Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 11:53:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334760 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 649 650 [651] 652 653 ... 899 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 714383 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9750 on: June 18, 2013, 07:52:55 PM »

I can only assume [omitted] is killing your more popular identical twin and taking his place.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9751 on: June 18, 2013, 09:53:36 PM »

I admit I have serious rage issues. You guys have seen a couple photos of me...I'm a big guy. I was always fat and going to a catholic elementary school was kinda like running a gauntlet of insults and ridicule...and later years physical abuse. I think I mentioned it here once but in fifth grade, my entire class took turns pounding on me while I was on the floor from some asshole pushing me from behind. After this, I lost my ability to control serious anger because I always fell back to that moment where literally I was helpless. Nowadays, I sort of got the hulk logic for anger control...I'm always kind of angry. I try to maintain a pleasant demeanor when talking to people or doing things I enjoy, but it really takes nothing to turn my mood foul. Stuff like weight lifting have really helped this year as when I get angry, I just put it all into my exercise and either pull something or go home tight from lifting that I forget why I was annoyed. But as you can see from posts where something like what happens to Jotacon occur and I respond with aggresive replies and violent logic....I won't lie I get pissed reading them. Shit like what happened to me as a kid....I get pissed seeing it and other types of bullying happen.

Long story short...I have issues.

TASTY!
Jotacon

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9752 on: June 18, 2013, 10:08:15 PM »

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I can say it is hard not to be violent. Just talking about the experience reminded me of my school days Bytor, I was picked on a lot and had to learn only to fight when necessary. I once got beat up so bad (black eye, cuts, ripped jacket, mud all over my face) by a kid that when the teacher asked me what happened I refused to answer, but stared right at the bully. He broke under the pressure, confessed and started crying. It was junior high.

So, yeah. Stupid fights tend to remind people of being younger because for the most part society stops us from having stupid fights. Despite seeming reasonable I've had my fair share of stupid fights. The only choice I made in high school was to talk to my oppressors more often, which made them think of me as a person and I was bullied far less.

I admit I have serious rage issues. You guys have seen a couple photos of me...I'm a big guy. I was always fat and going to a catholic elementary school was kinda like running a gauntlet of insults and ridicule...and later years physical abuse. I think I mentioned it here once but in fifth grade, my entire class took turns pounding on me while I was on the floor from some asshole pushing me from behind. After this, I lost my ability to control serious anger because I always fell back to that moment where literally I was helpless. Nowadays, I sort of got the hulk logic for anger control...I'm always kind of angry. I try to maintain a pleasant demeanor when talking to people or doing things I enjoy, but it really takes nothing to turn my mood foul. Stuff like weight lifting have really helped this year as when I get angry, I just put it all into my exercise and either pull something or go home tight from lifting that I forget why I was annoyed. But as you can see from posts where something like what happens to Jotacon occur and I respond with aggresive replies and violent logic....I won't lie I get pissed reading them. Shit like what happened to me as a kid....I get pissed seeing it and other types of bullying happen.

Long story short...I have issues.

Your whole class? That is awful, as a ridiculed fat kid I feel (some) of your pain. Though nothing that bad ever happened to me. it sucks that people are shit. As long as you have a way to vent that is good and weight lifting is probably the best way to do that. Build strength and become a better, healthier person. It is something I should do, my youngest brother nags me to do it all the time.

I am thinking about starting a kickstarter to try and get money. The item I will be developing is a sticker. Just that. A sticker. IN reality I will be just trying to get money for myself. My pledge gifts will be $5 you get a sticker, $25 you get 3 Stickers and a signed sticker, and 1000000 I fly to where you are and personally deliver a full sheet of 20 stickers.
Is that $5 with shipping? If it is, hot damn I want a sticker.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9753 on: June 19, 2013, 12:09:05 AM »

http://pastebin.com/dGqEEnQf

Took a census of my PSX collection.

Welp.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9754 on: June 19, 2013, 12:34:14 AM »

http://pastebin.com/dGqEEnQf

Took a census of my PSX collection.

Welp.

You're also missing Suikoden II as far as classics go.  I did have a minor nostalgia attack looking at that though

There has been so many haps on the last three pages I don't know how to respond to any of them.  I think we just had a cathartic Oprah-style release on these forums.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9755 on: June 19, 2013, 12:53:30 AM »

Speaking PSOne games. Can any one tell me the name of a game based on these vauge details from my spotty memory.

It was a fighting game...and there was a boy with a spear who could shoot green wind from it...and he might have had a pig...or was that Tomba...

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9756 on: June 19, 2013, 12:54:24 AM »

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to go through my Twentieth Century Music History Class syllabus and brush up on remember the name of important people, names, and add to the syllabus with what I felt was missing from the course. The books we used for the class was:

Alex Ross's The Rest Is Noise: Listening to the Twentieth Century
Strunk's Source Readings in Music History: The Twentieth Century (Revised Edition) (Vol. 7) (Source Readings Vol. 7)

There was, of course, a great deal of pdfs we had to read through as well (I filled a 2inch binder easy), so that's going to be a pleasant experience. I still don't understand why it frustrates me to read pdfs/printouts versus reading from a book? It must be something along the lines of easy accessibility and smaller pages versus obnoxious, rough scanned pdfs.

On top of my reading, I plan on going through these books as well:

Michael Broyles's Mavericks and Other Traditions in American Music
Edward Strickland's American Composers: Dialogues on Contemporary Music
William Ducksworth's Talking Music: Conversations With John Cage, Philip Glass, Laurie Anderson, And 5 Generations Of American Experimental Composers
Judith Tick & Paul Beaudoin's Music in the USA: A Documentary Companion
K. Robert Schwartz's Minimalists (20th Century Composers)
Paul Griffiths's Modern Music and After
Richard Taruskin's Music in the Late Twentieth Century: The Oxford History of Western Music
Susan Key & Larry Rothe's American Mavericks: Musical Visionaries, Pioneers, Iconoclasts
John Warthen Sturble's The History of American Classical Music: MacDowell Through Minimalism
Scherer's A History of American Classical Music (With Audio, yay!)
Richard Crawford's America's Musical Life
Larry Austin, Douglas Kahn, & Nilendra Gurusinghe's Source: Music of the Avant-garde, 1966-1973
Peter Manning's Electronic and Computer Music

Morton Feldman's Give My Regards To Eighth Street
Steve Reich's Writings on Music, 1965-2000

Of course, there are plenty of other sources I hope to extract from, but these books are within reach of my book shelf for quick index-searching and topic finding. I do own several compilation recordings of 20th Century music to go along these readings, as well as Youtube.

Wish me the best. :)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9757 on: June 19, 2013, 01:31:05 AM »

You're also missing Suikoden II as far as classics go.

It's not a game I ever wanted. Not a fan of the series.

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sony/ps1/the-rarest-and-most-valuable-playstation-ps1-games Looking at this though I DO want a copy of Brigandine kinda... Also 35 was a pretty good price for Ogre Battle, considering that list and Ogre Battle generally kicking a lot of mammalian rump area.

@ Stargoose: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT_JpnirPM8 was all I could turn up. I doubt that's what you were thinking of though...

I don't think Tomba! had a spear.

Maybe if you drew your memories it would hekp :T
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 01:33:08 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9758 on: June 19, 2013, 01:37:50 AM »

Well, I'm impressed you managed to pull up such an obscure game to help me. It was more like a Street Fighter-type fighter though, not a platformer.

I talked to my boyfriend when he woke up and he is telling me that no such game existed and I probably just dreamed it. x.x I swear I had a game like that on a demo disc as a kind, along with some Gradius-type game.

Things I can remember: Savage-looking boy, with spear, shoots green windy stuff as a special attack. May have pig. Stage on a beach with a wooden cabin the background.

I don't even know why I care so much, I doubt I'll ever play it again and there seems to be a growing chance that I may have invented it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9759 on: June 19, 2013, 01:50:18 AM »

Okay, here is a picture of what the game might have looked like, probably heavily influcenced by my spotty memory.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Jotacon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9760 on: June 19, 2013, 02:08:41 AM »

I might be able to turn up something if you have more details. I get that it is hard when you might be making up most of your memories. DO you know if it was PSX exclusive? That would make searching easier. Was it a 2D fighter or 3D fighter?
That stage reminds me of a game called Vs. which has a pink haired person. I don't think there where weapons or pigs though.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9761 on: June 19, 2013, 02:30:38 AM »

I've said all I can remember. That stage looks pretty good to the description I gave, but isn't it exactly.

Clearly this game doesn't exist and I meant to make a game about a pink haired boy with his magical green wind spear and his pet pig.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Jotacon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9762 on: June 19, 2013, 02:52:18 AM »

Haha! You're not crazy! I'm crazy! I found it!
Battle Arena Toshinden 4 - You played as the character Fen Barefoot who is apparently Brazillian.

I can't find stage screenshots and without playing it I can't be 100% and unfortunately I like you that much. Give it a try and see if this is it. If not, I am extremely surprised there are two Spear wielding child characters that use wind and have pet pigs. Counterpoint, Japan. :)

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9763 on: June 19, 2013, 02:55:25 AM »

YOU ARE AMAZING. HOW DID YOU DO THAT IVE BEEN GOOGLING THIS FOR LIKE 3 HOURS. I COULD KISS YOU.

:O

I feel very vindicated now. Seriously, how did you do that. x.x

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Jotacon

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9764 on: June 19, 2013, 03:02:36 AM »

First, I wasted a bunch of time looking up 2D fighters that were ported to the PSX. Then realizing I was wasting time based on what you said about the beach level, so I grabbed a list PSX fighters and made sure to only check weapon-based fighters (I would have given up if that list didn't work) and I only bothered checking ones I didn't play since I never heard of the character you described. That limited the games to a handful of series' and I picked alphabetically and I got lucky.

Pages: 1 ... 649 650 [651] 652 653 ... 899 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: