Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 02:17:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334764 Posts in 13710 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 899 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 714559 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11625 on: January 12, 2014, 08:08:42 PM »

I named my parents corgling after Elly from Xenogears.

I have no idea why because I'm... not that big on Xenogears.

She musta looked like an 'Elly'.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11626 on: January 12, 2014, 09:43:47 PM »

I named my parents corgling after Elly from Xenogears.

I have no idea why because I'm... not that big on Xenogears.

She musta looked like an 'Elly'.

It's funny how much she likes cats because she's insanely aggressive towards other dogs.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11627 on: January 13, 2014, 03:01:20 AM »

That's cute <3

Levi is the same. According to our vet it's because he thinks he's a cat.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11628 on: January 13, 2014, 10:01:20 AM »

Funny, I have a cat that thinks she's a dog.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11629 on: January 13, 2014, 10:53:28 AM »

This is our cat, Apollymi, who is named after some sort of goddess of destruction from some series my wife reads. She does not live up to that name at all. She follows me around all the time, looking for hugs, and a lap to curl up on.
Our other cat, Cersei, who is obviously named after Queen Cersei, is also very snuggly. Somehow we ended up with 2(they are sisters) Dog Cats. They're awesome.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 01:45:30 PM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11630 on: January 13, 2014, 12:05:21 PM »

She has pretty eyes. I love it when cats have green eyes :D

I haven't had a cuddly pet in a long time. I used to have a tiny rabbit that liked to sit on my shoulder, does that count?

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11631 on: January 13, 2014, 01:06:13 PM »

My cat Blossom has just plain old yellow eyes, but she does have an adorable nose. She's mostly a grey cat but she has a white spot on her face located in such a spot that her nose is precisely one half pink and one half black.

I'd grab a picture, but much like me she's fairly adverse to them.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11632 on: January 13, 2014, 07:29:00 PM »

I don't actually have any pets myself. My parents just have the corgblob and like four cats now because their neighborhood has a lot of strays and sometimes they decide to domesticate themselves.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11633 on: January 13, 2014, 07:40:07 PM »

She has pretty eyes. I love it when cats have green eyes :D

I haven't had a cuddly pet in a long time. I used to have a tiny rabbit that liked to sit on my shoulder, does that count?

Haha not terribly tiny, but hugely adorable.  LOVE.

If I had a bunny, I'd name him after an actor:

My cat Blossom has just plain old yellow eyes, but she does have an adorable nose. She's mostly a grey cat but she has a white spot on her face located in such a spot that her nose is precisely one half pink and one half black.

I'd grab a picture, but much like me she's fairly adverse to them.

My dog has jet-black fur.  She sucks all the light and it's hard to get a good shot of her unless it's in the day time...and plain brown eyes.

So kinda like your cat, plain, but rather than fancy nose (half pink, half black sounds really cool actually) I just get happy when I see her pink tongue against the all-black fur.  It's that one piece of colour she really has and I love her for it.  And because she's fuzzy.  And because she loves the all attention I want to give her.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11634 on: January 13, 2014, 08:28:43 PM »

Am in my final 2 weeks before my 1st semester ends. Have a big decisive exam wednesday, barely studied, I am completely out of motivation. Im officially on fuck this shit mode.
Already have the following subjects done even if I score 0 in my next exams: Algebra, Calculus and Discrete Mathmatics.. Im still on the chopping block as far as Programming and Computer Arquitechtures go. Computer science wasnt my first choice but unfortunately I didnt make it into Bioengineering.. I had an average of 17,7 out of 20 and like the minimum average of admission this year was 17,9 give or take. I have been slogging through the semester, doing the bare minimum, studying the day before exams(it worked fine for the more math oriented subjects but things like programming and computer architecture that I had no previously knowledge of have been hard with this "strategy", I should be studying atleast a week before the exams). I try to avoid doing that but I end up spending all day "staring at a wall" without doing nothing productive, I keep telling myself im gonna start studying now but then I end up wasting all day doing useless shit on the internet, atleast I feel accomplished when I play games but I cant even do that when I am in this self loathing state, I wish I was playing games instead of being in this state "I need to study but I will actually just spend all day thinking about starting to study but actually not do it", I just literally waste my time on the internet watching and listening to useless shit. It's very frustrating and it makes me feel like shit.

It's not that I completely dont like Computer Science, in fact in the miserable state that the economy is in, it's basically my only way out of having a comfortable life at this point, and I like the subject matter in general. I know I can do it if I put some effort into it but I cant seem to bring myself to do even that. Then I start thinking about other people that dont even have money to study beyond High school and here I am with these ungrateful retarded problems. I was always good at everything as far as academic subjects go(except portuguese literature which I despise for the most part) but I never really had a calling or a big inclination(perhaps something biology related but that's fucking gone now) so I am left in this state of limbo. If I get through this I am going to try and pursue game development or just software engineering with the theoritical future leet programming skills I will learn. There is nothing anyone can say to help me, I know that, all I can do is put my shit together but even so here I am writing this pathetic post and making a fool out of myself.

Edit; For clarification, I dont consider browsing through RPGFan to be in that useless internet shenanigans category. I love posting here.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 09:01:15 PM by Holykael1 » Logged

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11635 on: January 13, 2014, 10:04:33 PM »

Some days you just wake up and remember that you've seen Lee Greenwood in concert three times and you're just like fuuuuuuuuuck.

--- edit ---

Bs pbhefr V cbfg n cvpgher bs zl cneragf' crgf naq ybbxvat ng vg abj zl svefg gubhtug vf "Ubj phgr" naq zl frpbaq gubhtug vf "Nz V tbvat gb unir na rzbgvbany erfcbafr gb guvf jura gurl'er qrnq?" Naq gur nafjre vf gung V pbhyq haqb zl ragver crefbanyvgl va n fvatyr jbeq naq gung jbeq vf "lrf".

Jbhyq lbh engure trg zhttrq be or n zheqrere?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 12:50:32 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11636 on: January 13, 2014, 10:22:19 PM »

Replaced the stupid fan on my motherboard's chipset on my desktop.  Not talking about the CPU fan here (that's easy to replace), just this rinky-dink little thing on the motherboard.  But they sure didn't make it easy to service, you have to unmount the entire motherboard to get it off.  And since the motherboard is the thing that everything connects to, unmounting the motherboard means disconnecting (and later reconnecting...) everything...

Oh, this is actually the second time I've had to replace this damn fan...

OK, so my desktop is getting to be pretty darn old.  Like, almost 10 years old.  I've thought about getting a replacement but I don't want to spend a lot and this computer has been such a reliable workhorse for so many years and I don't know that I would be able to achieve that kind of reliability with cheaper parts.  And it still does pretty much everything I need.  I mean, it's not a gaming machine, but I do use it as a server for various things (it was my personal cloud machine before anyone invented that stupid term...) and for most of its life it's been running 24/7.  A couple replacement fans is a small price to pay when you think of that.

And this thing is so old that upgrading is basically out of the question.  I looked into it and I thing the only things I could actually carry over to a new computer are the hard drives (which I would do anyway because I have like 3 terabytes of storage) and maybe the case (though I would need a new power supply...).  Heck, even the optical drives would have to go because they're PATA and nobody seems to make motherboards with PATA connectors anymore.  That's the problem, standards change and this machine is old enough you just have to start from scratch.

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11637 on: January 14, 2014, 09:25:23 PM »

Working on some Orchestration projects. They are going well so far. Doing something from Nier and Rune Factory Tides of Destiny.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11638 on: January 14, 2014, 11:06:24 PM »

So in Windows 7, you have to manually set the desired bit rate in /shared mode/ and basically if you set it higher than what your intended audio format actually is it like, upsamples it.

Which is why music has been sounding bizarre on my laptop since I got it.

I sort of want to make needlefelted animals.

I SHOULD GO TO KOHL'S AND BUY SHOES AND PANTS AND THEN I CAN FEEL LIKE AN ADULT.

Or I could just drop everything for a month, take a bus to Chicago, and catch a train to the west coast.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 11:30:00 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11639 on: January 15, 2014, 12:32:00 PM »

Replaced the stupid fan on my motherboard's chipset on my desktop.  Not talking about the CPU fan here (that's easy to replace), just this rinky-dink little thing on the motherboard.  But they sure didn't make it easy to service, you have to unmount the entire motherboard to get it off.  And since the motherboard is the thing that everything connects to, unmounting the motherboard means disconnecting (and later reconnecting...) everything...

Oh, this is actually the second time I've had to replace this damn fan...

Reminds me the one unfortunate time I had a proper "gaming pc" fitted with an MSI board and VGA. Had to replace the fans on both. One year later, the VGA started displaying artifacts and died; the mobo went soon after. That pc only lasted 2 or 3 years. Needless to say, I never bought anything MSI again or any high end parts.
Pages: 1 ... 774 775 [776] 777 778 ... 899 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: