Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 12:58:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327337 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 869 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 639187 times)
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9735 on: June 18, 2013, 03:10:31 PM »

I don't think there's anything wrong with Agent D's position, but congrats to Jotacon on his restraint.  In particular on not having his friends go look for him.  I've always felt that strategy was bullshit. (It was employed a lot in my high school if someone started and lost a fight.  Really showed off how tough a person was.)  That said my dad the cop would point out that the gun/knife issue didn't really come into play there because a person that gets close shove you against a wall and/or spit on you is close enough to stab you.

In any case, trying to buy a pack of cigarettes for $2?  I vote for high.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 03:12:23 PM by Desert Walker » Logged
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9736 on: June 18, 2013, 05:18:35 PM »

You made the right move. You never know what psycho has a knife or a gun.
Including yourself....it's not fair to think only everyone else has the potential to be a fucking crazy person. Hombre spits on me, he'll need a cannon to stop me from what I do to him.

Quick edit: Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being above violence and asshole-ishness, but no one would think ill of you for taking action in an aggressive manner on said individual. Kudos for maintaining a level head, if I had been there with you he would have had a whole new level of respect for anal sex...
Not everyone has it in them to even BE violent. Or simply aren't built for it. I'm tall and skinny(even more so after losing weight due to health issues), and not at all built for inflicting physical violence on others. I would have done the same thing as Jotacon did.  If for some reason I did attempt to fight back, I'd probably take a swing, miss, then end up getting my ass kicked. I can't deny that I've daydreamed(mostly in high school) about fighting back against bullies and jagloads. It just never happened, and probably never will. Fortunately, I haven't been in any type of situation that would call for it, like in the topic of discussion.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9737 on: June 18, 2013, 05:24:27 PM »

Yeah, Grim's right. It depends on your personality.

My dad tried to make me play rugby as a kid, but every time I tackled someone I had to stop and apologize because I felt so bad about it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9738 on: June 18, 2013, 05:27:18 PM »

You made the right move. You never know what psycho has a knife or a gun.
Including yourself....it's not fair to think only everyone else has the potential to be a fucking crazy person. Hombre spits on me, he'll need a cannon to stop me from what I do to him.

Quick edit: Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being above violence and asshole-ishness, but no one would think ill of you for taking action in an aggressive manner on said individual. Kudos for maintaining a level head, if I had been there with you he would have had a whole new level of respect for anal sex...
Not everyone has it in them to even BE violent. Or simply aren't built for it. I'm tall and skinny(even more so after losing weight due to health issues), and not at all built for inflicting physical violence on others. I would have done the same thing as Jotacon did.  If for some reason I did attempt to fight back, I'd probably take a swing, miss, then end up getting my ass kicked. I can't deny that I've daydreamed(mostly in high school) about fighting back against bullies and jagloads. It just never happened, and probably never will. Fortunately, I haven't been in any type of situation that would call for it, like in the topic of discussion.

I think I'd be a fighter.  I got groped once in high school and I one-two-slapped him..

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9739 on: June 18, 2013, 05:41:54 PM »

I was never a bully, but I was known in school as that kid who was in a lot of fights. And honestly it also carries it's problems. Eventually you get to a point where you feel you almost have to fight at any provocation or else risk peer pressure. I admit it was a mixed bag for me. I enjoyed being, for the most part left alone, but at the same point in time being feared sometimes took it's toll. Luckily for me I somewhat "re-invented" myself in high school. Not sure exactly what that has to do with the topic but the topic got me to thinking of my youth.

Everything's Eventual
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9740 on: June 18, 2013, 05:47:37 PM »

This entire thread is just one big stream of consciousness, I wouldn't worry about it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9741 on: June 18, 2013, 06:50:23 PM »

My dad tried to make me play rugby as a kid, but every time I tackled someone I had to stop and apologize because I felt so bad about it.

And you had to come out of the closet when you were thirteen?  It wasn't just...understood?

Seriously though, some of us are in the physical and psychological condition for fighting and some are not.  Personally, I have a strong distaste for violence unless it's an absolutely last resort, though I'm a pretty fierce advocate of letting people defend themselves when necessary.

That said, go Dice.  Once in a while people need to be smacked.  That qualifies as one of those times.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9742 on: June 18, 2013, 06:54:08 PM »

My dad does often say "I should have known". I think there is a sort of blindness parents have when their children are "different".

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9743 on: June 18, 2013, 07:07:30 PM »

I am thinking about starting a kickstarter to try and get money. The item I will be developing is a sticker. Just that. A sticker. IN reality I will be just trying to get money for myself. My pledge gifts will be $5 you get a sticker, $25 you get 3 Stickers and a signed sticker, and 1000000 I fly to where you are and personally deliver a full sheet of 20 stickers.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9744 on: June 18, 2013, 07:15:11 PM »

LET ME GIVE YOU MONEY!!!

Seriously, though, I've seen worse kickstarters succeed.  It's a pretty weird thing.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9745 on: June 18, 2013, 07:36:36 PM »

Wanna join my kickstarter as a partner? We could call ourselves Seattle Stickers, or SS for short.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9746 on: June 18, 2013, 07:37:45 PM »

The SS is such a cute name. :3

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9747 on: June 18, 2013, 07:44:29 PM »

Get one more person (*ahem*) and you can be the Seattle Sticker Squad.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9748 on: June 18, 2013, 07:46:21 PM »

The Simplified Spelling Society?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9749 on: June 18, 2013, 07:49:42 PM »

Luckily for me I somewhat "re-invented" myself in high school. Not sure exactly what that has to do with the topic but the topic got me to thinking of my youth.

Oh man I reinvented myself the summer before highschool. Lost 40 pounds, went vegetarian, [omitted], got into Radiohead, started growing my hair out...

This entire thread is just one big stream of consciousness, I wouldn't worry about it.

Let's put it to a beat 8D

Also why the hell even do all these sales on the internet start today? It's like I'm cool with sales but I'm in the middle of spending a bunch of money on Saturn games. Does the internet not understand my complete lack of inhibition when it comes to these things?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 869 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: