Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 02:26:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331909 Posts in 13590 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 654 655 [656] 657 658 ... 886 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 691639 times)
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9825 on: June 25, 2013, 11:44:22 PM »

It's 85 outside... and yet 100+ in the apartment. I'm not sure how much over 100, since that's as high as the thermostat goes. We reported this last week... their answer? We have to wait until the first of the month for them to even be able to order us a new AC, since they're only 'allowed' to order 2 AC units per month for the entire complex of around 100 apartments. God knows how long it will take to arrive and then be installed. They don't really give any shits here. Unfortunately making them mad will just get us evicted or the offer to move out, so I'm stuck trying to be nice until around the 10th... and it we don't have a new AC by then I'm gravving a blanket, pillow, and console and moving into the office, since that building's always kept around 70.
Jotacon
Contributing Editor

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9826 on: June 26, 2013, 12:00:07 AM »

It's 85 outside... and yet 100+ in the apartment. I'm not sure how much over 100, since that's as high as the thermostat goes. We reported this last week... their answer? We have to wait until the first of the month for them to even be able to order us a new AC, since they're only 'allowed' to order 2 AC units per month for the entire complex of around 100 apartments. God knows how long it will take to arrive and then be installed. They don't really give any shits here. Unfortunately making them mad will just get us evicted or the offer to move out, so I'm stuck trying to be nice until around the 10th... and it we don't have a new AC by then I'm gravving a blanket, pillow, and console and moving into the office, since that building's always kept around 70.
Our hearts sweat as one. The managers don't allow window air conditioners because they are "an eyesore" which means the only option is central air, which is too expensive. So, I sit and sweat, hopefully you can have your problem sorted out soon. I have to gamble on Ottawa's ridiculous weather. Today was 62, tomorrow is 90-97, yesterday I didn't check, but it was really hot.

The real reason I came here though, was to inform you all that English muffins with butter and wild berry jam is the tastiest thing.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9827 on: June 26, 2013, 12:10:38 AM »

I have my AC on and my AC works fine. It's just not doin' shit 'cause it's THAT HOT OUT.

http://pastebin.com/yhxzumMA

Anyway I made a list comparing square-developed games I like to those I dislike or was mixed on. The spread between the like/dislike/neutral columns is less than I though it would be.

Think I might do something similar with 16-bit console RPGs in general, later.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9828 on: June 26, 2013, 12:21:31 AM »

I only use the AC at night to sleep. If it's too warm at night I'll just sweat endlessly and toss and turn.
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9829 on: June 26, 2013, 12:26:24 AM »

Our hearts sweat as one. The managers don't allow window air conditioners because they are "an eyesore" which means the only option is central air, which is too expensive. So, I sit and sweat, hopefully you can have your problem sorted out soon. I have to gamble on Ottawa's ridiculous weather. Today was 62, tomorrow is 90-97, yesterday I didn't check, but it was really hot.

The real reason I came here though, was to inform you all that English muffins with butter and wild berry jam is the tastiest thing.

Same... window AC units are "unsightly" and every apartment has a through-the-wall AC built in. Except mine blows cool for around 5 minutes and gives up. i looked up the model number... it's over 10,000 BTU shy of what's actually needed to cool this size apartment. I'm in Denver. This week is all 90+ days and it gets 10-20 degrees hotter in the apartment than it does outside even with the AC "on"... thank God next week is supposed to be high 70s starting Moinday.

I only use the AC at night to sleep. If it's too warm at night I'll just sweat endlessly and toss and turn.

We have 2 dogs and my wife has an issue keeping hydrated normally. When it's 100+ every day at home it's no good. It's 10:30 now and it's dropped to 91 in the apartment... and I also toss and turn and sweat if it's too hot. I've been actually sleeping from about 5-8am for a week now. I'm exhausted but I either roll around or wake up drenched in sweat after half an hour.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 12:30:21 AM by zMKnightz » Logged
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9830 on: June 26, 2013, 12:30:17 AM »

Oh god thinking of Yoda getting all sweaty~~~~ aaaah~~~

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Jotacon
Contributing Editor

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9831 on: June 26, 2013, 12:45:32 AM »

Same... window AC units are "unsightly" and every apartment has a through-the-wall AC built in. Except mine blows cool for around 5 minutes and gives up. i looked up the model number... it's over 10,000 BTU shy of what's actually needed to cool this size apartment. I'm in Denver. This week is all 90+ days and it gets 10-20 degrees hotter in the apartment than it does outside even with the AC "on"... thank God next week is supposed to be high 70s starting Moinday.
Rules like that are total bullshit. I just want to keep cool 77 and up is too hot for me. Try to get some sleep when you can.

I have my AC on and my AC works fine. It's just not doin' shit 'cause it's THAT HOT OUT.

Anyway I made a list comparing square-developed games I like to those I dislike or was mixed on. The spread between the like/dislike/neutral columns is less than I though it would be.

I think the list is interesting. There is a consistency to your dislikes that I find intriguing. It makes me want to make one of my own. I'm a big fan of a few of your Neutral games, but I totally get why you don't like them. Saga Frontier 2, that game is cognitive dissonance you can play, I still love it, but my brain took a long time to figure out what I think about it.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9832 on: June 26, 2013, 12:51:15 AM »

Oh god thinking of Yoda getting all sweaty~~~~ aaaah~~~

pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9833 on: June 26, 2013, 12:59:49 AM »

Why do you not like FF6, crackhead?
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9834 on: June 26, 2013, 01:15:42 AM »

Crackhead? Have I missed something.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9835 on: June 26, 2013, 01:26:29 AM »

I don't even have AC, guys.  And I live in a top-floor apartment with big south-facing windows...

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9836 on: June 26, 2013, 08:36:02 AM »

My adblocker has been acting up lately. I think the last update had something to do with it. The ads from wartune are making me laugh though. I am guessing they are the new Evony.

Brushed up against nettles while putting down some clay earlier. I haven't been stung by them since I was a kid so I basically reacted as I would of back then. Tossed the bag of clay to the side and went looking for a Dock Leaf. It was not until I went back to finish putting down the clay that I realised that nettle stings never really hurt but are rather just annoying as hell. No idea if Dock Leaves actually work or are a type of placebo effect. 

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9837 on: June 26, 2013, 09:36:08 AM »

I think they do actually work.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9838 on: June 26, 2013, 09:51:44 AM »

Not sure where you live but different states have different rental laws, in some states things like that can get actually allow you to void your lease.

Everything's Eventual
pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9839 on: June 26, 2013, 12:43:42 PM »

Crackhead? Have I missed something.

Are you aware that every person that doesn't like FF6 is considered a crackhead? Those that adore FF6 are considered lovers of fine art, contrary to those that don't like FF6.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 12:47:01 PM by pseudonym » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 654 655 [656] 657 658 ... 886 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: