Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 03:22:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330095 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 877 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 672243 times)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11565 on: January 04, 2014, 03:17:46 AM »

I always try to be nice to the people working retail or customer service, but I guess I can be a bit cruel when people make really dumb mistake and do very little to try to fix it.

A few years ago, I bought a game at a store that was nearly an hour away (which is a lot by Dutch standards) but I had good experiences with. There was a new guy behind the counter that time. When I got home I found out he had put the wrong game in the box. I called back the store and they told me they could easily exchange it if I brought it back to the location I bought it at. Which sucked, because the game was like 20 and bus plus train fare was 10 at best. But I did go and made the guy who made the mistake fill up my nearly empty stamp card so I'd get a 25% off my next purchase.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11566 on: January 04, 2014, 03:21:02 AM »

I always try to be nice to the people working retail or customer service, but I guess I can be a bit cruel when people make really dumb mistake and do very little to try to fix it.

A few years ago, I bought a game at a store that was nearly an hour away (which is a lot by Dutch standards) but I had good experiences with. There was a new guy behind the counter that time. When I got home I found out he had put the wrong game in the box. I called back the store and they told me they could easily exchange it if I brought it back to the location I bought it at. Which sucked, because the game was like 20 and bus plus train fare was 10 at best. But I did go and made the guy who made the mistake fill up my nearly empty stamp card so I'd get a 25% off my next purchase.

This reminds me of when I was trying to get a copy of Endless Ocean 2.

Store 1: They had the case, but no the disc for some reason.
Store 2: They had both but when I went back a week later it was gone.
Store 3: They had both but they put the wrong disc in the case.
Store 4: They had the disc but no case but Store 3 and 4 were both Gamestop so I got stuff all put together correctly eventually.

I have like three copies of Layer Section for similar reasons.

--- edit ---

Dear Canada,

http://boingboing.net/2014/01/04/canadian-libraricide-tories-t.html

WHAT THE FUCKING SHIT IS THIS BULLSHIT? YOU USED TO BE THE GLORIOUS LIBERAL PARADISE FOR AMERICAN EXPATS AND NOW YOU'RE MAKING US LOOK GOOD BY COMPARISON.

Sincerely,
-- This mofo.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 05:32:53 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11567 on: January 04, 2014, 05:36:03 PM »

This reminds me of when I was trying to get a copy of Endless Ocean 2.

Store 1: They had the case, but no the disc for some reason.
Store 2: They had both but when I went back a week later it was gone.
Store 3: They had both but they put the wrong disc in the case.
Store 4: They had the disc but no case but Store 3 and 4 were both Gamestop so I got stuff all put together correctly eventually.

I have like three copies of Layer Section for similar reasons.

No cases are a huge problem for me... I used to travel around to all the game stores in my area to find a case if one of my games was without. Then I finally realized I had a decent enough quality printer (for my art) that was more then capable of doing the necessary printing to craft any case I need so long as I can procure the art for it.

Speaking of art....

... I LOVE doing portraits mainly because all the "work" is essentially done for you already. You just focus and recreate exactly what you see embellishing key contrasts to make it look a bit more aesthetic....

HOWEVER...

I HATE when I have to do a portrait of someone I've never met, with a wallet sized photo reference.... it causes my brain to hurt and ellipses to run amuk amidst my posts...

Anyhow, this was friday night for me.

tricky business

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11568 on: January 04, 2014, 07:01:45 PM »

Welch's, a company that has yet to make a product that I don't find delicious, now has jelly filled licorice that is very, very yummy.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11569 on: January 05, 2014, 12:34:40 AM »

High of -26F with windchill on monday, low of -39F after windchill. Don't wanna work from home again, but... -39F windchill?

And then I was looking at the weather for Bowling Green, Ohio, and they've got a low of -48F with wind chill on Tuesday I think. What the HELL?

Sans wind chill the temperatures are a... moderately more reasonable -15Fs, but still. Damnguangm.

Also I just watched Felidae. That was a thing.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 12:38:21 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11570 on: January 05, 2014, 12:54:29 AM »

High of -26F with windchill on monday, low of -39F after windchill. Don't wanna work from home again, but... -39F windchill?

And then I was looking at the weather for Bowling Green, Ohio, and they've got a low of -48F with wind chill on Tuesday I think. What the HELL?

Sans wind chill the temperatures are a... moderately more reasonable -15Fs, but still. Damnguangm.

I went running yesterday in a windchill of -5. About 5 miles after that poor decision I began to truly become concerned for my well-being. I am compulsive about my running and I have to go every day. I have for years. Days like yesterday really make me question my judgement...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11571 on: January 05, 2014, 12:03:17 PM »

Dear Canada,

http://boingboing.net/2014/01/04/canadian-libraricide-tories-t.html

WHAT THE FUCKING SHIT IS THIS BULLSHIT? YOU USED TO BE THE GLORIOUS LIBERAL PARADISE FOR AMERICAN EXPATS AND NOW YOU'RE MAKING US LOOK GOOD BY COMPARISON.

Sincerely,
-- This mofo.

Don't look at me, I didn't' vote for the wanna be Republican with the dead eyes and attempt at Donald Trump's hair.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11572 on: January 05, 2014, 12:27:32 PM »

Sometimes, I wonder why political assassinations just don't happen (here) anymore.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11573 on: January 05, 2014, 12:52:42 PM »

I went running yesterday in a windchill of -5. About 5 miles after that poor decision I began to truly become concerned for my well-being. I am compulsive about my running and I have to go every day. I have for years. Days like yesterday really make me question my judgement...

Same weather here in the Chicago area. My wife is a VERY devoted runner, and does the same thing, Klyde. She was out running this morning in the cold and snow. She's nuts, but I give her props for dedication.

Yeah, woke up to a winter wonderland today. Another 7" of snow so far, on top of the 8 or so we already had on the ground. It's stunningly beautiful out there! I went out and took a bunch of pictures before it gets too cold. Supposed to drop down to -17 tonight. High of -12 tomorrow. Plus all those nasty windchills Mesh talks about.
I'll definitely be staying in the rest of the day. Good day for gaming, reading, and hot cocoa.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11574 on: January 05, 2014, 06:57:02 PM »

In the long running 'you know what grinds my gears' serie:

Developers who leave junk files in their final built.

I'm looking at you Hate Plus.
Do you really have to make everyone who downloads the game download 0 byte files and all the useless .DS_Store files?

I think there's something about Mac devs that's worst since I've seen tons of games who leave the .DS_Store files and .MACOSX folders in the final built while very few Win games have Thumbs.db.
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11575 on: January 05, 2014, 08:24:00 PM »

Sometimes, I wonder why political assassinations just don't happen (here) anymore.

Because they're too busy playing Assassin's Creed?
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11576 on: January 05, 2014, 10:36:18 PM »

I kind of feel like making a short visual novel to show people's latent psychopathic tendencies.

Maybe I should learn Renpy for that. As far as I know, Renpy is pretty easy to figure out.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11577 on: January 05, 2014, 11:20:24 PM »

Went to Canada again. This time I actually went to Vancouver. It was fun. A bit frustrating, but good. The reason for the frustration is that I am trying to be just friends with the woman of my dreams that does not have similar feelings about me.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11578 on: January 05, 2014, 11:31:02 PM »

Went to Canada again. This time I actually went to Vancouver. It was fun. A bit frustrating, but good. The reason for the frustration is that I am trying to be just friends with the woman of my dreams that does not have similar feelings about me.

I had that with two fellas.  Try and try as I might and with all the social graces I have (sort of) I doubt I'd ever win those fights.  You win some, you lose some.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11579 on: January 06, 2014, 12:03:52 AM »

New Olive Oil and Vinegar shop opened near my work, bye bye paycheck!

Everything's Eventual
Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 877 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: