Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 01:37:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334852 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 900 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 718174 times)
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10680 on: September 13, 2013, 07:49:48 PM »

My test lead asked me how much cremation services cost today.

THIS IS WHY I DON'T NETWORK.

Heh, good times. Just look him/her in the eye with a blank face and say you'll do it for $50.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10681 on: September 13, 2013, 08:24:58 PM »

What the hell, Ashton. That's pretty shitty of Nintendo.

You can't call them up and go 'wtf man?'
Nope, they just told us "nothing we can do."

Between this, the youtube shit, and the Smash Evo incident, I believe I will be buying Nintendo games used from now on.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10682 on: September 13, 2013, 09:30:13 PM »

What the hell, Ashton. That's pretty shitty of Nintendo.

You can't call them up and go 'wtf man?'
Nope, they just told us "nothing we can do."

Between this, the youtube shit, and the Smash Evo incident, I believe I will be buying Nintendo games used from now on.

Or just avoid Nintendo altogether. There's not much worth playing anymore, anyway. I still haven't found a single valid reason to buy a WiiU.

haps: It pays to be a gardener and work for a landscape company. I scored $500 worth of wall stone for free, and even had them deliver it for me. Not bad.
Of course, now I have my work cut out for me this weekend.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10683 on: September 13, 2013, 09:32:20 PM »

Or just avoid Nintendo altogether. There's not much worth playing anymore, anyway. I still haven't found a single valid reason to buy a WiiU.

Monolith's X.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10684 on: September 13, 2013, 10:07:30 PM »

Wait how can nintendo force-delete your games? I mean I could see revoking your rights to redownload them, but wiping them off your system? That's way intrusive as fuck.

I mean just curious but couldn't Nintendo intentionally brick your system/otherwise lock you out of it if they were upset with you about something?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10685 on: September 13, 2013, 10:45:22 PM »

That's something that's bothering me as well. If they see something they don't like on your system? Brick.

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10686 on: September 13, 2013, 10:45:42 PM »

Wait how can nintendo force-delete your games? I mean I could see revoking your rights to redownload them, but wiping them off your system? That's way intrusive as fuck.

I mean just curious but couldn't Nintendo intentionally brick your system/otherwise lock you out of it if they were upset with you about something?

If any of those were recent purchases, I'd try a chargeback.  Probably wouldn't work but would be worth a shot.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10687 on: September 13, 2013, 10:52:47 PM »

Dude that is some really shady shit. I would try to get any of the big game journo sites to pick up your story. I'm sure they'd be interested, especially since you technically didn't do anything wrong.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10688 on: September 13, 2013, 11:55:21 PM »

If any of those were recent purchases, I'd try a chargeback.  Probably wouldn't work but would be worth a shot.

Afaik he bought them all with money redeemed from the SMTIV+FE thing. Meaning it... wasn't actually 'real' money?

In an case:

1) If you're only allowed to redeem the code once, why doesn't it just stop you when you try to redeem a second one?
2) Why wasn't this caught until after he'd already purchased stuff?
3) And the main one I already mentioned... HOW THE HELL DO THEY HAVE THAT KIND OF ACCESS TO HIS SYSTEM, THAT THEY COULD REMOVE STUFF FROM IT REMOTELY?

Then again I guess we're in an age where console makers can selectively block legit games from running on their hardware if they, say, got mad at a certain developer. Or if they wanted to force people to upgrade their hardware.

Which is illegal but who's going to take them to court over it?

o/` I do not dream o/`

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10689 on: September 13, 2013, 11:58:14 PM »

Ah you're totes right.  Reading comprehension fail.  For some reason I thought they deleted ALL the stuff he downloaded/purchased digitally.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10690 on: September 14, 2013, 12:58:54 AM »

Ah you're totes right.  Reading comprehension fail.  For some reason I thought they deleted ALL the stuff he downloaded/purchased digitally.

They could, though.

They didn't, but they could.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10691 on: September 14, 2013, 01:49:41 AM »

Dude that is some really shady shit. I would try to get any of the big game journo sites to pick up your story. I'm sure they'd be interested, especially since you technically didn't do anything wrong.
The thing is those screens could easily be faked, so most sites probably wouldn't take. I mean, I could probably call consumer services again and record the conversation, and I'm thinking about doing that (even though a recording program for my phone would cost me $10), but I don't think it would solve anything, really.

Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10692 on: September 14, 2013, 03:51:43 PM »

So, I started playing Okami HD earlier for the second time through and the PS3 has frozen on me twice today.  Played Sly Cooper for several hours as a test and had no problems.  Never had problems with the PS3 freezing the first time I played through the game.  Any ideas?
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10693 on: September 14, 2013, 04:12:55 PM »

I started having freezing problems on my PS3 shortly before it YLODed.  Just a warning...I'm not sure what you can actually do about it other than try to keep the system as cool as possible.  And back up your saves and stuff.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10694 on: September 14, 2013, 04:44:20 PM »

So, I started playing Okami HD earlier for the second time through and the PS3 has frozen on me twice today.  Played Sly Cooper for several hours as a test and had no problems.  Never had problems with the PS3 freezing the first time I played through the game.  Any ideas?

Listen closely to the system and see if you can hear the disc drive motor going crazy before it crashes.

Didn't wake up till 2PM today for some reason.

--- edit ---

Target opens at 8AM. Think imma stay up and go there
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 03:32:03 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 900 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: