Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 11:46:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334638 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 899 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 710326 times)
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10755 on: September 22, 2013, 11:08:19 PM »

Went to go meet a guy for a date. He never showed up. Dating is so much fun.
That sucks donkey nut...  I'd never ditch on a movie whether it was with a stranger on the net, or super celebrity.  What movie?? :(

It was actually just a coffee date. On the bright side, I found out the coffee shop I was at makes a super awesome pumpkin pie latte.

There is no reason (except emergencies) to stand someone up.  It is so easy to call or text to cancel.   Tunnels, I think you dodged a bullet.  It is better to not go on a date with a crappy person who shows no consideration for others. 

The dating scene is tough to navigate.  On one date I spit my food out after the guy told me that chemtrails from airplanes are the govt purposefully spraying carcinogens on us as population control.  Luckily I found a great guy.  Though he isn't into hockey, he did take me to Dallas to see a Stars/Sharks game.  Sharks lost but I still had fun. 

Thanks for the sympathy. :) Yeah, I figured as much, and it was someone I met online and there really wasn't much chemistry there to begin with, so I didn't have a lot of hope for it anyway, but it kind of sucked to be completely blown off. But yeah, I gotta say, I'll take getting stood up to having to humor their crazy conspiracy theories any day! And I'm glad you found someone who makes you happy. :D

Haps: Stimulated the economy and watched it squirm.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10756 on: September 22, 2013, 11:10:22 PM »

Everyone.

I got a new computer.

It can play games.

I've never had a computer good enough to run the current games.

Tested the FF14 character thingamajigger.  BECAUSE I COULD.

WOOO!!!!

Tuns: I don't know why I assumed coffee.  I'm sorry.  Still!  Just know I know some highly trained assassins....just a phone call away

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10757 on: September 22, 2013, 11:41:24 PM »

Nice. A girl into hockey is a girl worth keeping.

That's funny because I would think the exact opposite. Women really into sports totally turn me off. Probably because I'm not at all into sports. I especially find women wearing sports jerseys unappealing. Good thing my wife fits the bill of caring about sports just as little as I do.
Like tonight, I sit down to watch My Dinner With Andre, while my brother and his nutty wife are both posting about the Bears on FB. Good movie, by the way.
Killer weather this weekend. Great for building a stone wall , and re-igniting my back pain in the process. I'm a genius.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10758 on: September 22, 2013, 11:59:18 PM »

I think it is nice when you share common interests.  Though dating someone who has different interests does expand one's horizons.  It also has drawbacks.   I don't mind my bf being into different sports than I am.  It his insistence that I  become a diehard LSU fan and watch and genuinely care about them that I don't get.  He thinks since he loves them and since I love him that I should too.  The only way I get him to drop it is telling him that with that logic he must watch all episodes of Project Runway with me. 

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10759 on: September 23, 2013, 12:31:28 AM »

I think so long as you share broad interests that's enough (eg; you like sports games, but I like rpg...but we both like games!). But more than that, it's about how you 'click' together than anything if I've come to understand whatever dating; from there, whatever similarities or differences you have are almost negligible if you can communicate and chat like champs.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10760 on: September 23, 2013, 12:59:04 AM »

Went to the zoo with my mom. She still has a great talent for making inappropriate comments/observations at the worst possible time. Dad's apparently mad at my mom for not being retired. Cousin apparently doesn't like her baby.

I said I'd go to Chicago with my parents over Thanksgiving but I think I'll just bullshit something about having to work instead.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10761 on: September 23, 2013, 01:22:12 AM »

Women really into sports totally turn me off. Probably because I'm not at all into sports. I especially find women wearing sports jerseys unappealing. Good thing my wife fits the bill of caring about sports just as little as I do.

On NFLfan.com there's some guy saying the same thing about videogame chicks. It goes without saying what I said applies and holds water only if both parties are into hockey.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10762 on: September 23, 2013, 07:32:30 AM »

I think finding a connection to share between yourself and someone is part of the fun of a relationship. Knowing you have common ground is fine and dandy, but trying some new things between each other is fun. I met a couple at my gym who hooked by working out together, and it's comical because he's like 6'2" and she's maybe 4'10", and he's big and not fat but beefy meanwhile she's pretty lean and trim. But they enjoy working out together. It's cute really.

Off to my first day of work in almost 3 solid weeks. Gotta love being freelance, it's either feast or famine here.

TASTY!
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10763 on: September 23, 2013, 10:01:53 AM »

There is no reason (except emergencies) to stand someone up.  It is so easy to call or text to cancel.   Tunnels, I think you dodged a bullet.  It is better to not go on a date with a crappy person who shows no consideration for others.

Seems very reasonable.

The dating scene is tough to navigate.  On one date I spit my food out after the guy told me that chemtrails from airplanes are the govt purposefully spraying carcinogens on us as population control.

Hah!  Even with the luck that I've had with dating--spent most of my 'prime' dating years in a city where merely making an attempt to [POLITELY] chat with someone outside of class results in them trying to work 'BOYFRIEND' into the conversation every thirty seconds until you leave them alone, killing chances of developing any friendships, never mind dating, unless you're an Adonis, a barfly, or both of the above--I'm pretty sure I'd be running for the hills or doing some serious fucking trolling if I went on a date with a girl who started talking about chem trails.  Then again, it's normally guys that are into that variety of conspiracy theory/nonsense.  Maybe if I ran into someone into astrology...

(Actually, I'd probably get bored and open up a polite line of inquiry, which is as good as trolling for most people that believe in that kind of thing.)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 10:05:23 AM by Desert Walker » Logged
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10764 on: September 23, 2013, 10:13:27 AM »

I hate relationships, I really do. I won't go on and on about it, 'cause seriously good on those who still have faith in them, but I frankly find them more trouble than they're worth.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10765 on: September 23, 2013, 10:41:37 AM »

I've been with Hugh for 5 years and I don't think its more trouble than its worth. He's my best friend and I think a lot of people think that about their husbands/wives.

If you think they are too much hassle, maybe you are trying to force it to be somethings its not.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10766 on: September 23, 2013, 07:54:52 PM »

Ugh god.

Almost time for BAGGED PINECONES and that shitty Paul McCartney song about christmas.

I really wish my apartment would turn the heat on.

--- edit ---

Oh hey.

Accidentally opened my hotmail account and I have a job offer which is rather suspect looking.

Oooooh wait I did some prodding I know what this is for. NOOOO THANKS.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 12:31:27 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10767 on: September 24, 2013, 01:49:27 AM »

My flight wasn't bad.

Row of three and only two of us in it, so there was a nice bit of space to relax.

Today I went for a medical checkup and got certified NOT insane.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10768 on: September 24, 2013, 02:47:39 AM »

I hate relationships, I really do. I won't go on and on about it, 'cause seriously good on those who still have faith in them, but I frankly find them more trouble than they're worth.

Sounds like you've only experienced bad ones.  I had a really bad one that made me swear off relationships for 8 years.  I learned from my mistakes and chose a good guy this time around.

Anyways today I went to eat lunch and discovered someone ate my food from the break room fridge.  This is the 3rd time someone has eaten my stuff.  First time someone took a twix from my locker.  2nd time some ate my instant Mac and cheese and took the plastic bag it was in.  This time it was 2 containers of pretzels and hummus.  All were labeled with my initials except the twix.  How the hell do people think this is okay?

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10769 on: September 24, 2013, 09:38:57 AM »

Happens in every communal firdge in every place I've ever worked in, unfortunately.

EDIT: Because I am the one doing it. MWahahaha

EDIT2: That's a joke.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 10:10:53 AM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 899 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: