Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 03:26:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334802 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 703 704 [705] 706 707 ... 900 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 715864 times)
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10560 on: September 04, 2013, 02:02:40 AM »

How old are you agent d?  What is your job?  Do you have other family members that can help with your father?

Though I've never been the primary caretaker of a parent, I have felt directionless several times in my life.  When I first got out of college, I didn't know what to do with my degree.  I couldn't even find a job for a while and got depressed.  Then later, I had to figure out what I wanted to do after my job lost funding.  I went back to school and am currently happy with my job.  I think it is natural to feel this way sometimes in life.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10561 on: September 04, 2013, 02:20:46 AM »

so im discovering now one of the perils of having a girl gamer as a girlfriend. we have been doing the ff14 story together and keeping our levels close. then one day while i was at work she grinded fates all day and gained like 4 levels on me. she got ocd about getting the gear she wanted from grand company. when we are doing quests she will B-line for fates. her attention is now split between me and the game. though she's a person that shows her love more with her actions than her words she has a knack for knowing when i need to see them.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10562 on: September 04, 2013, 04:24:06 AM »

@Cluelesswonder

28 years old. I work as a freelance stagehand and audio/video installation tech, neither of which are currently in huge demand so work isn't pouring my way. In regards to my dad, he isn't crippled (technically), but he is considered disabled. It's not so much that it's being a caregiver, but more like he can't simply maintain his own standard of life on his own easily. It's things like buying groceries, cleaning up, and maintaining his "job" as neighborhood handyman (I should mention my father and I work together as A/V installers) that I have to be there for. He can feed himself and cook for himself, but his condition.has made it difficult to do anything physical for more than a few hours a day. His issues are also degenerative so unless someone can come up with miracle cures for diabetes, old age, and physical deterioration of body parts, it's only gonna get harder. Diabetes and the associated diabetic neuropathy has really destroyed alot of his ability, and though he has addressed it and now has it under control the damage is done.

To be quite honest, he's a bit of a medical enigma. His level of diabetes was considered pretty bad, but he doesn't need insulin. Though his doctor said he oughta be cripple by now, he can still walk (lumber is more adequate) for all intents and purposes. He recently had to have stents placed due to hardened arteries, but the doctor told him his heart was actually quite strong for all the crappy lifestyle choices and negative factors he's faced. I still giggle about how when he went in for gallbladder surgery (which nearly killed him due his gallbladder being....well shit), he came out of his anesthesic almost fully lucid and aware of what was going on....while they were stitching him up. He's a stubborn brute for sure, but that's part of where the fear comes in. The idea of him being left alone and god forbid he lost his footing and could not get himself back up, I'm sadly certain no one would even come to find him. It's possible I am just using him as an excuse to continue being a 28 year old kid, but I know how I feel.

TASTY!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10563 on: September 04, 2013, 10:15:48 AM »

Agent D., looks like our situations are pretty similar. I don't know how much it will help: but I understand. And I admire you kinda have a plan to change things. I haven't gotten that far yet...
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10564 on: September 04, 2013, 10:23:40 AM »

My future scares me in that way.

My family is small and I am by a good margin the youngest. As of yet, chances of a wife & kids are pretty low.
Meaning I'll probably end up old and alone =/
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10565 on: September 04, 2013, 10:25:29 AM »

I have friends that were in the Air Force and loved it. One was a nurse and was stationed in Japan for years. I wouldn't view the armed forces as a cop out but rather as a jump start.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10566 on: September 04, 2013, 11:34:08 AM »

I love my vita.

Been playing P4 and Star Wars pinball
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10567 on: September 04, 2013, 12:49:25 PM »

Agent D - That is a tough situation you are in.  Have you discussed it with your father?  How does he feel about it? 

Annubis - Please tell me you don't really feel that way.  Unless you are 90, I think I will have to disagree with you.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10568 on: September 04, 2013, 01:16:02 PM »

Me and my old man don't discuss feelings. Hard enough to get him to divulge details about work related things, nevermind personal issues. I can barely get him to look at a strange bump or something on my backside when I ask. Dealing with problems that are of our own design are rare in my home. Anyone elses, no problem.

TASTY!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10569 on: September 04, 2013, 01:26:02 PM »

Annubis - Please tell me you don't really feel that way.  Unless you are 90, I think I will have to disagree with you.

Well, it's a reality. Assuming nothing weird happening, I'll be the last member of my family alive.
Meaning, unless I get a wife and kid(s), Christmas will be pretty shitty when I'll be 60+
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10570 on: September 04, 2013, 04:38:34 PM »

Heh, frankly anuubis, by the time most of us hit 60, I expect either world war 3 to screw most of us over, a full revolution of the internet and how things are run regarding it and most related aspects to it, or some dimwitted fool in the presidents chair decides to blow up iraq (let's call him George W. Jr.) and in turn gets the entire world to hate and destroy america turning us into a third world country in a year or worse, same dimwit declares war and accidentally blows up the world.

I am oddly negative today.

TASTY!
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10571 on: September 04, 2013, 05:50:04 PM »

However, having played through so many video games dealing with the demise of civilization we here at RPGFan will be fine.

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10572 on: September 04, 2013, 06:47:29 PM »

Man. I know I've said this before, but...

Everyone I know from highschool is getting married and having kids, and I'm just sitting here with a fuckton of money and videogames.

I'm pretty sure if I had an significant other they'd just complain about me going to the grocery for snacks at like one in the morning.

--- edit ---

I was going to talk about my parents but I don't want to after all.

I was going to talk about other things but I forgot what I was talking about.

I am a chair.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 02:46:16 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10573 on: September 04, 2013, 08:51:01 PM »

reading all this is getting me depressed(it doesn't take much), but yeah I'm in a similar situation working part time trying to find a job to put my degree to use, without much success so far. Iono, I have this tendency to fear the future, but it's looking uncertain and I'm not the go-getter type offline.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10574 on: September 04, 2013, 09:23:40 PM »

I filed for bankruptcy because fuck the credit card debt I had.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Pages: 1 ... 703 704 [705] 706 707 ... 900 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: