Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 09:34:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319703 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 739 740 [741] 742 743 ... 837 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 594905 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11100 on: October 25, 2013, 07:41:50 PM »

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DPDC/deadly-premonition-the-directors-cut

I hope my PC can run that :T

--- edit ---

Okay but seriously.

My apartment uses coin op laundry, which is fine, but I never have any quarters.

Meaning I have to go to the bank and buy quarters -- with money I already have, at that /very same bank/ -- so that I can spend them. What the hell?

Thanks, Obama.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 10:20:30 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11101 on: October 26, 2013, 08:04:33 AM »

I think when you get an e-mail from your project manager praising you for your output you're supposed to feel proud or humbled or at the least complimented, because it is a complimented.

Except when I get one this afternoon? My first thought is that my output isn't considerably better than my coworkers. It's better, objectively, sure, but not that much, and some (a lot?) of that's just because the arbitrary nature of the metrics.

No, what I'm actually thinking here is that my test lead's tapping me for these things because... some bullshit office politics, I don't know. I feel like he thinks highly of me for some reason and wants to mold me in his image for my benefit. I, frankly, think the guy's a passive-aggressive, misogynistic jackass with an inflated sense of self-importance.

Congratulations on getting complimented at work Mesh.

EDIT: That wasn't sarcasm by the way.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11102 on: October 26, 2013, 07:21:38 PM »

I think when you get an e-mail from your project manager praising you for your output you're supposed to feel proud or humbled or at the least complimented, because it is a complimented.

Except when I get one this afternoon? My first thought is that my output isn't considerably better than my coworkers. It's better, objectively, sure, but not that much, and some (a lot?) of that's just because the arbitrary nature of the metrics.

No, what I'm actually thinking here is that my test lead's tapping me for these things because... some bullshit office politics, I don't know. I feel like he thinks highly of me for some reason and wants to mold me in his image for my benefit. I, frankly, think the guy's a passive-aggressive, misogynistic jackass with an inflated sense of self-importance.

Congratulations on getting complimented at work Mesh.

EDIT: That wasn't sarcasm by the way.

I honestly believe in the power of a good compliment.  Too few really get circulated.  I'd tell people at work all the time what I liked (I'd only say it if I meant it, of course); a nice necklace, fancy shirt, or whatever else.

At work, even though I hated most of the jobs, a compliment can really make you feel like you're glowing.

....Nice avatar, Darlion!

Mesh, I think you're one of those great fellas that's all strange but rare.  Keep it up!

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11103 on: October 26, 2013, 08:03:47 PM »

It's more that I've never seen most of my coworkers getting acknowledged for what THEY do, and they work hard as hell. It's a team effort -- everyone has to pull their weight and everyone IS.

And in those situations, recognizing a few people for maybe doing /slightly/ better comes off as more of an insult to everyone else on the team than anything.

And I don't like that.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11104 on: October 26, 2013, 08:11:32 PM »

It's more that I've never seen most of my coworkers getting acknowledged for what THEY do, and they work hard as hell. It's a team effort -- everyone has to pull their weight and everyone IS.

And in those situations, recognizing a few people for maybe doing /slightly/ better comes off as more of an insult to everyone else on the team than anything.

And I don't like that.

Yeah I suppose that would be.  In general to have achievements glossed over is hardly something I can grin and bear, and certainly unnoticed team effort can be just as bad for morale.

Sorry Mesh,I know you have enough complaints about your work

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11105 on: October 27, 2013, 06:07:09 AM »

Oh hey, it turns out Layer Section got a PC port based on the Saturn version, which runs about a tenth of the cost despite probably being a lot more rare.

Yay for old PC games being utterly devalued on eBay.

--- edit ---

Basically it's 6AM, I'm tweaked out on yerba mate, and I'm buying weird shit from the 90s on eBay, because otherwise I'd have to go outside to buy weird shit from the 90s and it's /really cold outside/.

So now I can stay home and do laundry. Yay.

Also my apartment gave me 100 bux for being like the only goddamn person to renew my lease on time.

The irony of this is that if I hadn't been buying other stupid shit on eBay, I totally would have not been checking my mailbox at all, and would've missed the lease renewal notification entirely, because usually they don't go out until December.

tl;dr, I have turned my mailbox into a Skinner Box

Also I was fucking around with the canvas texture in SAI and it kind of looks gross at the level of strunction I had it strussled up to.

I don't know if that's supposed to be a relaxing sunset, or a mushroom cloud emerging from behind a smoking aircraft carrier. I'll leave that as an exercise to the readers.

HUMDINGER.

--- edit 2 ---

Basically I had nothing to eat except fruit, yogurt, bread, and rice today. And a lot of caffeine. So I'm like, hungry. And caffeinated. I should drink something that's not caffeine. I feel dangerous!! Let's do something dangerous!! Let's READ BOOKS!!

--- edit 3 ---

Do Halls count as a drug? Can I hand them out to trick-or-treaters? What about Ricolas? Do they sell individually-wrapped bakers chocolate?

--- edit 4 ---

Oh, re: Dice.

In general to have achievements glossed over is hardly something I can grin and bear, and certainly unnoticed team effort can be just as bad for morale.

That's the thing. I really, really haven't achieved anything above and beyond what my job description is. I'm really just doing my job, and I can't think of a single thing I would have done that could have warranted additional praise.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 12:28:10 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11106 on: October 27, 2013, 11:11:57 PM »

For my birthday today we went to one of my favorite places on earth, The Morton Arboretum, and saw a Theater Hike about Dracula. It was a lot of fun, and well done. Really nice day for it, too.
Nan got me a compost tumbler, which I've been wanting for quite a while. A few other things, too, but no game, oddly enough. She always gets me a game. No biggie, though. I'll just order what I want from Amazon. I was thinking of getting the newer DMC game. Looks fun.
I'm working only 3 days this week.  I'm off on Halloween, like I always am(tradition for Nan and I), and off Friday to go with Nan to Indianapolis for the Monumental marathon. Never been there before, so I'm curious.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
natros

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11107 on: October 28, 2013, 03:12:03 PM »

Nice!! Always wanted to give this one a go, but never got a chance to play the console version...
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11108 on: October 28, 2013, 07:33:37 PM »

compost tumbler

I read that and parsed it as like... compost tumblr, and I'm just like, WTF?

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11109 on: October 28, 2013, 11:34:49 PM »

I'm thinking about cancelling my PS4 preorder...

I have way too much going on w/ current gen and life in general to justify that.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11110 on: October 29, 2013, 05:06:11 AM »

Bench pressed 335 pounds today. Pretty pleased with myself.

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11111 on: October 29, 2013, 09:43:19 PM »

Shortly after I got off of the bus, on the way home from work, I walked into the Kroger near my apartment, to by dinner. While walking in, a woman stops and says 'hi.' I don't recognize her, so I look around, see nobody else there, and wonder what that was about. When I get inside, she says hello again. I still don't recognize her. She asks me if I was in the OSU linguistics department. Aaand I did take some linguistics classes, two or three years ago, but I still don't remember who she was.

Though I think she might've been the TA from one of the theoretical phonology classes I never gave a shit about?

I don't know why but it made me feel distant, because it reminded me of a course in life I never went down, and because it reminded me of how bad I am at making personal connections and how good I am at forgetting other people exist.

I need to clean -- we have apartment inspections on the 31st -- but I'd rather just chill out and play some TG16 virtual console stuff.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11112 on: October 29, 2013, 09:51:46 PM »

...so did you at least acknowledge her?

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11113 on: October 29, 2013, 10:06:05 PM »

She was dinner

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11114 on: October 29, 2013, 11:57:54 PM »

...so did you at least acknowledge her?

No, I just stared at her and grew a beard.

I think I can gauge my mood by what I order from Noodles & Company. Specifically in terms of how loopy my orders get.

Baseline - Japanese Pan Noodles.
Depressed - Macaroni and Cheese, with udon instead of macaroni.
Ecstatic - Japanese Pan Noodles without sauce and a few sides of sriracha. And then I dip them like fries.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 739 740 [741] 742 743 ... 837 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: