Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 07:47:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338410 Posts in 13853 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 910 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 742814 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10920 on: October 03, 2013, 05:11:14 PM »

Well, my clothing issue is that
(1) I am a woman who is almost 6 feet tall
and
(2) For some reason tall clothes are either baggy or for women with no curves. Pants/trousers are the worst since most are too short for me and don't accomidate an hourglass easily (at least not without buying a size too big to fit my butt and then taking in several inches off the waist so it doesn't gape).

Oh and all the XXS at the sales rack :p

Yeah, my girlfriend is 6ft. She's constantly having trouble finding clothes. rediculous. Clothing industry is so screwed up. I know many 6ft women, and the stores act like they don't exist.

It's not that they don't. It's that the shouldn't. I am surprised low flying birds haven't killed anyone over 5'10. All ya'll are too tall!

Tall women freak me out, so I'm with you, joking or not. My wife is 5' 8" and that's tall enough. Then she wears super high heels and suddenly we're eye to eye. Weird.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10921 on: October 03, 2013, 08:24:47 PM »

Toronto is awesome
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #10922 on: October 03, 2013, 10:10:00 PM »

Tall women freak me out, so I'm with you, joking or not. My wife is 5' 8" and that's tall enough. Then she wears super high heels and suddenly we're eye to eye. Weird.

And that's a bad thing?

Seriously, I've never noticed that I had any leaning towards height in women. I mean, I've seen women who seem tall and mal-proportioned... like really skinny or tinny head, and just freak me out, but that's different, because you can have the same thing with short women too. I ended up with a tall girl (about 2 inches taller than me), but I really never noticed. People in my family are tall in general, so I'm probably used to it.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10923 on: October 03, 2013, 11:13:26 PM »

Being 6'1" ish, I don't mind tall women....since they're rarely taller than me. Honestly, the clothing situation around the world is hideous. Everything should be made of sweatpant material so that 1 size can fit all.

TASTY!
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10924 on: October 04, 2013, 12:43:17 AM »

Being 6'1" ish, I don't mind tall women....since they're rarely taller than me. Honestly, the clothing situation around the world is hideous. Everything should be made of sweatpant material so that 1 size can fit all.

I'd love stretchy material for all hats then.  I guess I have a big head or something, because one size definitely doesn't fit all.

Toronto is awesome

Guess you gotta live there.  But ah well, glad you're enjoying it!   :D

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10925 on: October 04, 2013, 12:56:52 AM »

Steam's been in Japanese for months for me. Livestream ads I get are in Finnish. I have no idea what I fucked up.

Current hobby for the week is bombarding myself with a stream of constantly shifting but increasingly meaningless stimuli. I think most people regards vacations as time to relax or do something. I just view this as an unpleasant endurance run that's still somehow preferable to the alternative.

--- edit (Septober 35) ---

Had some cereal bars for breakfast. Drinking a can of mate and listening to Phoenix. Thinkin' about going to the conservatory and wondering what's up with the water pressure in my apartment.

Also Youtube isn't play anything more than like a minute of a given video for me. Any video. No idea what's with that.

--- edit ---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_P5w3IByqk

WELCOME TO HELL.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 06:48:49 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10926 on: October 04, 2013, 08:49:32 PM »

Had an ok day

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10927 on: October 04, 2013, 08:53:48 PM »

Had an ok day

ok

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10928 on: October 04, 2013, 09:03:29 PM »

Pee on them brains.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10929 on: October 04, 2013, 09:35:55 PM »

Had an ok day

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10930 on: October 04, 2013, 09:54:06 PM »

Here is an excerpt from the Scots New Testament for you guys.

"This is the storie o the birth o Jesus Christ. His mither Mary wis trystit til Joseph, but afore they war mairriet she wis fund tae be wi bairn bi the Halie Spírit. Her husband Joseph, honest man, hed nae mind tae affront her afore the warld an wis for brakkin aff their tryst hidlinweys; an sae he wis een ettlin tae dae, whan an angel o the Lord kythed til him in a draim an said til him, “Joseph, son o Dauvit, be nane feared tae tak Mary your trystit wife intil your hame; the bairn she is cairrein is o the Halie Spírit. She will beir a son, an the name ye ar tae gíe him is Jesus, for he will sauf his fowk frae their sins.”

Aa this happent at the wurd spokken bi the Lord throu the Prophet micht be fulfilled: Behaud, the virgin wil bouk an beir a son, an they will caa his name Immanuel – that is, “God wi us”.

Whan he hed waukit frae his sleep, Joseph did as the angel hed bidden him, an tuik his trystit wife hame wi him. But he bedditna wi her or she buir a son; an he caa’d the bairn Jesus."

Such a beautiful language.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10931 on: October 04, 2013, 10:46:54 PM »

"This is the storie o the birth o Jesus Christ. His mither Mary wis trystit til Joseph, but afore they war mairriet she wis fund tae be wi bairn bi the Halie Spírit. Her husband Joseph, honest man, hed nae mind tae affront her afore the warld an wis for brakkin aff their tryst hidlinweys; an sae he wis een ettlin tae dae, whan an angel o the Lord kythed til him in a draim an said til him, “Joseph, son o Dauvit, be nane feared tae tak Mary your trystit wife intil your hame; the bairn she is cairrein is o the Halie Spírit. She will beir a son, an the name ye ar tae gíe him is Jesus, for he will sauf his fowk frae their sins.”

Aa this happent at the wurd spokken bi the Lord throu the Prophet micht be fulfilled: Behaud, the virgin wil bouk an beir a son, an they will caa his name Immanuel – that is, “God wi us”.

Whan he hed waukit frae his sleep, Joseph did as the angel hed bidden him, an tuik his trystit wife hame wi him. But he bedditna wi her or she buir a son; an he caa’d the bairn Jesus."

I'm gonna try reading that after a bottle of whiskey,see if it helps.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10932 on: October 04, 2013, 11:10:56 PM »

For some reason I can't stop reading that in the voice of the "I was goin' ta bone mah girlfriend and she said there wass no wai" character from Family Guy.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10933 on: October 04, 2013, 11:27:37 PM »

Reminds me of Conde Petie! :D

Being honest; I had such a BIGGER, GRANDER day in mind.  I'm actually kinda sad my day turned out as it did, it was not at all how I pictured.  For one:  The fucking sun was all like "fuck this".  I planned on having a car.  I planned on sight seeing.  I also planned on not having to call a night because I'm in the heat of midterms, and I also dreamed of having money to throw at strippers or some other venture.

I didn't go to plan AT ALL

.. but still a damn good day in spite of it!

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10934 on: October 05, 2013, 04:11:53 AM »

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6c/Oak-wine-barrel-at-toneleria-nacional-chile.jpg

Experiencing pareidolia over this. Also giggling cause the two barrels on the left background appear to be gossiping about something. Bottom pair of bolts on the center barrel are really creeping me out. Barrel on the right looks ostracized for some reason -- or maybe it's giving the center barrel space.

I am ascribing personalities to barrels help.

--- edit ---

I wonder how much miniature barrels cost.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 04:14:33 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 910 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: