Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 02:15:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337836 Posts in 13833 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 908 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 736125 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11670 on: January 21, 2014, 07:25:05 PM »

I'd rather not work for an employer that gauged your employability based on you belonging to a social networking site :)

So much love turned into so much meat in such a short period of time.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 08:56:33 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11671 on: January 21, 2014, 07:39:19 PM »

I'd rather not work for an employer that gauged your employability based on you belonging to a social networking site :)

I'm more annoyed when I have a resume and they want me to fill out an application.

Then I wish there was a real life "copy/paste" button.

I figure I'd have nothing to lose.  If they want LinkedIn, sure there it is.  I'm also going to be desperate for work after.  I find when it comes to creative stuffs though an actual website showcase may be better.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11672 on: January 22, 2014, 01:19:38 AM »

Random preschool memory:

So when I was like five I went to this daycare because my school only did half-day kindergarten and both of my parents worked.

Anyway, so the daycare I went to like... we had these huge, wooden boxes, that were kind of like sandboxes, except they were propped up on legs, like a table. And instead of having sand, they were full of dried rice.

Did anyone else have something like that?

o/` I do not dream o/`

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11673 on: January 22, 2014, 09:52:37 AM »

^ I don't recall ever having one, but I know exactly what you're talking about, so maybe...? I dunno.

I think I'm going to pick up The Witch and the Hundred Knight. NIS stuff is usually more miss than hit, but the game looks fun enough and after Bravely Default and FFX/X-2 HD I'll be in the mood for an action-y action RPG.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11674 on: January 22, 2014, 11:18:40 AM »

I liked LinkedIn. I don't use it a lot, but I made an account last year because it is helpful in trying to find a job. Depending on which industry you're in/trying to go in, LinkedIn will have a different use. I was a finance major in university, and almost everyone in the business school had a LinkedIn profile.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11675 on: January 24, 2014, 01:45:10 PM »

I am addicted to jigsaw puzzles.  I haven't been gaming as much because of this.  Also I feel like cooking but I already have a lot of left overs.  I really need to use the yellow squash and butternut squash in my fridge. 

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11676 on: January 24, 2014, 02:19:21 PM »

Went to the gym yesterday, tried my hand at a new bench press maximum of 365 pounds, which is more than my own body weight. Now, I hadn't eaten that day or slept well tbat night before, and I was on my fifth set when I attempted this. I managed to unrack the weight with a little effort, and brought it down to my chest...and then I couldn't lift it off. Little depressing to have gotten so far and fail at the last moment, but I got the negative lift in, so that's a plus. Dunno if having eaten or a good night's rest or maybe trying the lift earlier in my workout wiuld have ended better, but there's always next week.

TASTY!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11677 on: January 26, 2014, 02:25:01 AM »

maybe star can help me with this but i'm getting sick of my girlfriend's introvert bullshit. it has a nasty habbit of popping up at the worst times. like when i have  day off or worked a morning shift.forcing me to be alone and i cant fucking stand being alone. to make matters worse she is very insecure and will seek attention from me then run away. and i dont understand why she can like be with her sister during this time bit i have to stay the fuck away.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11678 on: January 26, 2014, 02:30:05 AM »

maybe star can help me with this but i'm getting sick of my girlfriend's introvert bullshit. it has a nasty habbit of popping up at the worst times. like when i have  day off or worked a morning shift.forcing me to be alone and i cant fucking stand being alone. to make matters worse she is very insecure and will seek attention from me then run away. and i dont understand why she can like be with her sister during this time bit i have to stay the fuck away.

I don't know, sorry. I'm introverted, but your girlfriend sounds like she might have some emotional issues. I don't know her, so I can't say.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11679 on: January 26, 2014, 02:46:19 AM »

I don't know, sorry. I'm introverted, but your girlfriend sounds like she might have some emotional issues. I don't know her, so I can't say.

I'm an introvert who's great at being extroverted: I need to be nagged to go out to big social thangs.

Emotional issues can definitely be a part of that.  Maybe see if there's some place she'd want to go or maybe appease her by going there?

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11680 on: January 26, 2014, 04:07:42 AM »

As an introvert I don't mind being with people for most of the day, if the way they act or the place they want to go to isn't 'too much'. I like watching movies together, or playing a video or boardgame. Peacefull quiet is what I like and it's nice when I can share it with someone else. What makes me uncomfortable is stuff like constant conversation (especially when there isn't much to talk about).

It does sound like your girlfriend has some emotional issues, though. Her relationship with you may be so important to her, that she doesn't want to mess it up when she has a bad day (and someone who is insecure will have A LOT of bad days!). So she'll run to someone who she knows will put up with her behaviour (sisters can be awesome like that when they're basically friends you grew up with). Not a very constructive way of dealing with it...

In any case, you need to talk to her.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11681 on: January 26, 2014, 03:22:54 PM »

So one of my neighbors is cooking peppers and the smell's filling the halls as I watch the sun setting outside, staring into a winter far colder than any I remember in this city before. And all I want is for the snow to melt so I can fuck off to the peripheries where I can think about the places I remember and places I'll never go back to.
Pic may or may not be related hmhmhHM
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 06:05:52 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11682 on: January 26, 2014, 07:24:32 PM »

Extremely accurate visual portrayal of how my mind feels lately, Mesh.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11683 on: January 26, 2014, 09:05:38 PM »

The preview of Saki said that Italy is the biggest producer of kiwi. I was doubdful, but...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiwifruit#Worldwide_production

Put that in 'trivia I would have never imagined being truth'.
Italy makes a shit ton of kiwis... whodathunk.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11684 on: January 26, 2014, 09:59:55 PM »

http://i.imgur.com/wl6G45X.png oh god i suck at geography.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 908 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: