resist.

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9658 on: June 10, 2013, 07:13:55 PM »

What a FABULOUS username.
Couldn't resist.

Whether Mongoosey intended it to be [that] exaggerated doesn't matter to me any more.  Love it xD

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9659 on: June 10, 2013, 07:22:08 PM »

Typical Americans, no proclivity for subtly.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 876 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: