Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 06:17:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330106 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 778 779 [780] 781 782 ... 877 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 672529 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11685 on: January 27, 2014, 10:43:56 AM »

Back at work after 5 days off. Getting up at 5:30 sucked this morning. It was productive time off, though. Completely gutted the basement, threw a bunch of stuff out, and re-organized the rest. I also set up my little basement growing operation. No, not THAT kind of basement growing operation. I enjoy growing vegetables, herbs. etc. from seed, and starting them early indoors gets them a great headstart.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11686 on: January 27, 2014, 11:06:05 AM »

Back at work after 5 days off. Getting up at 5:30 sucked this morning. It was productive time off, though. Completely gutted the basement, threw a bunch of stuff out, and re-organized the rest. I also set up my little basement growing operation. No, not THAT kind of basement growing operation. I enjoy growing vegetables, herbs. etc. from seed, and starting them early indoors gets them a great headstart.

My mom is a pack rat and I have DREAMS of gutting the basement.  Literally, I'd hire a dump truck, maybe two, and get rid 80% of our household items.

Mmm, the boyfriend grew some of his own veggies this year.  Y'know how things feel better to buy when you've earned it?  I feel like the same principle applies when you grow and enjoy your own veggies.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11687 on: January 27, 2014, 01:30:01 PM »

I remember my sister and I growing our own strawberries. It was always just a small patch, so we'd always eat through our harvest within a couple of days.

Now I have a small gooseberry bush. I'm not sure where it came from, but the berries are good, so no complaints from me. And despite me not having to do anything besides picking and washing them, those berries are still more awesome (and much cheaper) than store bought ones.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11688 on: January 27, 2014, 01:56:36 PM »

I love gooseberries! There was a bush in my friends garden when I was a kid, so good. There were also a lot of bramble bushies where I lived growing up, and we all used to go pick them and come back stained purple. :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11689 on: January 27, 2014, 02:36:07 PM »

My mom is a pack rat and I have DREAMS of gutting the basement.  Literally, I'd hire a dump truck, maybe two, and get rid 80% of our household items.

Mmm, the boyfriend grew some of his own veggies this year.  Y'know how things feel better to buy when you've earned it?  I feel like the same principle applies when you grow and enjoy your own veggies.

It IS incredibly satisfying to grow something from seed, and watch it go on to produce vegetables that end up on your plate. Or directly in your mouth, as is often the case with Sugar Snap Peas. I never tire of the satisfaction, let alone the whole amazing process.

I have my own Blueberry and Raspberry bushes as well, and the berries don't always make it out of the garden. My son loves to eat the berries off of our Serviceberry bush, too. I'm not terribly fond of them on their own, but they make a killer pie.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11690 on: January 27, 2014, 02:40:06 PM »

I love gooseberries!

You would.

I'm hungry now....

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11691 on: January 27, 2014, 04:53:52 PM »

My guts can't handle fruit or berries any more but when I was kid I LOVED fresh dark purple grapes right off the vine....

There was also this strange hybrid tree on my property growing up. It was amidst pear and apple trees and it produced the most unique fruit. Gee golly what I'd do to have and be able to eat a pear-apple, pain free, once again.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11692 on: January 27, 2014, 07:31:12 PM »

Noticed how weird the :v emoticon looks with serifs.

And now I'm still trying to figure out what the hell :v's even supposed to convey and I probably should've thought about this before I started using it so much.

--- edit ---

oh my god
I found apples in my fridge that my mom gave me this summer.
and they still look okay
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 08:04:53 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11693 on: January 27, 2014, 08:33:25 PM »

Just bought new skis.  Really nice skis.  I wasn't going to, but this shop near me was going out of business and as a result was having a going out of business sale.  And I've been wanting new skis.  So it was a really good deal...on a product that started out pretty fucking expensive.

I should probably get a job so I can afford all this stuff I'm buying...

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11694 on: January 27, 2014, 08:37:05 PM »

Just bought new skis.  Really nice skis.  I wasn't going to, but this shop near me was going out of business and as a result was having a going out of business sale.  And I've been wanting new skis.  So it was a really good deal...on a product that started out pretty fucking expensive.

I should probably get a job so I can afford all this stuff I'm buying...

Skiing is literally one of my favorite things to do outdoors (and when the situation can actually happen....ie; Winter)

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11695 on: January 27, 2014, 10:30:31 PM »

35 hrs work in three days....light day today, off Wed and Thur., party time hehehehe

Everything's Eventual
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11696 on: January 28, 2014, 05:53:45 PM »

I am addicted to jigsaw puzzles.  I haven't been gaming as much because of this.  Also I feel like cooking but I already have a lot of left overs.  I really need to use the yellow squash and butternut squash in my fridge. 

My brother loves jigsaw puzzles. I normally toss one or two at him when I buy him something else for his Birthday/Christmas since it is the only thing I know he actually enjoys. Space seems to be the biggest issue with them. You need a big enough area if you are using 1000+ and the table is basically out of commission until you are done.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11697 on: January 28, 2014, 10:01:27 PM »

I have no idea what the fuck is going on in this picture but I'll have whatever Biden's having.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11698 on: January 28, 2014, 11:05:21 PM »

snow, cold....beer time

Everything's Eventual
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11699 on: January 28, 2014, 11:11:43 PM »

I have no idea what the fuck is going on in this picture but I'll have whatever Biden's having.

snow, cold....beer time

I want what all of you's are having.

I'm getting ahead on assignments.

Pages: 1 ... 778 779 [780] 781 782 ... 877 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: