Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 08:31:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334846 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 900 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 717634 times)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10710 on: September 16, 2013, 03:49:06 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmAmAO_K8yM&feature=youtu.be

I'm putting this in various places. We'll see how it goes. It would be much appreciated if anyone who actually visits other game forums and shit to repost. I'm finding that my refusal to network online is screwing me in this case.

Being on this forum kind of counts as networking. It's just too bad the Nintendo magazine I worked for was silently murdered by its publisher (yeah, still a bit bitter, sue me...), because this whole thing would have been interesting to write about. Nintendo remotely deleting games from a system is something I find  scary as a consumer and I'm sure many would agree.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10711 on: September 16, 2013, 04:01:45 PM »

I network professionally but not personally. I don't like large circles.

In any case, I don't expect to be getting my games back. I just think it's kind of troubling that Nintendo can delete games off our systems remotely. People should know they are able to do this.

natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10712 on: September 16, 2013, 04:45:41 PM »

^^ Good thing I haven't bought a Nintendo system since the Wii, and have no plans to buy any in the future. I'd hate to have to deal with that kind of underhanded crap. Cases like this, are why I'm personally against consoles having an "always connected" requirement.

Sorry it happened, brother...
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10713 on: September 16, 2013, 07:54:38 PM »

Ashton, maybe reddit would be a good place to throw that at?

The nice thing about the Wii is that they're not patrolling it anymore, since it's old, so they're not go MESS U UP.

Anyway I figured out how to, more or less, isolate the memory locations I want in those CC gameshark codes I was trying to make. Now it's just a bunch of tedious brute forcey stuff until I get it right.

Also my copy of Lack of Love still isn't here >:|
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 08:03:58 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10714 on: September 16, 2013, 09:27:44 PM »

My video jumped from ~30 views this morning to almost 1000 views right now. Anyone who helped in getting the word out, thanks!

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10715 on: September 16, 2013, 09:46:46 PM »

^^ Good thing I haven't bought a Nintendo system since the Wii, and have no plans to buy any in the future. I'd hate to have to deal with that kind of underhanded crap. Cases like this, are why I'm personally against consoles having an "always connected" requirement.

I should be livid about this, shouldn't I? Strangely enough I don't really care. I just thought the information I gleaned was much more valuable.

natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10716 on: September 17, 2013, 10:15:18 AM »

I should be livid about this, shouldn't I? Strangely enough I don't really care. I just thought the information I gleaned was much more valuable.

It's great that you are not that upset by it. Feeling that way would only increase your stress, and still not fix anything in the end. Well done, sir. Thanks for bringing the matter to light.
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10717 on: September 17, 2013, 01:35:15 PM »

I started having freezing problems on my PS3 shortly before it YLODed.  Just a warning...I'm not sure what you can actually do about it other than try to keep the system as cool as possible.  And back up your saves and stuff.

Interesting.  What I find odd is that it works fine with disc-based games, but not with Okami HD, which is a download.  Seems like the opposite of the usual situation.

?  YLOD has nothing to do with the disc drive.

I'm just saying that most people having freezing problems with their system tend to report freezing problems with disc-based games rather than downloaded ones.  Fortunately (..sort of) Okami is the only game it happens with, so I'm not expecting any YLOD to be coming soon.

UPS is fucking terrible never using them again.

A few weeks ago I sent two packages to a friend of mine.  With two different tracking numbers.  Even though both packages were well-packed they managed to damage some of the goods in one and decided to send it back to me...

...and sent the other package  back to me, while sending the package with broken stuff along.

They then proceeded to blame the damage on "poor packaging" (bullshit), refuse to refund me, and to add injury to insult, the sorry fuckers billed me $20 and change for shipping the package back to me.

Fortunately, when they realized what a colossal fuck up they had made in sending back the wrong package they agreed to refund both the $20 they'd billed me for their fuck up and the original cost of shipment for the package.

I'm still never using those fuckers again.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 01:45:25 PM by Desert Walker » Logged
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10718 on: September 17, 2013, 10:04:14 PM »

Trying to schedule a meeting with someone that may or may not be my boss to talk about something that may or may not be a promotion that I don't want anyway.

Took Thursday and Friday off for no apparent reason.

Went to McDonalds for lunch. Ordered oatmeal just to watch the staff squirm in agony.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10719 on: September 18, 2013, 01:58:54 AM »

Ups has never let me down. Last time they fudged an order for me, they refunded me the shipping charge, and reshipped it at their cost. It was just a copy of mgs4 in a box, but yeah, damned nice of em to comp the reshipping after refunding me ( I think they missed the refund honestly)

As we all know, I am heavy, so pull ups have sort of been a steep climb for me. I successfully completed a full pull up yesterday. Pretty proud of myself for a 360 pound pull up.

TASTY!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10720 on: September 18, 2013, 07:20:15 PM »

i think my girlfriend is mad and/or frustrated with me for not putting out. she definately hinted to me strongly that she wanted to do it. but due to masturbating 2-3 times a day i wasnt receptive to it. so i decided to stop cold turkey. its been only 12 hours and i feel like im in heat but im still too shy to say anything to her :U

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10721 on: September 18, 2013, 07:24:39 PM »

I dun get it, she wants the V, you want the V.

Do eet.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10722 on: September 18, 2013, 07:45:25 PM »

masturbating 2-3 times a day

GET A JOOOOOOOOOOB.

(also wash off your doorknobs and faucets and light switches and cell phone and vidya game controllers. dang).

o/` I do not dream o/`

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10723 on: September 18, 2013, 07:45:58 PM »

Maybe she is a cam girl, ever think of that??

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10724 on: September 18, 2013, 10:37:10 PM »

I'm starting to be really fucking tired of people asking for animated web designs that are Ipad compatible.

Your shiny toy doesn't have Flash.
No, HTML5 isn't what you think.
Yes, CSS3 can do some, but not to that extend.
Yes, I can put videos, but only 1 of them at the time and you need to manually start it because that's what Apple said you need to do.

Can't wait for the device to die and be forgotten.
Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 900 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: