Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 02:02:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335276 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 900 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 726164 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10935 on: October 05, 2013, 09:39:49 AM »

Twitter is pissing me off. Four times this week it has asked me to reset my password, despite there being no indication that my account was hacked. Just to be safe after the third time I set up SMS verification security, got no texts when I wasn't trying to access my own account, and it still asked me a fourth time to reset my password. Infuriating.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10936 on: October 05, 2013, 10:31:57 AM »

Maybe they were fake password reset requests and you got phish'd :v

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10937 on: October 05, 2013, 10:53:58 AM »

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6c/Oak-wine-barrel-at-toneleria-nacional-chile.jpg

Experiencing pareidolia over this. Also giggling cause the two barrels on the left background appear to be gossiping about something. Bottom pair of bolts on the center barrel are really creeping me out. Barrel on the right looks ostracized for some reason -- or maybe it's giving the center barrel space.

I am ascribing personalities to barrels help.

--- edit ---

I wonder how much miniature barrels cost.

I hate to say it but that barrel has been cheating on you

I mean, shit, it's a total whore
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10938 on: October 05, 2013, 09:09:20 PM »

Went to my ex-boss's wedding. It was okay; first wedding I've been too since my age was in the single digits. I basically knew no one but the few of my coworkers who also came, and when all of us just sat in silence for 10 minutes while everyone else was socializing around us, I knew it was time to book it. And wedding traditions are weird. Not bad weird or good weird, just weird.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 09:12:20 PM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10939 on: October 05, 2013, 09:29:01 PM »

So i've been going to the gym for about a year now, and I can safely say that having referenced myself vs a few old pictures....I have an issue seeing myself as having changed much. It's odd, I see my muscles have changed, my stomach's smaller, my double chin is less doubley....but all I really see is the same thing I saw a year ago, 2 years ago, a decade ago.

The mind really hates change...

TASTY!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10940 on: October 05, 2013, 09:41:37 PM »

It's probably body dismorphia, when you hate your body for long enough you trick yourself into thinking it always looks bad. Just gotta work on some positive thinking. :)

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10941 on: October 05, 2013, 10:55:51 PM »

Went to my ex-boss's wedding. It was okay; first wedding I've been too since my age was in the single digits. I basically knew no one but the few of my coworkers who also came, and when all of us just sat in silence for 10 minutes while everyone else was socializing around us, I knew it was time to book it. And wedding traditions are weird. Not bad weird or good weird, just weird.

That's what all of my cousins' weddings were like. Last one was like, oldest cousin showed up drunk, second oldest cousin showed up slightly buzzed, youngest cousin was, uh, getting married... also the groom's friends were kind of douchey.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10942 on: October 05, 2013, 11:31:55 PM »

It's probably body dismorphia, when you hate your body for long enough you trick yourself into thinking it always looks bad. Just gotta work on some positive thinking. :)
Yeah, but I don't HATE my body persay, I'm fairly proud of what it's been through and what it's held up against. I know I'm a fat person, but at 395 pounds back in the day, I could still work manual labor for 12 hours solid, keeping pace with guys half my size. I think it's more like the thing where if you take your glasses off, you look so different almost to the point of not recognizing yourself. 35ish pounds lighter, less flab, and hands that don't look like sausage holders anymore.....but I still see the same guy there. Idk if I am upset by this, or indifferent. But I'm affected by it.

Meh, I'll just go work out some more.

TASTY!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10943 on: October 06, 2013, 05:18:02 AM »

Man, I just discovered ebookjapan.jp and I could not be happier.  The URL is pretty self-explanatory, I think. So what's the big deal?  Well, I buy a lot of books from Japan and I'm kind of sick of paying for all that international shipping (as a percentage of price, it's much much worse for books than for games or something...).  Ebooks would seem like a sensible solution if it weren't for the fact that the region restrictions implemented by most ebook stores are positively draconian.  They generally don't even consider the possibility that somebody outside of Japan would want to buy a Japanese book...

But ebookjapan.jp doesn't do any of that bullshit.  I don't need a Japanese billing address, nor do I have to use a VPN or something to pretend I'm in Japan.  Heck, their Android app is even available on the US Google Play store, so I don't have to fake my region with Google Play or sideload it or something.  It's as if they're treating me as an actual customer!  It's kind of sad that that's enough to excite me, but I'm so used to having to jump through hoop after hoop and basically sneak my way through in order to legally purchase things...

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10944 on: October 06, 2013, 11:18:57 AM »

Yeah, but I don't HATE my body persay, I'm fairly proud of what it's been through and what it's held up against. I know I'm a fat person, but at 395 pounds back in the day, I could still work manual labor for 12 hours solid, keeping pace with guys half my size. I think it's more like the thing where if you take your glasses off, you look so different almost to the point of not recognizing yourself. 35ish pounds lighter, less flab, and hands that don't look like sausage holders anymore.....but I still see the same guy there. Idk if I am upset by this, or indifferent. But I'm affected by it.

Meh, I'll just go work out some more.
My wife would hate me for talking about her, but...
She has the same issue. She's lost 100#s(!) ever since she took up running and exercising 4 or 5 years ago. You look at pictures of her before, and at her now, she's basically a different person. The problem is that she's stuck now. She wants to lose about 40 more, and her body is being stubborn over it. I think a part of the problem is all the weight lifting she's done along with the cardio stuff. She's full of muscle now.
I think she looks great, but she still sees herself as fat. Hell, going by technical terms she would still be classified as "obese", which is SOOO not appropriate in her case. She could kick your ass, run a marathon, then come home and do an ungodly amount of burpees, whatever the hell those are.
I tell her how great she looks, and how proud I am of all she's accomplished, but I get the feeling she doesn't believe me. It's up to HER to accept herself first. Same with everyone.

Looks like a nice Fall-like day today. Weather went from 80s and humid yesterday to cool and 60 today. Crazy. Time to load up the ipod and get out there.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10945 on: October 06, 2013, 12:15:47 PM »

Agent D, just drink a lot of caffeine and sleep deprive yourself into being convinced you don't exist.

That's what I do!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 12:40:00 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10946 on: October 06, 2013, 04:55:51 PM »

A damn fine morning!

And now studying!

...*cries*

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10947 on: October 06, 2013, 05:54:53 PM »

It was a good morning
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10948 on: October 06, 2013, 10:26:43 PM »

Fucking hell.

Bought a copy of Endless Ocean 2 at Gamestop yesterday and they put an EO1 disc in the case. Fffffffff. Gonna have to go to another gamestop to swap it out.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10949 on: October 07, 2013, 04:26:21 AM »

I'm convinced they only hire illiterate people at GS.

(Except Dice, who is SMRT)

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 900 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: