Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 08:30:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338007 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 702 703 [704] 705 706 ... 908 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 738804 times)
Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10545 on: September 02, 2013, 08:45:51 PM »

That game has some great music.

Of course! It's as beautiful as a siren's melody, luring unexpected players to their...

The main puzzle theme would work great in Chrono Trigger. ;)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10546 on: September 02, 2013, 10:53:09 PM »

I just realized I like crappy suspense/horror movies:

Event Horizon - IMDB 6.6
Sphere - IMDB 5.8

Then again, they say LotR: Return of the King is the 9th best movie... errrr nope. (and Se7en is the 22th best movie ever? lol)

I've never heard anything 'bad' about Event Horizon myself, most common thing I hear is "it's really weird".  And on the contrary, I've heard a lot of love for it.

And yeah, a lot of gems I love have 5/6 on IMDB as well.
...And I personally thought Fellowship was the best of the 3 films.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10547 on: September 02, 2013, 10:57:12 PM »

Added a couple more books to my collection: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/Rhythmroo

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10548 on: September 03, 2013, 12:10:55 AM »

Event Horizon is bad? I've also heard nothing but good things about it.

Sam Niel wules.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10549 on: September 03, 2013, 02:23:03 AM »

The emoticon that I use the most online is :v (Or, for emphasis, :V or :VVvvvVVv).

I don't even know what emotion that's supposed to indicate. Or where I picked it up.

Feeling antagonized. Better go to sleep.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10550 on: September 03, 2013, 05:16:29 PM »

Now that I have some downtime, I can post about my trip  to CA.  It was a mini family reunion to have a memorial service for family members passed.  I got to see relatives I haven't seen in over a decade and some relatives that flew in from Japan.   Before meeting up with my extended family I took my parents to Napa and treated them to dinner at Morimoto's (iron chef guy).  It was fantastic.  I can see why he is successful.  We then went to Yountville and ate at Michael Chiarello's resturant Bottega.  It was good, but kinda hit or miss.  I would go back but try something different.  Can you tell I'm a foodie?  I also went to SF which was hell getting into.  I dont know how you Californians deal with the traffic.   Anyways it was mainly for shopping (uniqlo) and eating (hrd cafe).  I  really enjoyed my time in CA.  It was the first vacation I had since getting sick. 

Now I am planning my New Orleans trip in October.  Already bought my Book of Mormon tickets and am now researching resturants. 

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10551 on: September 03, 2013, 08:45:47 PM »

Book of Mormon was absolutely fantastic. I hope you love it!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10552 on: September 03, 2013, 09:44:37 PM »

Nan and I SO want to see that. is it in Chicago now? Probably gone already, right? I should look that up.

3 month "anniversary" of breaking my foot! Released by the doc today. It's still not 100%, but it feels good most of the time.
I'm definitely more careful around curbs than I used to be.
At least the time flew by.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10553 on: September 03, 2013, 10:09:01 PM »

Oh shit, just realized that 'xboxone' is a palindrome.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10554 on: September 03, 2013, 10:19:16 PM »

Oh shit, just realized that 'xboxone' is a palindrome.
How? Palindromes read the same forwards and backwards.....last I checked that B throws a wrench in your cogs.

TASTY!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10555 on: September 03, 2013, 10:52:09 PM »

3 month "anniversary" of breaking my foot! Released by the doc today. It's still not 100%, but it feels good most of the time.
I'm definitely more careful around curbs than I used to be.
At least the time flew by.

Congrats on your new freedom!

I dropped off my visa stuff at the consulate. Now I get to sit and twiddle my thumbs while I wait for bureaucracy move at a snail's pace.

Also Event Horizon is a bit cheesy but it's a fun movie.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10556 on: September 04, 2013, 01:02:14 AM »

Nan and I SO want to see that. is it in Chicago now? Probably gone already, right? I should look that up.

Ah Chicago.  That is another one of the places I always wanted to visit.  I'm just postponing my trip until it is no longer #1 for bedbugs.  I am super paranoid/scared when it comes to them.  I always check the mattresses now.

Currently Reading: 

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10557 on: September 04, 2013, 01:03:32 AM »

Well give me a shout if you visit. I'm bed bug free
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10558 on: September 04, 2013, 01:07:42 AM »

That's so sweet of you.  Should I actually visit Chicago, be prepared to be bombarded with requests for recommendations on resturants, and things to do.

I might send you to recon the hotel for me.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 01:09:14 AM by CluelessWonder » Logged

Currently Reading: 

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10559 on: September 04, 2013, 01:36:41 AM »

Event Horizon was an awesome movie, just wanted to share that.

Since his name was mentioned, I worked an event a few years ago at I believe the Hilton hotel in NYC or maybe the Plaza, forget which, featuring Masaharu Morimoto as a chef for it. I was doing a break out room, which sucked because the rest of the crew got a free show from Mr. Morimoto himself. The fatasses ate everything he made too, jerks...

So I've been at the gym now for roughly 10 months, have lost 30 pounds without changing my diet (astonishing if you ask me), and have definitely seen a major improvement in my ability to continue past my usual limits in exertion. By far the greatest moment out of this was when my asshole father started to chuckle when he saw me start to do a pushup, then after I adjusted to an elevated position (feet on a chair so my neutral position was a straight line) and proceeded to bust out 30, he admitted he was impressed. Twas a good day that last thursday...though I should stop doing push ups barefoot as my toes hurt greatly after.

Been tossing around the idea more and more of finally getting into the air force or the army. My life is losing direction fast, and as much as I enjoy the gym and my video gaming, current work and my father's slowly deteriorating condition are starting to eat away at me. I have little desire in life anymore outside of simple enjoyments and that fills me with nausea just thinking about it. The worst part is I can't think of anything I wanna do with my life anymore, aside from getting stronger and playing video games which seriously don't go hand in hand nor do they really satisfy my longing for something more...not sure what it is though. I know that the military may be a cop out choice, but maybe it's what I need...idk. I'm just so terrified of leaving my old man alo e these days, it's not like he's an invalid, but he seems so out of it when he's alone. He barely gets out of the house outside of smoking his cigar and physically he can barely walk around the corner to the store. I fear that if I were to leave for a month I'd get a phone call telling me he croaked. My mom died too soon in life, and in a very miserable and unhappy way, I don't wish this for my father. He had enough shit from my mom's family blaming him for her situation and not taking care of her before she got cancer, then for not getting her treated...etc etc. He's an ass, but I'd like to see him be somewhat comfortable before he passes on, however long it may be.

I feel oddly open right now, I know I'll read this tomorrow and hate myself for having put it all here, but idk, words just came out and I felt like sharing them with some group of people who listen. Thanks for being here haps thread, stop accidentally getting locked.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 702 703 [704] 705 706 ... 908 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: