Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 02:15:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338031 Posts in 13840 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 908 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 739195 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11520 on: December 28, 2013, 07:16:09 PM »

Homeless guy forced me to buy him like 45 bucks worth of booze/cigs and I went along with it because it seemed like the only 100% safe way out of the situation :T Maybe I should've told him to fuck off, except on the chance he was armed or looking for a fight that could've been a very bad choice. Bleugh.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11521 on: December 28, 2013, 08:01:17 PM »

I really wish I could figure out an explanation as to why when someone mangles a thought into that "doge" meme sentence structure I just want to punch something really hard. I find it so infuriatingly annoying and I don't know why. It's just a harmless random meme that will go away soon enough and yet I hate it so so much.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11522 on: December 28, 2013, 08:36:29 PM »

Had to goggle doge meme since I've never heard or seen it.  Apparently I missed several memes this year.

Caught a bug so I'm on bed rest.  Been playing on my ipad and 3ds.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11523 on: December 28, 2013, 10:54:42 PM »

I was having a pleasant day at Grandma's house, until I ate a diet cookie, which I think had Splenda. I'm allergic to splenda. Within an hour, I had a migrain (which I still have right now), and everyone's voices were too loud (or at least it seemed too loud because of the migrain).

...Actually now my whole head is numb and a bit tingly. Not sure if that's a good thing or not...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11524 on: December 29, 2013, 11:20:47 AM »

We have to leave in a few minutes to drive 2 1/2 hrs to visit with Nan's relatives. Basically, a delayed Christmas family reunion. Yeah, I'm incredibly excited. I just hope there's a decent meal, and some decent wine there. At least I'm off work until Thursday.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11525 on: December 31, 2013, 12:31:32 AM »

I started working out today. I don't want to get ripped, just get in better shape, so I am starting slow. I biked 3 miles. I am going to do that every day and then work my way up to further, and then some running and other stuff. I have to wait for my stomach to heal before I start doing any strength stuff with weights. I am just really tired of the weight I gained in the last 10 years.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11526 on: December 31, 2013, 03:44:37 AM »

Does anyone else feel like Steam sales are screwing with gamers' pricing expectations for video games?

o/` I do not dream o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11527 on: December 31, 2013, 04:04:42 AM »

For me it's just on Steam itself. When I see a game for 50% in the eShop, PSN or a regular store, I think 'Hey, that's a good deal'. But on Steam it's like 'Just 50? I'm not going to pay for a game that isn't atleast 70% off!'
unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11528 on: December 31, 2013, 06:27:03 AM »

For me, I wouldn't say steam is the sole contributor. I have racked up more bargains from humblebundles and delicious gog.com bundles than steam so far, but it probably has more to do with me being more of a console gamer(/peasant), so most of my pc-gaming consists of indie-games and really old rpgs and adventure games. Also the fact that I only use a shitty laptop kind of limits how crazy I can go for the steam sales.
While PSN sales aren't as good, you do have people waiting for sony first party games to end up as freebies on ps plus.

I am a total cheapskate, but I don't really understand why people buy stuff at launch for 60 dollars, when most games drop in price so quickly if you have a bit of patience :/
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11529 on: December 31, 2013, 10:40:56 AM »

Yeah, I just bought Alan Wake on steam for 90% off. Not bad. No, Steam sales don't influence my thinking in regards to other game pricing, but that could be because I really don't do a lot of PC gaming.
I'm with Mr. Pumpkin, in that I very very rarely pay full price for a game. That's just the hype train getting to people. let it pass, and you can get the same game cheaper a couple months later. I have enough games to play that I don't need to be buying anything day one.

The best part about being on vacation is SLEEP. Oh, how I love it so. The worst part about being on vacation is how it spoils you for sleep, and then you have to go back to work. Fuck getting up at 5:30 Thursday morning. UGH.
We probably won't even stay up until Midnight tonight. No point, really. We hardly do anymore. But then you get the morons blowing off fireworks that wake you up anyway. I just love jerks who assume that EVERYone is up celebrating. Although, I've been staying up that late the past week anyway, with gaming and movies.

EDIT: Why the hell do I keep getting an ad on the side for the Pitbull fragrance? What the hell? I've never bought anything like that in my life. Weird.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11530 on: December 31, 2013, 11:26:04 AM »

EDIT: Why the hell do I keep getting an ad on the side for the Pitbull fragrance? What the hell? I've never bought anything like that in my life. Weird.

I have no idea, because I'm getting those ads, too, when I'm not attempting to be sold cars (since I was looking recently).

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11531 on: December 31, 2013, 02:04:53 PM »

Visiting my family is pretty much eating all my Christmas holiday up to now.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11532 on: December 31, 2013, 03:49:40 PM »

over the holidays my sleep pattern has become very irregular, waking up at much later hours than i am accustomed to (probably has to do with not setting an alarm).

Haven't really had much time to game as I thought I originally did, I guess that's what happens when you burn through 4 seasons of Downton Abbey >_>

Woke up early this morning to spend New Years on the phone with my fiancee, and had a massive headache from I don't know what.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11533 on: December 31, 2013, 08:10:09 PM »

I hate my job but the free time I have during vacation is even worse.

HERPY NERBER!!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 12:14:13 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11534 on: January 01, 2014, 01:16:32 AM »

Happy New Year!!!

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: