Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 12:24:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329304 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 783 784 [785] 786 787 ... 876 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 661243 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11760 on: February 05, 2014, 05:20:23 PM »

I don't have any irl friends. This isn't hyperbole. My mom's the only person I feel any sort of connection to and even that's mixed with antagonism.

It's like, I have people that I interact with on a daily basis and I can't meet them with anything more than ambivalence, at best. And this is every. Single. Da. For the past three years. It gets to you. I don't even feel like I can relate to or engage with people in a normal way anymore. Like, I can't read them.

This sounds as depressing as the girlfriend thing we posted about a while ago.

Most of my friends left and are scattered far away.
I had a very good friend that was still here but he died.
Without that, I have people 'I know' but they aren't what I'd consider friends.

There's my mom and my dad.
I don't even really talk/see my brother much. We've never been close.

It's really hard to make good friends. I'm not even sure if I have the capability to make that kind of friendship as an adult.
I should create a 'friending site'. Like a dating site, but you're looking to find a local best friend.

(I want to see ads on website: FIND OUT ALL THE LOCAL - POSSIBLY HOT - GOOD FRIENDS - WITH NO BENEFITS - IN YOUR AREA !)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 05:27:42 PM by Annubis » Logged
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11761 on: February 05, 2014, 06:38:49 PM »

YES!!!!!  Even the site "friend finder" is doesn't help that. xD

I'm in the same situation as you all; I think it's part of why I love this place.  If it means anything as well, I think you're all stellar people who (I"d think) would never have this sort of issue.

It feels like if you didn't keep the buds you knew from highschool or gradeschool, you're hit some friendship-difficulty spike.  The old ones kinda scattered off; or worse, some still see each other while I got left behind.  I do make work part of the blame; for too long I worked what were basically "hangout primetimes" since I worked every weekend on Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday morning.  This pretty much nixed the amount of time I could go out and party since I was earning money instead.  School takes up another good amount of time (and I hate when people complain about that -- the heck am I supposed to do about that?).  I can talk to my old friends, but I feel it wouldn't be easy to wedge back in again.  Also too, maybe I'm being picky, but I feel like I can here, I have trouble finding people with my or even similar interests.

I'm always happy that I have my parents and my boyfriend and my one other sort-of "misfit" friend.  That and the few friends I have had an issue with were at no point keen on working it out.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11762 on: February 05, 2014, 07:45:48 PM »

Realistically speaking I have a TON of money and I'm only 26 so it wouldn't really be creepy for me to make friends by, like, buying poor college students food and liquor.

What I really want is something that's LIKE OKCupid but instead of finding dates you just set up blind restaurant hopping parties.

Fuck it maybe I'll just pay off some bronies to go restaurant hopping with me >:T

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11763 on: February 05, 2014, 07:51:08 PM »

My problem is I moved away from my friends (went to 4 different High Schools in 3 different states), and though I tried to stay in touch with them, most of them never really bothered to do the same and I just got sick of doing all the work. Had a few acquaintances since then but never anyone that would invite me to do stuff, or that wanted to do stuff if I invited them. Eventually I got turned off of people in general and now I'm just a jaded hermit.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11764 on: February 05, 2014, 07:58:40 PM »

I dont have very many friends myself, only 2 in fact. I was always kind of a loner, Im very picky with the people I want to talk to. Generally they have to like video games ahah. I need somebody to share my interests with, I also want people to be smart(not smart in the academic sense but more like critical and well opinionated.) and kind hearted in general.
The internet fills this gap a little bit(rpgfan forums, backloggery and youtubez) and Im ok with the friendships I have, I long for a romantic relationship though. I have no idea of how to even approach people, the only reason I even make friends sometimes is because circumstances led to me to accidentally or by necessity to have to talk to them or vice versa.

I can live with the idea that I will be "alone" forever, I actually enjoy living even by my lonesome.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 08:01:19 PM by Holykael1 » Logged

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11765 on: February 05, 2014, 08:42:47 PM »

I am normally really quiet around new people until I find something in common and then I tend to yap yap yap. I am also horrible at starting conversations with strangers unless I am drinking.Darilon finds it hard to shut up when he has a few down This pretty much means most of my friends were originally friends of friends. We are all pretty different from one another overall but are still close. I do try to meet new people, though since I am not a part of a sports club or anything similar most new people I talk to are from pubs, the smoking area in night clubs(I spend more time there than the club itself even though I don't smoke) or house parties.

Shit, this really makes me sound like some alcoholic. I usually only drink twice a month though.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11766 on: February 06, 2014, 02:48:56 AM »

I have friends...

Of course, none of them were willing to take two weeks off and go to Japan with me.  They all had like jobs and shit.  Some friends, huh.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11767 on: February 06, 2014, 09:45:15 AM »

I have friends. Sort of. The few I have live too far away to hang out with on a regular basis. Then there are a ton of acquaintances I mostly see on special occasions. Great fun, but kinda superficial. We do try to meet up outside of our regular conventions and stuff, but then my self doubt and lack of confidence kick in, especially when they don't take the initiative. Like, I'm just a waste of their time, I'll just get in their way, they were only saying they wanted to go the movies to be nice and so on.

I don't meet new people very often because I work from home. Many of my co-workers don't even live in the same country. Oh, and I live in the middle of nowhere. This town is very small and there are very few people my age. I do live close to my sister though and we usually play games together on Saturday/Sunday, but that's different. Not that I'd like to move away from my family...

Oh, and to make matters worse, my best friend is a guy. I'm always afraid his next girlfriend might not like me of worse yet, not trust me (or him) and that we won't be able to hang out together anymore.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11768 on: February 06, 2014, 11:15:33 AM »

I have a couple of friends I speak to on the phone and see maybe once a year. The problem I have is I work odd hours and all my friends have "9-5" jobs so we simply have little time to interact. Oh well, got the Little Lady and my games.

Everything's Eventual
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11769 on: February 06, 2014, 11:21:12 AM »

Oh I also seem to only make good friendships with people that are kinda just there in school and now university, as in they dont draw too much attention to themselves and if you werent paying attention you would easily never notice them.

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11770 on: February 06, 2014, 07:04:35 PM »

My current best friend....

Me and my old best friend (childhood)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11771 on: February 06, 2014, 08:22:10 PM »

Klyde:

That post makes me sad for some reason.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11772 on: February 06, 2014, 08:59:15 PM »

It reminds me  of my dog that died last year that basically lived for 75% of my entire lifespan...It was the most painful thing that ever happened in my life, it hurt more than some deaths in my family as bad as that sounds.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11773 on: February 06, 2014, 09:30:12 PM »

My dogs were the only living things I really loved and I always expected that I'd be devastated when they died.

My complete apathy towards it when it DID happen is what makes me really worry.

Also what happened to that one guy and his named started with like a T and his avatar was Scout?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 09:46:18 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11774 on: February 06, 2014, 10:44:00 PM »

My current best friend....

Me and my old best friend (childhood)

For lack of better words: Dogs are fucking awesome

My girl is getting on in years...not to think ahead, but I'd miss her a lot (she's getting those little lumps everywhere)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 783 784 [785] 786 787 ... 876 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: