Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 07:44:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329449 Posts in 13498 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 876 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 662831 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11550 on: January 02, 2014, 12:58:01 PM »

Some people are so horrid. Ugh. My little sister has her first job in KFC, and she's doing really well there. I thought I would go see her and get a cup of tea while she was working. She told me she had the worst day yesterday because she accidentaly spilled some coffee on a woman, and the woman later rang up and complained about her, saying that my sister spilled it on purpose and that she was flicking pennies at her.

I know it's impossible for you guys to know, but my sister is the kindest, gentlest person on Earth. It is completely outside of her nature to do something like that. When I was a waiter in a hotel I accidentaly spilled coffee on a woman, so I know how awful that makes you feel, but at least i wasn't complained about and then lied about. Fucking assholes.

As Edea would say, mrgrgr...

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11551 on: January 02, 2014, 02:24:48 PM »

I once greeted a customer in Radioshack by saying "good morning sir, how can I help you out today?". The customer turned around and it was a woman. Two days later my boss told me I had been written up for being rude to customers. It was really shitty of me, and I was very remorseful for it since I only said it as a force of habit, but point is people get their jollies by getting other people into problems. It's fucking terrible, but pretty typical, so I can definitely get how you feel goosey, especially since it's family.

(In my defense, she looked like a dark haired drew carey. if she didn't have breasts I would have assumed she was a guy.)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 02:26:42 PM by Agent D. » Logged

TASTY!
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11552 on: January 02, 2014, 04:09:26 PM »

Went out this morning and bought Persona 4 Golden, it, Little Lady and Vita disappeared into bedroom 3 hours ago.....oh well.

Everything's Eventual
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11553 on: January 02, 2014, 06:08:37 PM »

Klyde - I tried FFXIII and I did not like it.  I couldn't force myself to finish and I have no interest in the other games.  If I needed to know what happened I'd just look it up on the Internet. 

I really appreciate your taking the time to respond to my madness, Clueless. Your advice is sound. I envy your ability to not force yourself to completion. I feel waist deep in FFXIII and fear the only way out is through at this point...

My mind does shit like that too :( This is partially why I hardly complete games ever, why I'm prone to just *collecting* games and impulse buying stuff (I'm not a fan of the Nomura flavor either, but I bought TLS for some reason), and why I get these caffeine induced mood swings so much (Caffeine: I CAN FOCUS. Caffeine Crash: I HATE EVERYTHING).

In other news, where the hell are they getting the money for these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Little-Pony-FIM-WhiteDove-Creations-Flutterbat-plushie-/201013103350

In other news, my parents keep making references to Duck Dynasty that I don't get because I haven't had cable television since 2010.

Also what's with these ads I'm seeing lately where they have someone drawing on a real/fake white board, and delivering some lengthy narrative about whatever they're selling? Why has this formula become popular?

Yes sir Mesh. Secretly now, for quite awhile, I have suspected (based on your posts) that you and I have similar "quirks" in a manner of speaking.

I feel very comforted in some sense that you "get" what I am talking about though... makes me feel like I'm not alone in my madness.

Finally my conclusion on the matter? I need to play FFXIII-2. I did all but align the stars in the sky to see this trilogy through and after the hell I went through in XIII to finish that, and then the amount of material I poured over to really undertstand it I just cannot abandon it now. Good or bad, hate it or otherwise, I think I need to play it.  Ultimately NOT playing it will devalue any enjoyment I can get out of Vesperia at this point.

I have however learned a valuable lesson about myself through all this, and vow to never craft or schedule gaming agenda's based on anything other what I like. I should have learned my lesson with Kingdom Hearts. And while I ended up appreciating it in the end, I had to torture myself to do so.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11554 on: January 02, 2014, 10:46:12 PM »

I am finally back home for good.
Nobody else to go see.
No more social left.

I am locking myself home and playing Hate Plus.
God help any poor soul that would dare to interrupt me.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11555 on: January 02, 2014, 11:02:16 PM »

Just finally got over a sickness that took a heavy toll on my health. That's the thing about me that I dislike; while I am rarely ever sick, when I do get sick, it is very debilitating. Now that I'm over it, I can actually do stuff.

I celebrated Christmas a little later than usual because of the sickness, but that's okay because what my fiancee got me for Christmas made up for being sick! She got me an Olympus VN-702PC Digital Voice Recorder, Legend of Zelda: A Link between Worlds, and the third volume to Orphen.

Enjoyed Orphen volume 3, haven't touched Zelda yet, but the Digital Voice recorder was a real treat! While the highest recording setting is 192 kb, it is excellent for my needs as I need it more for oral notes and musical ideas. A wonderful gift that I truly enjoy! :)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11556 on: January 02, 2014, 11:36:22 PM »

I am finally back home for good.
Nobody else to go see.
No more social left.

That was a terrible haiku.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11557 on: January 03, 2014, 03:49:44 PM »

Some people are so horrid. Ugh. My little sister has her first job in KFC, and she's doing really well there. I thought I would go see her and get a cup of tea while she was working. She told me she had the worst day yesterday because she accidentaly spilled some coffee on a woman, and the woman later rang up and complained about her, saying that my sister spilled it on purpose and that she was flicking pennies at her.

I know it's impossible for you guys to know, but my sister is the kindest, gentlest person on Earth. It is completely outside of her nature to do something like that. When I was a waiter in a hotel I accidentaly spilled coffee on a woman, so I know how awful that makes you feel, but at least i wasn't complained about and then lied about. Fucking assholes.

I almost got fired from my first job because I wouldn't take shit from customers. I really hate the "customer is king" philosophy, because the "customer is a puckering asshole" is more apt.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11558 on: January 03, 2014, 05:20:51 PM »

I almost got fired from my first job because I wouldn't take shit from customers. I really hate the "customer is king" philosophy, because the "customer is a puckering asshole" is more apt.

100%.  I hate when they get their way because of a fear for a bit of lost business.  It's the epitome of not teaching a child a lesson when it happens and letting them get away with it.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11559 on: January 03, 2014, 06:35:34 PM »

Studies have shown very few people are really trying to scam you though. I have been in the hospitality/restaurant business in varying degrees for over sixteen years now. The vast majority of time customers simply want to know that management cares. It's all about how you approach the table and how willing you are to listen and show concern. Now, thus admitted there are those customers who are simply unreasonable but honestly I'd say I have to deal with those kind of people once a month at most. Now I am not in fast food so I know the clientele we get is a bit better and my company has a good reputation which helps but I have always trained my managers to listen first, then talk, be fair but be firm and know that the vast majority of the time people just want to vent. training the staff in what to do in various situations is a big help as well. I empower my staff to be problem solvers, don't make a big deal out of a small problem BUT know when they need to get me involved.

Everything's Eventual
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11560 on: January 03, 2014, 06:45:56 PM »

When I was a waiter most people were very forgiving and nice. I even remember a group of old ladies from Yorkshire who came for breakfast each morning and requested me and wanted to know which days I was working mornings. They were funny and would quiz me about the surrounding area. Management really didn't care what I was doing, but I found being personable made MY day go faster, and kept my mood up.

Though yeah, some real nasty folks out there. For instance, if someone wanted tea, I had to use the tea machine in the kitchen. I brought a guy a pot of tea and he was BALLISTIC at me, said the tea was cold and I should get him a fresh one. So I went back to the machine, made sure the water was hot and gave him it again. He threw another hissy fit at me, I apologised and said I would make him a pot myself. So I had to use a regular non-industrial kettle in the kitchen and make this guy his pot of tea while also trying to tend to about 10 other tables.

The other people at his table though tried to talk him down, saying the tea was warm and it isn't a big deal, but the guy wasn't having any of it. Ugh. Tramatic memory. Worst thing is it was my first job and I am NOT used to being spoken to like that, so for a few days afterwards I thought I had done something wrong.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11561 on: January 03, 2014, 07:23:27 PM »

My dad complains if his food is even remotely cold.

Even if it's something that... is supposed to be served warm/room temp.

I'm pretty sure he does this just to annoy people. He also likes to complain about his food containing too much cilantro -- whether it contains cilantro or not.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11562 on: January 03, 2014, 07:25:32 PM »

100%.  I hate when they get their way because of a fear for a bit of lost business.  It's the epitome of not teaching a child a lesson when it happens and letting them get away with it.

That goes both ways, though. There have been way too many instances at my retail jobs when showing the customer a bit of compassion has been kicked to the curb in the pursuit of a little extra profit. Working at Gamestop, I'm sure you know that unless it's about selling someone a pre-owned product, it's frowned upon to try and save a customer some money.

Even with the pre-owned stuff, My assistant manager basically encourages all employees to just give people a pre-owned copy of a game without making sure it's what they want. I agree customers should be a little more forgiving to their service providers, but at the same time sometimes retailers are just asking for a little backlash.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #11563 on: January 03, 2014, 09:17:50 PM »

Oh god this so fucking much. I've yelled at customers when my boss was right there. Because if they're being that shitty to me, don't think I'll fucking take it for any amount of money.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11564 on: January 04, 2014, 12:37:18 AM »

Oh god this so fucking much. I've yelled at customers when my boss was right there. Because if they're being that shitty to me, don't think I'll fucking take it for any amount of money.

I have a hard time dealing with asshole customers/clients as well, which is why I've never gone after a promotion into a full time sales job(a position I would easily get). I can bullshit just fine, but I just can't deal with the rich clients we cater to who haven't been told "no" by someone in years. I'd be in the owners office in a matter of days. I'll stick with my comfortable behind the scenes gig where I rarely have to deal with clients. Better for everyone that way.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 876 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: