Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 03:31:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318867 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 833 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 586774 times)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11190 on: November 07, 2013, 02:59:15 AM »

In the Netherlands cats were fair game during the Hunger winter of WOII. They called them 'dakhazen' (roofhares), a handy little eufemism just in case some little kid wanted to know what kind of meat was in the stew. Hopefully roofhares tasted as good as chicken.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11191 on: November 09, 2013, 08:58:08 PM »

No more Blockbuster by mail, so I decided to finally take the Netflix plunge. Too bad the streaming barely has any of the movies I want to watch. So I'm going to have to sign up for the DVD/Blu by mail as well. For some reason, I got the impression that streaming was all I needed nowadays.  Guess not. No biggie, really, as I'll be getting both for the same price I was paying just for the movies by mail.
Awesome weather today, if a tad windy. Tons of leaves to shred up and spread over the garden. I can't stand seeing people lining up bags of leaves along the street. USE THEM!

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11192 on: November 09, 2013, 10:40:40 PM »

^ Stop your complaining, American.  You should see Canadian Netflix.  A few gems aside it's about as barren as our country generally is. 

I've been dizzy the last few days on and off.  And sure, a nice daze is great when you're doing fuck all; but I have two papers to write this week and reading notes while your head is spinning isn't helping.  My dad was a real dick about it saying it's because I don't eat enough (which might be true; but I'm dizzy now and ate just an hour before) than maybe ask if I feel ok or I should see a doctor.  Same thing happened when I got an ingrown [and infected] toenail... He told me basically to "walk it off", till one day I was pale, hurting, and my toe was as red as a tomato before my mum drove me to Emgerg to get it looked at.

I love my dad, but he's a real ass-head sometimes.

I've been really taking it easy this second half of the semester. I miss drawing and I'll be damned if school gets in the way (at least, I'm not really in it to achieve high grades; I'm doing "fine" and I really don't feel like stressing out more than that for an "amazing" grade).

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11193 on: November 10, 2013, 12:26:29 AM »

I get dizzy whenever the weather changes suddenly. So basically all of the past three weeks. Also cold air does weird shit to my ears in general I guess.

Saw someone at McDonalds last night that looked like someone I knew from highschool. I avoided acknowledging them, just in case.

--- edit --

Uuuuh fuck there's some Wii games I want at the Grove City gamestop but that's a two hour busride away. On the other hand grove city is sort of charming.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 01:41:52 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11194 on: November 10, 2013, 01:59:45 PM »

File photo:

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11195 on: November 10, 2013, 08:24:08 PM »

On the other hand grove city is sort of charming.

Grove City is an awesome town.  The Spanish restaurant near the outlets is really good.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11196 on: November 10, 2013, 08:27:29 PM »

I am starting to think half of RPGFan live within walking distance of each other.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11197 on: November 10, 2013, 08:31:39 PM »

I am starting to think half of RPGFan live within walking distance of each other.

I feel that way about Canadian 'Fanners who seem to be in Quebec or the Coast... on close member is now in Korea (I think).

I get dizzy whenever the weather changes suddenly. So basically all of the past three weeks. Also cold air does weird shit to my ears in general I guess.

Good to know, maybe just the changing weather and stress are getting to me.  I still wouldn't mind gettng it looked into if it keeps up.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11198 on: November 10, 2013, 10:00:05 PM »

Grove City is an awesome town.  The Spanish restaurant near the outlets is really good.

I'm talking about Grove City, Ohio, not Grove City, Pennsylvania.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11199 on: November 10, 2013, 10:26:12 PM »

So I've been trying to pick a week to challenge myself in being 100% positive for the entire week, but it's not going well. This week is smack dab in the middle of football season, I just started endgame content in FFXIV, and people are talking about BlizzCon. The following three weeks are going to be hell at work. So I guess I won't be able to attempt this with any chance of success until December.

Perhaps I am as jaded as I fear I may be.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11200 on: November 10, 2013, 10:57:40 PM »

Why don't you start small and try to be positive for a day and then build up to a week?  I'm a generally positive person but even I can't be positive 100% of the time.  I think the key is that if something happens, you can't let it affect your whole day and other parts of your life.  You have to deal with it and move on and not let it fester inside you.  Of course that is easier said than done.  I struggle with worrying sometimes.

Oh some fellow Ohioans.  As a child, I lived near Dayton.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 11:03:44 PM by CluelessWonder » Logged

Currently Playing:  Fate/Extra, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Thief
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11201 on: November 11, 2013, 02:08:06 AM »

I'm talking about Grove City, Ohio, not Grove City, Pennsylvania.

I hear what you're screaming.

Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11202 on: November 11, 2013, 08:23:23 AM »

I just realized that on another forum I check, the ranks, based on posts, are:
- strong member
- great member

*cue schoolgirl giggle*
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11203 on: November 11, 2013, 10:41:01 AM »

So it turns out vidya are cheaper on eBay than from Gamestop, which saved me a two hours bus ride out to a strip mall in the middle of nowhere.

It'd be cool if you could get nosebleeds on command. That'd be awesome when the staff at Gamestop/Best Buy is harassing me for looking like a thief or something.

Fuck I want waffles. Why aren't there any Perkins around here. God.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11204 on: November 12, 2013, 03:14:12 PM »

So I'm working at the roosevelt hotel for the next 3 days as stagehand/video assistant for an awards show for billboard magazine. Set up tonight, show runs wednesday and thursday. Roger Waters is a presenter among other less cool people, so could be interesting.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 833 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: