Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 03:25:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327815 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 870 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 645424 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9660 on: June 10, 2013, 07:31:27 PM »

I would have taken that photo far more seriously if his pinky were extended while holding that pipe.

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9661 on: June 10, 2013, 07:51:14 PM »

Typical Americans, no proclivity for subtly.

I'm sorry.... D:

^Typical Canadian

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9662 on: June 11, 2013, 03:39:08 AM »

Don't lump me in w/ them.
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9663 on: June 11, 2013, 09:35:30 AM »

What a FABULOUS username.
Couldn't resist.

Brilliant.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9664 on: June 11, 2013, 10:24:44 AM »

Hey, I had to get a shot of penicillin to get rid of my proclivity.
Desert Walker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9665 on: June 11, 2013, 01:37:55 PM »

Mosquitos are fucking evil.  I have what borders on empirical proof of that in the fact that it has been averaging about 90-100 degrees over the past month with very little water and those things are still managing to thrive even though they're supposed to need pools of water to lay eggs in.  Oh, and the whole bloodsucking vermin thing.  Seriously, what kind of hell beast thrives in weather that makes rattlesnakes head for shade?  On the other hand, in spite of being in the middle of a several year long drought it's still been consistently humid out here.  Maybe there's so much damn water in the air they're able to live off of that.*  Fucking Texas.

On a different note, I found info about the new Mac Pro on Apple's page and it looks pretty cool.  Granted, I'm an Apple fan so I'm biased but a few thoughts:

1. It fixes most of the problems that are causing a decline in popularity of desktop computers
2. Given the dimensions of that thing it makes an excellent improvised weapon to whack a robber over the head with in case of a break in.  Given how expensive Macs are that might be a last resort, though.
3. Speaking of the size and shape of that thing I wonder how long it will before a meme develops featuring new buyers putting up pics online of themselves holding that thing in front of their crotch.

In other news I've been focusing on music a lot lately (and books about music), and finally (after years) ended up putting together a hi-fi system.  Yay!  Now the receiver and player and wires just need to arrive in the mail.  I was able to pick up some awesome vintage speakers on craigslist, though.

*Yes, I know, it doesn't really work that way.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 01:41:40 PM by Desert Walker » Logged
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9666 on: June 11, 2013, 07:29:39 PM »

1. It fixes most of the problems that are causing a decline in popularity of desktop computers

As someone that works in IT, could you elaborate on how it does this?

--- edit ---

Oh god.

Looking for my copy of Xenosaga 1. Checked closet.

Found bag in closet.

Bag contained several XBox controllers and two apples in a /deeply advance state of decay/ which, invariably, are almost a year old.

How the hell they even GET in there.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:50:46 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9667 on: June 11, 2013, 11:42:54 PM »

How the hell they even GET in there.

You came home one day under the influence of something, tried playing your xbox but the batteries in the controller were dead so you put it in a bag with a couple of apples, slammed the closet door then yelled HOW'D YOU LIKE THEM APPLES!! then did a pedicure

(?)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9668 on: June 11, 2013, 11:52:13 PM »

Haven't mentioned much about gym progress in a while, so updates I guess.

My usual workouts now last 2 and a half to 3 hours, today being 3 and a half. Benchpress is now stuck at 315, and not moving anywhere, so I am gonna start dumbell presses to shock my system a bit. Otherwise, I've dropped cardio altogether because it added nothing to my workout outside of a lot of pretty girls giving me dirty looks for taking one of their bikes.

Leg pressed 1100 pounds 2 weeks ago, 4 times, no hand assist. Pretty fucking beastly given it was set #4 when I did it.

Oh, today, I cracked my tricep pushdown record like a stale cookie. 300 lbs, 10 reps. I also went for 200 lbs for about 30 reps. Pretty proud of myself.

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9669 on: June 12, 2013, 01:31:01 AM »

... I seriously hope they weren't the apples I bought when I was in Michigan last /MARCH/. Also my wrist hurts. I hope the storms start early enough so that I have an excuse for not going to work :(

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9670 on: June 12, 2013, 09:56:46 AM »

Christ, I've only just recently been getting seasonal allergies and never all that badly, but for some reason today they're really acting up. I feel like if I step outside my face is going to explode. Making it even worse is the fact that today I really need to get some work done I've been procrastinating on. Oh well, I guess it serves me right.

Not that I'm going to take it as a lesson learned.

EDIT:

Just contacted the debt collectors that are handling my bill. Their idea of a "hardship plan" is still $100 a month, which is about what I'm currently making and putting toward other bills. This is going to get interesting if somebody doesn't hire me soon.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 10:31:59 AM by Klutz64 » Logged

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9671 on: June 13, 2013, 01:11:26 AM »

... I seriously hope they weren't the apples I bought when I was in Michigan last /MARCH/. Also my wrist hurts. I hope the storms start early enough so that I have an excuse for not going to work :(

"Uhhh it's raining and I got an OWIE"
Desert Walker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9672 on: June 13, 2013, 12:33:40 PM »

As someone that works in IT, could you elaborate on how it does this?

Most of the problems that people seem to have with the desktops are portability, weight, and wiring issues.  And taking up a huge amount of space.  I've seen a lot of dedicated 'desktop' people move to things like iMacs  as a result of this to supplement their laptop. (Along with an external HD or three to handle their movie and music collection.)  Making it significantly smaller, lighter, and with wireless everything should help with those issues.  You won't be dragging it along to Starbucks, of course, but it should be able to compete reasonably well with 'everything in the screen' models.

Just contacted the debt collectors that are handling my bill. Their idea of a "hardship plan" is still $100 a month, which is about what I'm currently making and putting toward other bills. This is going to get interesting if somebody doesn't hire me soon.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend this strategy to anyone else, but I had issues with debt collectors for a medical bill who continually demanded that I pay $150 a month; I was living on a $400 a month stipend so that wasn't going to happen.  I offered them lesser amounts that I could actually afford to pay and they refused to accept so I got annoyed and started telling them I would offer X amount and they could call me when they were ready to accept it and would then hang up.  After about a month of playing this game they mysteriously came across a manager who was able to bypass the minimum monthly amount that they kept insisting their rules required.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 12:42:22 PM by Desert Walker » Logged
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9673 on: June 13, 2013, 01:42:08 PM »

Moving tomorrow.

Call Internet reseller to get the lines connected
 - We don't do that, call Bell
Call Bell
 - Sorry, you are not a Bell client, fuck you
Call Internet reseller, get another guy
 - Yeah, it's a mess. Here's the number of a dude I know that will do it for you.
Call dude, get message box
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!
Yeah, you guys won't see me for a while...
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9674 on: June 13, 2013, 01:45:31 PM »

Moving tomorrow.

Call Internet reseller to get the lines connected
 - We don't do that, call Bell
Call Bell
 - Sorry, you are not a Bell client, fuck you
Call Internet reseller, get another guy
 - Yeah, it's a mess. Here's the number of a dude I know that will do it for you.
Call dude, get message box
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!
Yeah, you guys won't see me for a while...
Wait, what about your internet provider not re-designating your service at your new location? That makes 0 sense.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 870 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: