Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 11:30:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341014 Posts in 13938 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 660 661 [662] 663 664 ... 923 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 760828 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9915 on: July 06, 2013, 06:40:25 PM »

That drawing is fantastic! I wish I enjoyed the actual characters that much:P

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9916 on: July 07, 2013, 12:37:46 AM »

I picked up a copy of the rykodisc version of Station to Station at Magnolia Thunderpussy for 6.99. Sweet!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 12:10:49 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9917 on: July 07, 2013, 12:15:53 PM »

My neighbor snuck into my back garden and cut down my tree, Alvin. :/

I caught him in the act and he said he called my landlord. I called the landlord and he said he doesn't even know my neighbors.

I'm really sad about my tree, and I'm mad that he came into my garden without my permission and basically vandalized it. At the same time the deed is done and I don't want to cause a scene by knocking on their door and calling them out on it.

What do...

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9918 on: July 07, 2013, 12:40:51 PM »

wow, i would be really upset
that's trespassing and vandalism, AND he lied to you about calling your landlord?
there's no way i would let that slide. at least take a dump on his porch or something.
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9919 on: July 07, 2013, 12:41:24 PM »

Can't you knock on his door and say you vandalized my property, you at least owe me a new tree?
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9920 on: July 07, 2013, 12:44:43 PM »

My neighbor snuck into my back garden and cut down my tree, Alvin. :/

I caught him in the act and he said he called my landlord. I called the landlord and he said he doesn't even know my neighbors.

I'm really sad about my tree, and I'm mad that he came into my garden without my permission and basically vandalized it. At the same time the deed is done and I don't want to cause a scene by knocking on their door and calling them out on it.

What do...

Call the police. In the US at least cutting down trees on someone else's property without permission is illegal.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9921 on: July 07, 2013, 12:52:16 PM »

Yeah, I think it's illegal here too. I'll wait until my boyfriend gets home from work, he isn't happy about it at all. Especially about them lying to me about calling the landlord. Even if they did call the landlord you would think it was common courtesy to knock on the door and say you are going to do it. :/

Yeah, I am upset. Not so much because he cut down a tree, more like I'm upset because it was THAT tree. I gave him a name, and I liked watching the birds that made their nests in him. I wouldn't expect them to understand that though, they would probably just say "It's just a tree".

It's just a really sucky situation anyway, we already don't fit in with the neighbors cause we aren't sociable and like to keep to ourselves, so I hate the idea of knocking at their door and pulling them up on it, then being the topic of gossip for weeks.

Sigh, country life.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 12:54:49 PM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9922 on: July 07, 2013, 01:47:22 PM »

Call the police and tell them your neighbors were trespassing and vandalized the property.

TASTY!
Jotacon

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9923 on: July 07, 2013, 02:17:24 PM »

Call the police and tell them your neighbors were trespassing and vandalized the property.
I used to have a favourite tree. Don't let them get away with murder or trespassing/vandalizing as the case might be seen.

Although this is a very funny situation.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9924 on: July 07, 2013, 02:23:44 PM »

I would have a conniption if anyone cut down any of my trees. Hell would be turned over to bring about some form of justice. But you know how much of a plant nut I am. I freak if anyone pulls the flowers off my perennials, tulips, etc. I'll give them to you if you just ask!
WHY exactly did your neighbor come into your yard and cut down your tree? Are you renters in the same home/building? I forget your situation. How big of a tree was it? I'm just baffled by the whole situation. People can be so damn mean.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9925 on: July 07, 2013, 02:36:14 PM »

Word gets around quick. Already the neighbors are swarming around trying to get the gossip from them.

I ended up pulling them up. They said the roots where encroaching on their property. Which is...fine. If they had asked for my landlords details we could have sorted that out for them without chopping down the entire tree...but they didn't, they just came in without permission and chopped him down.

I'm not very good at confrontation so I just sighed and walked away. I could call the cops, I guess. I know...but I have pretty severe social anxiety and dirty looks from neighbors would be unbearable. I dunno if anyone here can relate to that though.

@Grim: We share a wall with them, it's a semi-detached house. There's a fence separating us, it's a different property, they know the boundaries and the tree isn't anything to do with them. They said the roots were coming over into their side. Which if true (I can't see over their tall fence), is fair enough. You can't just take it on yourself and cut down someones tree though, you call my landlord and he pays for whatever needs doing. I'm nt a big garndeing nut like you, my garden is pretty wild to be honest, but I DID like that tree. They could have done anything and I wouldn't have minded, but I did like the tree.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9926 on: July 07, 2013, 03:01:39 PM »

You could also order like 20 dragon dildos and ship them to their address if the cops don't do anything.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9927 on: July 07, 2013, 03:10:45 PM »

That's a unique way to deal with it.

My boyfriend says hes gonna get a bigger tree and put it far enough away it won't go into their yard, but big enough it will still annoy them.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 03:14:59 PM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9928 on: July 07, 2013, 04:14:11 PM »

Still think you oughta file charges for tresspassing and vandalism.

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9929 on: July 07, 2013, 11:55:49 PM »

Work tomorrow. How long have I been here yet?

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 660 661 [662] 663 664 ... 923 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: