Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 08:40:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334846 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 900 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 717653 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10785 on: September 24, 2013, 09:22:53 PM »

Get a job like mine and be busy for 8-12 hours and not take a break!

Don't worry about food and shit
F that. I guess the great thing about my job is that no matter how busy I get I can stop what I'm doing and leave for lunch. I'm supposed to get an hour lunch and I'm taking it, dammit. I'll be far more productive in the afternoon this way.
I suppose this is the difference between a job that deals with the public, and one that doesn't.  

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10786 on: September 24, 2013, 10:12:36 PM »

@Akanbe

You realize that the amount of visine, or more specifically the active ingredient Tetrahydrozoline HCL 0.05, needed to cause most of those effects would be something like an entire bottle. And yes, poisoning someone in any regard is poisoning someone regardless, but theft is theft in the same regard. Not saying fight fire with fire, but even animals will stop eating food if it gets them sick. Besides,it's a lot safer than me finding out who ate my food, it may lead to brain damage and heart failure as I beat my lunch out of them.

Seriously though, poison someone at your own risk.

TASTY!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10787 on: September 24, 2013, 10:24:22 PM »

@Akanbe

You realize that the amount of visine, or more specifically the active ingredient Tetrahydrozoline HCL 0.05,

I completely believe you knew that off the top of your head. :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10788 on: September 24, 2013, 10:25:01 PM »

All this adults stealing lunches reminds me of something.

When I was in grade school, whenever I went to the toilet and somebody didn't flush their shit, I'd go I can't wait until I get to high school and people stop being this immature.
When I was in high school, whenever I went to the toilet and somebody didn't flush their shit, I'd go I can't fucking wait until I go to college and people stop being this immature.
When I was in college, whenever I went to the toilet and somebody didn't flush their shit, I'd go I can't fucking wait until I get a job and people stop being this fucking immature.
I'm now at work, and people still don't flush their shit...
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10789 on: September 24, 2013, 10:48:33 PM »

@Akanbe

You realize that the amount of visine, or more specifically the active ingredient Tetrahydrozoline HCL 0.05, needed to cause most of those effects would be something like an entire bottle. And yes, poisoning someone in any regard is poisoning someone regardless, but theft is theft in the same regard. Not saying fight fire with fire, but even animals will stop eating food if it gets them sick. Besides,it's a lot safer than me finding out who ate my food, it may lead to brain damage and heart failure as I beat my lunch out of them.

Seriously though, poison someone at your own risk.

^^Then you probably shouldn't have written "you can't get in trouble for it. Not like you intetionally [sic] poisoned a co-worker".  Also, you don't need a whole bottle to make someone sick.

"In June 2006, five Wisconsin high school students trying to pull the Visine prank poured about a quarter of a bottle of the eyedrops into a classmate's water. The victim spent several days in the hospital recovering from reactions to the poisoning that included a dangerously low heart rate and blood pressure. Each of the five "pranksters" pleaded no contest to misdemeanor counts of battery and disorderly conduct and received sentences of 18 months' probation and 60 hours of community service"

It's difficult to say how much damage 3-5 drops could do to someone due to varying factors, but it's still stupid and reckless considering even a light hospital bill costs $432423809890534534 dollars in this country.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10790 on: September 24, 2013, 11:19:07 PM »

3-5 drops is about the amount you'd use in your eyes, where it eventually runs through the bloodstream and out of your body,therefore that amount in your stomach will simply give you a case of curry shit

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10791 on: September 24, 2013, 11:46:13 PM »

All this adults stealing lunches reminds me of something.

When I was in grade school, whenever I went to the toilet and somebody didn't flush their shit, I'd go I can't wait until I get to high school and people stop being this immature.
When I was in high school, whenever I went to the toilet and somebody didn't flush their shit, I'd go I can't fucking wait until I go to college and people stop being this immature.
When I was in college, whenever I went to the toilet and somebody didn't flush their shit, I'd go I can't fucking wait until I get a job and people stop being this fucking immature.
I'm now at work, and people still don't flush their shit...

At my university, they'd just go on the seat.

Every goddamn day.

On every goddamn toilet.

And sometimes in the shower stalls.

re: Agent D. - You're also assuming they have no existing vascular illnesses, allergies, or sensitivities. And that they aren't on any drugs that would interact with it. And that intentionally poisoning someone out of revenge is even remotely ethical.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10792 on: September 25, 2013, 01:17:43 AM »

Far less dangerous solution:

Get some of that dye that's normally invisible but glows under UV light, put it all over whatever container your food is in, then after lunch go around with a UV light and shine it on people's hands and stuff to find the culprit.  They won't be able to make much of a defense after that.

You will, however, look like a complete spaz for walking around shining a UV light on people...

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10793 on: September 25, 2013, 02:04:08 AM »

I was going to recommend putting a live current into the lunchbox but that's also how I deal with people who use my pens without asking me, so...

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10794 on: September 25, 2013, 10:52:58 AM »

Don't worry, I am not poisoning anybody.  I talked to a few coworkers and they have had the same thing happen to them.  Whoever it is, he/she is eating prepackaged food that can't be tampered with.  Also the invisible ink thing won't work as the fridge is always full and requires rearranging to fit stuff in it. 

Dirty toilets/bathrooms are my worst nightmare.  For those that don't flush, I have always wondered if they do that at home.  At work there is a mystery pooper that poops on floors.  It must be a man since my bf saw a pile of crap in the men's public bathroom.  Poop was also found in various lobbies.  Practical joke or disturbed person?  Can't see it being an employee.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10795 on: September 25, 2013, 12:02:00 PM »

Don't worry, I am not poisoning anybody.  I talked to a few coworkers and they have had the same thing happen to them.  Whoever it is, he/she is eating prepackaged food that can't be tampered with.  Also the invisible ink thing won't work as the fridge is always full and requires rearranging to fit stuff in it. 

Dirty toilets/bathrooms are my worst nightmare.  For those that don't flush, I have always wondered if they do that at home.  At work there is a mystery pooper that poops on floors.  It must be a man since my bf saw a pile of crap in the men's public bathroom.  Poop was also found in various lobbies.  Practical joke or disturbed person?  Can't see it being an employee.

I HATE THE TOILET SITUATION SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH.

Honestly, we're adults, we (LITERALLY) take care of the shit in our homes, FLUSH YOUR TOILET, IT'S NOT HARD.  I actually want to catch someone in the act so I can't punch them out as appropriate punishment.  Unless you lost both your arms up to the shoulder blade, I don't want any excuses on that.

As for the food, put moldy food in the lunch box, flip it so you can't see the green fuzz, and have them eat that.  Or do the dog food thing.

I swear, it's so hard to find simple and basics of etiquette and manners sometimes.  I realize my posts aren't helpful, but I believe in Ashton's solution in that you've missed really basic point of common curtosy and completely forgot about the Golden Rule -- it's so fucking simple, and if we did it, the world would be 10000000000000x better.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10796 on: September 25, 2013, 12:07:41 PM »

So NY comic con is coming up in like 2 weeks. Anyone going?

TASTY!
natros
Misanthropic Humanist

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10797 on: September 25, 2013, 12:22:27 PM »

At work there is a mystery pooper that poops on floors.  It must be a man since my bf saw a pile of crap in the men's public bathroom.  Poop was also found in various lobbies.  Practical joke or disturbed person?  Can't see it being an employee.

Mad Poopah!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10798 on: September 25, 2013, 12:27:05 PM »

Things Agent D. should be banned from discussing:
-Relationships and advice on relationships
-Medical haps
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10799 on: September 25, 2013, 12:54:12 PM »

Yoda, I greatly desire to give you an atomic wedgie, just because I feel that it's the perfect amount of pain inflicted in contrast to your negative comments.

Also, you're a wiener.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 900 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: