Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 05:48:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335316 Posts in 13729 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 900 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 726830 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11580 on: January 06, 2014, 12:24:15 AM »

Went to Canada again. This time I actually went to Vancouver. It was fun. A bit frustrating, but good. The reason for the frustration is that I am trying to be just friends with the woman of my dreams that does not have similar feelings about me.

I had that with two fellas.  Try and try as I might and with all the social graces I have (sort of) I doubt I'd ever win those fights.  You win some, you lose some.

I find it difficult at times. We dated briefly and the she said she didn't have romantic feelings for me. We didn't hang out for a few months, but then we started hanging out again to watch football. She is cool and fun to hang out with, so I push my romantic feelings aside just to hang out.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11581 on: January 06, 2014, 12:44:48 AM »

New Olive Oil and Vinegar shop opened near my work, bye bye paycheck!

Haha sometimes it's the little things, huh?
I expect a Haps post in the future about some delicious food eaten!

Went to Canada again. This time I actually went to Vancouver. It was fun. A bit frustrating, but good. The reason for the frustration is that I am trying to be just friends with the woman of my dreams that does not have similar feelings about me.

I had that with two fellas.  Try and try as I might and with all the social graces I have (sort of) I doubt I'd ever win those fights.  You win some, you lose some.

I find it difficult at times. We dated briefly and the she said she didn't have romantic feelings for me. We didn't hang out for a few months, but then we started hanging out again to watch football. She is cool and fun to hang out with, so I push my romantic feelings aside just to hang out.

Give it time.  I've been in a similar circumstance, you just kinda ride it out.   But I hope you can find something else in the future and we hear about your bragging about it then. :)

Worst case, online dating (like, the actual good websites) are...almost disturbingly good at matching.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11582 on: January 06, 2014, 08:05:56 AM »

It is raining pretty badly over here. Like flood level bad. Thankfully I live in the middle of the Island so it is not too bad here. Wouldn't like to be near the coast right now.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11583 on: January 06, 2014, 10:27:04 AM »

Go to work. Immediately get sent home because the Michigan government offices are closed because snow.

fff

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11584 on: January 06, 2014, 10:27:45 AM »

I kind of feel like making a short visual novel to show people's latent psychopathic tendencies.

Maybe I should learn Renpy for that. As far as I know, Renpy is pretty easy to figure out.

If you are interested in that sort thing I'd recommend "The psycopath test" by Jon Ronson. It's a pretty light non-scientific take on the concept, but it's a quite funny and interesting book.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11585 on: January 06, 2014, 06:05:38 PM »

I need some advice on an affordable but decent PC gamepad. Mine is starting to break.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11586 on: January 06, 2014, 06:15:38 PM »

I need some advice on an affordable but decent PC gamepad. Mine is starting to break.

360 controller or Dualshock
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11587 on: January 06, 2014, 10:31:25 PM »

Planning a trip to Japan to celebrate completing my PhD (and because I have enough airline miles for a free trip, so why not).  Probably going to do a lot of skiing in Hokkaido.  The snow there is amazing.

Because I'm taking some time off before I start working...and it's weird having all this free time.  I'm so unconstrained I don't know what to do with myself.  Obsessively playing KanColle probably isn't the best use of my time...

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11588 on: January 07, 2014, 02:28:15 AM »

Planning a trip to Japan to celebrate completing my PhD (and because I have enough airline miles for a free trip, so why not).  Probably going to do a lot of skiing in Hokkaido.  The snow there is amazing.

Sooo, we're best buds!  Didn't you know?!  BEST BUDS GO ON TRIPS TO JAPAN!  YAY....   :C

School is back on.  I pray for a good semester.  Speaking of which, I went to a Christmas Mass with my dad today.  Pardon the blasphemy, but jesus Christ it was long.  But I went for him; it means a lot to him and no one goes with him and we got coffee after.  I had a killer headache so now I'm buzzed on my headache meds and enjoying a calm night (no class on Tuesdays...thank Christ, it's like -30˚ tonight, and I can't imagine tomorrow 'warming up').
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 03:32:32 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11589 on: January 07, 2014, 03:29:15 AM »

Sooo, we're best buds!  Didn't you know?!  BEST BUDS GO ON TRIPS TO JAPAN!  YAY....   :C

You're welcome to come if you pay your own way...I hope you're not expecting handouts ;)

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11590 on: January 07, 2014, 10:43:20 AM »

What kind of best bud are you, Kevadu.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11591 on: January 07, 2014, 04:32:23 PM »

Curious folks, has anyone ever experienced motion sickness, dizziness or nausea from a specific game?

I never have, until now. I finally figured out why I'm having such a hard time with FFXIII-2. After as a little as a half hour of play I start to feel sick.... I thought this was because I didn't like the game, but I have confirmed that is not the case. The camera during battle somehow makes me feel sick.

Let me repeat I HAVE NEVER experienced this. I have played many looooong game sessions before, with lots of different titles. Nothing from Chrono Trigger to Alice Madness returns to Mario 3d world or Zelda Wind Waker made me feel physically ill.

I'm at the point where I actually may, for the first time ever, youtube the movie version of this and Lightning Returns.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Like, if I play more will can I grow "used to it"? This is sort of disheartening for me... Although I didn't love this game, I was pretty determined to make it through for the sense of completion and move onto part XIII.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11592 on: January 07, 2014, 04:48:11 PM »

I don't know why FFXIII-2 would be a problem for you Klyde, but I know plenty of people who have similar complaints about first person games.  It's a fairly common problem there.  Of course FFXIII-2 isn't first person so I don't know how related that would be.

Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11593 on: January 07, 2014, 04:57:31 PM »

I don't know why FFXIII-2 would be a problem for you Klyde, but I know plenty of people who have similar complaints about first person games.  It's a fairly common problem there.  Of course FFXIII-2 isn't first person so I don't know how related that would be.

Acutally, in spite of my limited experience with them, I don't recall first person games doing this to me at all.

This truly is the first time I've ever experienced this type of thing. Come to think of it, the only thing I can compare it too is how the salt and pepper shaker makes me feel at carnivals.

I'm really frustrated/scared with it to be honest.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11594 on: January 07, 2014, 05:00:02 PM »

Has it happened from the beginning or just recently? Might be best to shelve the game for a week or two and maybe try again later.

Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 900 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: