Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 03:27:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327135 Posts in 13390 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 868 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 635884 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #11610 on: January 08, 2014, 07:33:43 PM »

Went to Canada again. This time I actually went to Vancouver. It was fun. A bit frustrating, but good. The reason for the frustration is that I am trying to be just friends with the woman of my dreams that does not have similar feelings about me.

My city sucks anyway.

Re: nausea, I get this in literally every first-person game.. and the Batman Arkham games. It's why I can't play Fallout or Skyrim in first-person, and why I zoom the hell out in Final Fantasy XIV... also so I can SEE THE DAMN AoEs as a melee class. (Someone tried to tell me I should go into first-person and do a dragoon!Jump. I said only if they wanted me to vomit.)

I was hellbent on playing the Metroid Prime games though, and took Gravol (Canada's less extreme version of dramamine) when I played. Did this for a few other games too. I really should get some more and beat Dishonoured and other stuff. Those meds make me either sleepy or hungry or both though, and the ginger-based ones are weak. :(

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11611 on: January 08, 2014, 11:05:51 PM »

Went to Canada again. This time I actually went to Vancouver. It was fun. A bit frustrating, but good. The reason for the frustration is that I am trying to be just friends with the woman of my dreams that does not have similar feelings about me.

My city sucks anyway.

The city was great. We got lost, but it wasn't a bad lost. We just sort of drove around and ended up at some mall. We walked around and were decidedly American when we went into stores. We had a great time.

We even bought some Kinder Eggs, in America kids are too stupid to know they don't eat the toys, so they aren't sold here.

I haven't told her how I feel since we started hanging out again. I want to, but I worry it will make things awkward and not hang out anymore. She is cool people, not just from a romantic view, but on a friend level (some people call this "Friend-zoned"). She made it clear when we last had the conversation she didn't have romantic feelings towards me, so why risk it? I wrote this on my Facebook about my predicament-

Sometimes it's important to weigh how saying something will make you feel versus how it impacts another person. Even if what i want to say is truth and makes me feel better if it makes someone else feel bad is it worth it? If there is the possibility that they won't take it well, even if it isn't negative, is it worth saying? Is my relief at getting something off my chest worth making another person uncomfortable or unhappy, when all I want is for them to be happy, are my feelings more important? If I say yes does that make me a narcissist? Or does it make me human? Does it make me a martyr if I don't say it and struggle and suffer with my feelings? Which is better? To be open and honest for my own sake or to struggle and push the feelings down for theirs... I don't have the answer and I probably never will, but I am judged regardless.

So part of the problem is we stopped hanging out for awhile and then she texted me and wanted to hang out again, so I am all sorts of conflicted. Also, since her, I have compared everyone to her, and no one measures up. It's not that I intend to, but she just has all the check marks on my mental date list checked off, well, except for the wanting to date me part, of course.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 11:14:21 PM by Daggerstrike » Logged

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11612 on: January 09, 2014, 02:15:13 AM »

I was hellbent on playing the Metroid Prime games though, and took Gravol (Canada's less extreme version of dramamine) when I played. Did this for a few other games too. I really should get some more and beat Dishonoured and other stuff. Those meds make me either sleepy or hungry or both though, and the ginger-based ones are weak. :(

I TOTALLY understand. I would, without a doubt, require some dramamine to play XIII-2. And I give you credit friend, because I must draw the line there... dramamine (or anything that makes me drowsy) is not a measure I'm willing to take, that stuff makes me feel just as bad in completely different respect.

Thank you for sharing your experience though. I really did think I was the only one who experienced anything like this.

Sometimes it's important to weigh how saying something will make you feel versus how it impacts another person. Even if what i want to say is truth and makes me feel better if it makes someone else feel bad is it worth it? If there is the possibility that they won't take it well, even if it isn't negative, is it worth saying? Is my relief at getting something off my chest worth making another person uncomfortable or unhappy, when all I want is for them to be happy, are my feelings more important? If I say yes does that make me a narcissist? Or does it make me human? Does it make me a martyr if I don't say it and struggle and suffer with my feelings? Which is better? To be open and honest for my own sake or to struggle and push the feelings down for theirs... I don't have the answer and I probably never will, but I am judged regardless.

I'm not gonna pretend to know or understand people. Likewise, I readily admit I am horrible in relationships. Regardless though my take on it is as follows. You must always honor how you truly feel, and if you truly feel a need to express adoration for another human being the key is doing so an appropriate manner. In other words, the way you express your love for another is what makes it respectful and appropriate or not. Such expressions are not black and white. There are number of ways to show and tell love without making it awkward. The grand puzzle in the matter of social interaction is ultimately always finding the appropriate ways to display ones own nature and true feelings WITHOUT jeopardizing or offending other involved parties. But NEVER do I think it appropriate to bottle up feelings until your feel as though you want to burst.

In short, always express how you feel just never do so inappropriately is my take on such matters. For a way that satisfies your need to display your feelings without ever jeopardizing the well-being of another.

But like I said, I don't really know what the hell I'm talking about so my advice may not be the best. And I do have a tendency to botch the whole thing and over-express myself in the interest of being clear about how I feel. I've never been good at biting my tongue when it comes to that type of thing.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11613 on: January 09, 2014, 08:44:35 AM »

I haven't told her how I feel since we started hanging out again. I want to, but I worry it will make things awkward and not hang out anymore. She is cool people, not just from a romantic view, but on a friend level (some people call this "Friend-zoned"). She made it clear when we last had the conversation she didn't have romantic feelings towards me, so why risk it? I wrote this on my Facebook about my predicament-

So part of the problem is we stopped hanging out for awhile and then she texted me and wanted to hang out again, so I am all sorts of conflicted. Also, since her, I have compared everyone to her, and no one measures up. It's not that I intend to, but she just has all the check marks on my mental date list checked off, well, except for the wanting to date me part, of course.

Well, based on my own experience I'd say:
Whatever you you do I'd advice you not to hang around her acting as if you are her friend, if you are not actually ok with friendship being the only thing you get out of the relationship. Personally, I don't think you are doing her or yourself a favour by hiding your feelings for her if that means the friendship is built on false pretences. From what I have seen, this is sometimes what happens when the whole "friend-zone"-dilemma comes up.

I had a situation where I was hung out with a guy and we had a lot of fun together, but there was never any prospective romantic feelings. After some life stuff changed we didn't hang out very much anymore. One day he shows up unannounced at my house with a plushed toy and a bunch of cds that he hands me and then takes off without wanting to even talk to me. Later I find out that he had blocked and removed me and my boyfriend (but noone else) from facebook, and when asked about it he said something about planning to delete his profile, despite us being the only people he removed. To this day I have no idea what his deal was, but I am kind of pissed that whatever his problem was he never felt the decency to at least tell me about it. My boyfriend thinks he may have had feelings for me, but it doesn't really make sense to me as he NEVER said anything that would indicate that.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11614 on: January 09, 2014, 09:53:55 AM »

I agree. If my best friend suddenly developed romantic feelings for me again, I'd want to know. Sure, the friendship would change, but on the other hand, didn't it change the moment one party realised they had those feelings?
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11615 on: January 09, 2014, 10:18:45 AM »

I had this really deep crush on a straight guy for years, so I know how unreciprocated romance feels.

I have no advice. I was just beginning to date Hugh at the time, and while I think if the guy did reciprocate through some closeted miracle I would have gone for it then, I'm glad I didn't. My life is probably 10x happier with Hugh than it would have been with that guy anyway.

I ended up ending the friendship, not on bad terms, I admitted to him my feelings and he said he didn't mind and still wanted to be friends, but my heart ached every time I was with him, and it's not good to have those sorts of feelings when you are already in a relationship. :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11616 on: January 09, 2014, 11:21:50 AM »

I'd avoid the Miss till you can genuinely say you feel nothing (in that way) for her.  It's a sort-of "cheat" to be friends with her if you're looking for more, and it's just awkward for her. 

Reason being: The time I had a fella be my "friend" (when he was crushing) made it really hard to separate what he did was actually for me as a friend or because he wanted something more from me.  You don't want to feel "owing" to someone, and you don't want to waste their time/feelings.

If the topic has come up already and she's both willing to be friends with you and you're still harbouring something, it's tricky ground for the both of you.  I hate saying this, but take it from the story between that dude and Keira Knightley's character in 'Love Actually'... there's a point where you kinda gotta say that's enough.  You probably won't find a girl like her again (I'm sure that's a fear of trying to move on and find someone else), but if she's lacking the one basic thing you need for a relationship -- an actual 'love' spark -- then it might be time o pursue other venues that will pay off in better ways.

Code:
....or be a bit of a smart-ass.  Ask her to hook you up with a friend of hers: If she gets jealous, then yay, if not then you got a date with a friend that might be kinda similar to her. :P
Signed,
- Bad Advice Dice

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11617 on: January 09, 2014, 07:31:26 PM »

I get home from work and like, I think my bathroom sink started geysering while I was out. There's weird black and brown residue spray all over the place.

WTfffff

Hoping that, uh, maintenance wasn't in here today, messing with stuff.

--- edit ---

Okay, cleaned that up. Mostly. I think I'll just paint stuff. Whatever, I'm confused as hell about a few things, 'cause:

1. If I'd accidentally left the tap on, there would've been water on the floor. There was no water anywhere -- all the residue was dry.
2. If my sink had had explosive backflow, why the /hell/ was the faucet... about as clean as it usually is? Same for the toilet.
3. So basically there was residue on the sink basin, all over my mirror, and on some of the walls that are like thee feet away from the sink, which would, uh, imply a lot of pressure.
4. There's no /water/ left anywhere.
5. All things considered there wasn't that much residue either, it was just all over the place.
6. And, reiterating, the faucet didn't have anything on it, even though it was right above the drain.

Seriously how the fuck? The way stuff sprayed out just... it doesn't make any physical sense. It /had/ to have come from the sink, but what would've made it blast out in a three foot radius? Also some of it look like it had been streaked with a cloth, which is really weird.

Also everything in the building smells like cabbage. I have no idea if that's related.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 10:13:32 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11618 on: January 11, 2014, 01:14:47 PM »

Monday, the temperature went up and most of the snow melted. Tuesday was -15 so all the water froze and everything became icy.
Today, it's 5 and there's freezing rain.
I just tried going outside and it's impossible.
It's thick ice covered by a thin layer of ice.
An actual ice skating rink is less slippery than outside right now.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11619 on: January 11, 2014, 06:43:48 PM »

I bought a fish and named it Repede.... I think there is something wrong with me.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11620 on: January 11, 2014, 09:33:31 PM »

If it starts smoking a pipe you're in trouble!

Everything's Eventual
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11621 on: January 11, 2014, 11:49:12 PM »

Monday, the temperature went up and most of the snow melted. Tuesday was -15 so all the water froze and everything became icy.
Today, it's 5 and there's freezing rain.
I just tried going outside and it's impossible.
It's thick ice covered by a thin layer of ice.
An actual ice skating rink is less slippery than outside right now.

Yeah I took the dog out for the first time this week given the really low temps.  I slipped, fell on my side. 
She was happy, so it was worth it.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11622 on: January 12, 2014, 06:09:54 AM »

I bought a fish and named it Repede.... I think there is something wrong with me.

Yeah, so? Our cat is named Puar. I've got a pet rabbit named Barnaby (I call him Bunny) and my sister somehow managed to name all her pets after Attack on Titan characters despite Attack on Titan not actually existing yet. Her current pet is a neurotic black chihuahua named Levi.

Well, I guess my rabbit Senka isn't named after anything, but I started naming videogame characters after her. Her name means shadow, how awesome is that? And she has those lovely red eyes to go with it.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11623 on: January 12, 2014, 09:56:19 AM »

I named my parents corgling after Elly from Xenogears.

I have no idea why because I'm... not that big on Xenogears.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11624 on: January 12, 2014, 07:01:54 PM »

Went backcountry skiing Friday.  Haven't been in a long time, another thing I've been neglecting while I was working on my dissertation.  And I got to say, I'm a bit out of shape for it.  Came back totally exhausted...basically spent Saturday in bed recuperating.

If you don't have any idea what backcountry skiing is, it's when you climb then mountain yourself (with special gear) and then ski down it.  It means you're free to go anywhere, don't need lifts or groomed trails or anything like that.  I'd also say that it's easily the most physically demanding sport I've ever engaged in.  Probably the most dangerous, too...when you're away from maintained trails and stuff avalanches are a very real concern.

It's fun, though!

Aside from that, still working on my plans for my Japan trip.  I made a reservation at this really old, traditional ryoukan in a tiny onsen town in the mountains of Akita.  This place didn't have any sort of internet reservation system at all, actually had to call them up.  And I did the whole thing in Japanese, which made me feel somewhat accomplished.

Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 868 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: