Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 06:25:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330173 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 877 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 674635 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10890 on: October 01, 2013, 10:04:32 PM »

Best friend's daughter died couple of days ago...she was 26...man....bummed is an understatement

I'm terribly lucky in some ways that my family (ma, pa, bro) are alive.  But I can't even imagine the sorrow a parent has to face when losing a child.  The idea that a child is supposed to bury their parents, not the other way around, certainly rings in my head right now.

My sympathies to your friend (from your local RPG forum).

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10891 on: October 01, 2013, 10:50:09 PM »

Went to the Gap and went crazy since I had a coupon for 30% off.  Grabbed 20 shirts before I looked at my coupon and saw it wasn't valid until Thursday.  What sucks is that I wear an xs and they only had one shirt in my size for all the different styles. When I go back in 2 days they might not even have my size.  But I couldn't buy $200 worth of stuff without the coupon.  It could have been even more since I wasn't even done shopping.  I still hadn't hit the men's side for my bf.  If I found as much for him then hat would be like $400.  I don't know if any of you do this but I relate prices to video games.  I was like that's a price of a ps4.  What's more important: clothes or a console?   You don't even need clothes to play video games!  (I'm kidding of course.)

You must visit Vancouver - I am always steamed because the M, L, and XL are the first to go and the sale racks are full of XS and S.

Bytor, that must be really hard. Sudden accident or something? You never expect someone that young to go.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 10:52:09 PM by Aurian » Logged
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10892 on: October 01, 2013, 10:55:17 PM »

Wish I had some friends in my area to, you know, do stuff with, but I never know where to go to meet fellow nerds/gamers/geeks/etc. And when I do know where to go, most nerds/geeks/gamers  my age around here already have their own tight knit groups that aren't about to have any open positions anytime soon.

That and all my friends in the past have sucked and turned me off from making any effort to have friends, so that's probably a problem as well.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10893 on: October 01, 2013, 11:13:51 PM »

Best friend's daughter died couple of days ago...she was 26...man....bummed is an understatement

I'm terribly lucky in some ways that my family (ma, pa, bro) are alive.  But I can't even imagine the sorrow a parent has to face when losing a child.  The idea that a child is supposed to bury their parents, not the other way around, certainly rings in my head right now.

My sympathies to your friend (from your local RPG forum).

TYVM Dice, he needs any and all good vibes he can get right now, poor guy is devastated.

Everything's Eventual
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10894 on: October 02, 2013, 02:39:12 AM »

Oh, has anyone noticed that sizes have gotten bigger as America does?  I know Gap has altered the sizes.  I wear a size 0 or 2  in pants but I have size 4 pants from decades ago I can't squeeze into.  I used to wear medium shirts but now it's xs.

I have an XXS shirt from EDC that fits perfectly, but there's not way I can be XXS. XXS, that's the kind of size you'd expect on a twiglike 14-year-old. I have stuff like muscle and boobs.

Sometimes I wish there were stores with just clothes in size XS-M, but then I realise people would find that unhealthy and offensive.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10895 on: October 02, 2013, 03:57:13 AM »

@Bytor: My condolences. I hope your friend can move on eventually, but losing a kid must be a horrifying experience. I know losing a parent is no picnic, for sure. It may mean very little to him at this point, but I wish him the best from here on.

@clueless and tomara: How can you wear XXSmall shirts and size 0 pants? Women's clothes are confusing. Wouldn't a size 0 mean you have no waist? Scary shit....so glad I'm not a girl, you all seem to have it way harder than needed.

TASTY!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10896 on: October 02, 2013, 04:09:35 AM »

Actually guy shirts are the same thing. I used to wear medium, now I have to wear small.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10897 on: October 02, 2013, 04:15:46 AM »

Actually guy shirts are the same thing. I used to wear medium, now I have to wear small.
What the fuck dude, eat a goddamn hamburger you skinny bastard.

TASTY!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10898 on: October 02, 2013, 04:37:03 AM »

For an Asian guy I'm actually really wide. I can't wear pants made for Asians because Asians typically have very bony asses, whereas my ass is meaty for an Asian, so when I try I end up splitting the ass seams. It is incredibly frustrating.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10899 on: October 02, 2013, 04:49:46 AM »

For an Asian guy I'm actually really wide. I can't wear pants made for Asians because Asians typically have very bony asses, whereas my ass is meaty for an Asian, so when I try I end up splitting the ass seams. It is incredibly frustrating.
I have blown out more crotches in pairs of pants than I care to admit, so I know how you feel. Sucks being bigger than the genetic average.

TASTY!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10900 on: October 02, 2013, 04:57:14 AM »

I have blown out more crotches in pairs of pants than I care to admit, so I know how you feel. Sucks being bigger than the genetic average.
Not really. It just makes it slightly more difficult to find clothes that fit well. My shoulders and chest are also weirdly proportioned in relation to Asian standards, so I'm kinda screwed in the shirt department too.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10901 on: October 02, 2013, 06:52:00 AM »

@Bytor: My condolences. I hope your friend can move on eventually, but losing a kid must be a horrifying experience. I know losing a parent is no picnic, for sure. It may mean very little to him at this point, but I wish him the best from here on.

@clueless and tomara: How can you wear XXSmall shirts and size 0 pants? Women's clothes are confusing. Wouldn't a size 0 mean you have no waist? Scary shit....so glad I'm not a girl, you all seem to have it way harder than needed.

We don't really have a size 0 over here, but the pants I need a are small enough that there's often not much to chose from. The childrens' section does have clothes in the right size but most are to wrong fit, since I have actual curves and shit.

S/M/L doesn't mean much anyway. I'm fairly short and not overweight, and I guess that makes me part of a minority when it comes to clothing sizes. I used to be S/M, but the new S/M is a bit taller and heavier than me, so now I'm XS/S. And twenty years from now, if I keep my figure, I might be XXS.
unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10902 on: October 02, 2013, 10:37:04 AM »

Having an ass is still better than no ass though. ;)

We don't really have a size 0 over here, but the pants I need a are small enough that there's often not much to chose from. The childrens' section does have clothes in the right size but most are to wrong fit, since I have actual curves and shit.

S/M/L doesn't mean much anyway. I'm fairly short and not overweight, and I guess that makes me part of a minority when it comes to clothing sizes. I used to be S/M, but the new S/M is a bit taller and heavier than me, so now I'm XS/S. And twenty years from now, if I keep my figure, I might be XXS.

The whole size-label-business confuses me.
xxs is not something i have ever come across, though xs/34(EU)/6(UK) is easy to find. According to the labels though, that is supposed to correspond to US size 2-4, so unless the conversion is way off, I assume it would actually be easier to find smaller clothes there if size 0 is a standard size?

I'm skinny, but above-average height, so it usually becomes more of an issue of balancing a decent fit versus a hem-length I feel comfortable wearing in public. I can imagine being really short and really skinny must be rough. Unless you love kids' clothes. :/
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10903 on: October 02, 2013, 10:54:01 AM »

Sometimes I buy L (sometimes just for that nice loose fit too), sometimes I have to go M (usually due to bust and hips), and others I'm good to go small. 

Sizes definitely feel arbitrary, and I love when sites ACTUALLY measure the top's bust and total length.  VERY rarely they also give the model's weight/height; which is handy because sometimes a nice hip-length shirt goes way higher because the model they used was 5-foot-nothing.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10904 on: October 02, 2013, 11:05:21 AM »

I have an impossible time finding the right size pants. I'm 6' 1" and only 145#'s, so I'm tall and skinny. I wear 31 waist, and 34 length, which is not carried by ANYone. I mostly have to custom order from Lands End or someplace like that. Every now and then I'll find a random 31/34 pair in Wally Mart, of all places, but they're cheap crap that don't last as long.
I used to wear size L shirts, but finally had to admit I'm an M. Losing 20#'s over the years due to a chronic illness forced me to. I've been slowly replacing all my clothes.
It seems everyone has at least one clothing related issue.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 877 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: