Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 07:56:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332777 Posts in 13635 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 779 780 [781] 782 783 ... 889 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 697308 times)
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11700 on: January 29, 2014, 01:27:18 AM »

One more day of work, then it's off to Korea to see my fiancee!!

Can't wait. Will likely be playing Radiant Historia on the way there and back. No time for games while in Korea, as strange as that sounds..
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11701 on: January 29, 2014, 02:37:20 AM »

I am addicted to jigsaw puzzles.  I haven't been gaming as much because of this.  Also I feel like cooking but I already have a lot of left overs.  I really need to use the yellow squash and butternut squash in my fridge. 

My brother loves jigsaw puzzles. I normally toss one or two at him when I buy him something else for his Birthday/Christmas since it is the only thing I know he actually enjoys. Space seems to be the biggest issue with them. You need a big enough area if you are using 1000+ and the table is basically out of commission until you are done.

My dad made this big board with edges which fits up to 1500 pieces. He also made a cover, so we can easily put the whole thing away when the table needs to be used for something else.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11702 on: January 29, 2014, 04:47:54 PM »

Haha, I might have gotten myself into some trouble. So, I work as a freelance gamejournalist, right? Last year I tried to get some work from a magazine we'll just call 'P'. The editor-in-chief wanted me for magazine 'C' he was also in charge of instead and that was fine by me. I liked that mag too. Then a bunch of shit happened and the publisher dropped P because of lack of faith in its future or something. That seemed like the end of it, but old editor-in-chief Y. L. and his small party of heroic editors swooped in and saved the magazine from certain doom. I still needed some extra work and I really liked P, so shortly after hearing news of the rescue I contacted Y.L. He said he'd be happy to have me onboard. Yay for me!

The bad news: working under a penname might be a good idea. I disagreed, because C and its publisher knew I work for multiple publications before they started handing me assignments. The lastest issue of P was released last week and my first article for them is in it. With my own name under it. And now I hear all the other freelancers associated with P and C have picked sides. I'm the only one who hasn't. The ones who followed Y.L. noted that P's old publisher can be rather childish and may not be fine with me writing for the rogue magazine that once belonged to them. I think I may have shot myself in the foot when I tried to keep my options open so... openly.

Oh well. I regret nothing! Okay, I guess I kinda regret not using my old penname 'Merel' (=common blackbird) for P, but only because I could have been a black bird with loyalty issues working for a hero whose name closely resembles that of a popular JRPG hero. That would have been funny.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11703 on: January 29, 2014, 06:08:04 PM »

Been concerned with being rather cold pretty frequently this winter. Normally I don't feel it so bad and I usually just sit around in shorts and a t shirt during the winter, but lately I gotta keep a pair of socks on cuz my feet become ice cubes. Granted, we've spent nearly 3 weeks below 32 degrees with the exception of like 2 days, and I've lost a good bit of weight which also may be affecting my tolerance ( I've never felt cold in my upper body til lately), but seeing as my dad's diabetic and his family was prone to it (his father and grand father both were iirc), wondering if I'm developing it myself. Story of my life, My mom dies of lung cancer a year and a half after quitting smoking, I finally built up nerve to tell a girl I was into her only to find out her and my sister developed bad blood, I buy a 10 dollar lottery scratch off seconds after the guy who just bought the same one wins 5,000 dollars....always a shitty result when I finally do something. I should just not do stuff ever so I don't get kicked in the groin for it.

TASTY!
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11704 on: January 29, 2014, 10:08:28 PM »

Some shitty luck there D. However, as far as the diabetes I lost @135 lbs and after living my entire life never experiencing cold I now get cold easily. I know you have been working out hard has the body fat % went down a lot? If so there's your answer. I don't get cold on my legs but if my blood sugar is up I do get the annoying tingling diabetic neuropathy. Lay off the bread and other carbs and it goes away. One thing I would do is talk to a doctor if diabetes is even suspected. I control mine through diet and exercise and while it does require an adjustment to eating habits it is not something, in my case at least, that is seemingly insurmountable and totally life changing. A challenge yes, but if I had let it continue to spiral out of control it damn sure would have been worse.

Everything's Eventual
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11705 on: January 29, 2014, 11:16:24 PM »

Picked up my new skis from the shop today!  Bought them on Monday but had to get the bindings mounted.

And now tomorrow I leave for Japan.  I'm not cutting things close at all!

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11706 on: January 29, 2014, 11:18:50 PM »

That's another fear. Everytime I visit the doctor, I get told something bad. Tired of bad news, so I just assume no news is as likely to suck as being told I'm dying from a hole in my abdomen. Terrible line of thinking but eh, I'm not exactly slowing down in my old age...if anything I've never been more fit. One upside is there's no pain from the cold. It's more like when you're about to get sick and all of a sudden you just feel frigid.

The more I dwell on it, the more I think my asshole landlord is just fucking turning the heat off or my bedroom is just polar climate-ready. That other part about the body fat% going down is another slight possibilty. I just don't see it well myself.

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11707 on: January 30, 2014, 01:38:55 AM »

Drank too much caffeine. Should be asleep because I have work at 9AM but instead I'm all NOPE LETS SOFTMOD MY PS2.

GOD I LOVE PLAYING WITH SCREWDRIVERS.

--- edit ---

Only getting four hours of sleep tonight but I got the damn thing to work.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 03:08:07 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11708 on: January 30, 2014, 03:01:15 AM »

That's another fear. Everytime I visit the doctor, I get told something bad. Tired of bad news, so I just assume no news is as likely to suck as being told I'm dying from a hole in my abdomen. Terrible line of thinking but eh, I'm not exactly slowing down in my old age...if anything I've never been more fit. One upside is there's no pain from the cold. It's more like when you're about to get sick and all of a sudden you just feel frigid.

Oh, I get that at least once a day, even during summer. Means I need to get my blood pumping again by going for a walk or doing some other light exercise.

But really, if you're worried about diabetes, get it checked. It's a super simple test and you'll know right away if your bloodsugar levels aren't like they should be. Plus, if you are experiencing the beginning stages of diabetes it'll almost certainly type 2, which is relatively easy to get under control with exercise and healthy eating habits.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11709 on: January 30, 2014, 03:53:02 AM »

I puzzle on a table not used for eating.  I ordered a few 1500 pieces to see how that goes.  I am slowly working up to 2000.  3000 is the max I will go.  I also am thinking about gluing some of the nicer ones.  I will undoubtedly make a mess.  I've seen on amazon some travel storage for puzzles and they are pricey.  It is nice that your father is handy Tomara.

Agent D -  Ignorance is not bliss when it comes to health.  I am so lucky I was diagnosed at stage one and received treatment.  I am in remission and will have to keep tabs on it for the rest of my life, but that is so much better than having it and not knowing.  I am truly sorry about your mom.  Cancer is never fair.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11710 on: January 30, 2014, 12:57:29 PM »

I'm off to Japan, suckers!

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11711 on: January 30, 2014, 04:49:16 PM »

I'm off to Japan, suckers!

BRING ME SOUVENIRS OR YOU'RE DEAD TO ME!! :)

Code:
Honestly though safe trip, have fun

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11712 on: January 30, 2014, 10:42:54 PM »

Neither my Dad nor my sister so much as called me on my Birthday. A friend of the family on the other hand got me a 3TB external drive that I've really been wanting. Also had sloppy joes and curly fries for dinner, so all in all not the worst birthday ever.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11713 on: January 30, 2014, 10:56:56 PM »

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/insects/tussock.asp

Hey who remembers these fuckers?

Also had sloppy joes and curly fries for dinner

Neat, did you wash it down with a milkshemp?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11714 on: January 31, 2014, 03:21:12 AM »

Neither my Dad nor my sister so much as called me on my Birthday. A friend of the family on the other hand got me a 3TB external drive that I've really been wanting. Also had sloppy joes and curly fries for dinner, so all in all not the worst birthday ever.

Happy birthday! Sorry about your sucky relatives.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: 1 ... 779 780 [781] 782 783 ... 889 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: