Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 04:44:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335244 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 900 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 725525 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11805 on: February 12, 2014, 10:05:01 AM »

Yesterday was absolutely terrible for gaming. Lightning Returns never came in, spent a ton of time dying constantly in Bravely Default and thus made very little progress, and when I finally said 'screw it' and played some Kingdom Hearts 1.5, I not only realized I could not remember what to do after Agrabah, I also spent a couple hours grinding, stupidly never bothered to save, only to run into those sniper monkeys I knew nothing about and got my ass handed to me, thus either losing 2 hours of progress or giving up my no continues policy. I gave up the no continues.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11806 on: February 12, 2014, 10:53:21 AM »

So....getting ready to be snowed in....video games-check....snacks and dinner-check....beer-check....now if only my boss would finally get the word from corp. that we are closed!

Everything's Eventual
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11807 on: February 12, 2014, 01:58:01 PM »

Spent a lot of time today cutting down trees that had fallen due to the wind. Crazy amount of trees fell. Unfortunately I didn't have a chainsaw so I had to make do with a handsaw.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11808 on: February 12, 2014, 07:24:24 PM »

1. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22006397/devil%20childre%20scripts.zip Devil Children scripts. They're just text files, so nothing of questionable legality here. For the absolutely nobody out there besides me who's interested.

wtfffff
 fire department's at the apartment complex behind mine
 they're throwing buckets of ash out of one of the units
 and going at the one below it with a chainsa

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ikusagami

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11809 on: February 12, 2014, 08:14:40 PM »

Spent a lot of time today cutting down trees that had fallen due to the wind. Crazy amount of trees fell. Unfortunately I didn't have a chainsaw so I had to make do with a handsaw.
Real men don't need power tools.
Real men uproot trees with their bare hands.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11810 on: February 12, 2014, 10:37:36 PM »

Had a conversation with my roommates to try and at least make things less awkward for the next couple months. It seems to be a bit better, but we will see. Come May though I am living on my own again if I can find a place I can afford. That's the tough part around here.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11811 on: February 13, 2014, 12:52:16 AM »

On a Hayate shinkansen on the way to Tokyo.  Flying home on a redeye tonight.

I should have spent another week here...

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11812 on: February 13, 2014, 12:53:00 AM »

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11813 on: February 13, 2014, 03:16:56 AM »

Well last week I had some good medical news:  my PET scan was negative.  So I am still in remission.  Yay. 

This week I got a bill from a collection agency about a delinquent payment.  Boo.  I keep a record of all my medical bills and have no record of ever receiving a bill with the specific account number on it.  I get to call several people tomorrow to figure it out.  It better not be related to the $800 bill that they tried to charge me before.  With that one, after several calls they told me it was their screw up and my account balance was zero.  The charge this time is $280 so I don't think it is that.  I pay my bills on time so I really am clueless to what this is about.  Part of me thinks it could be a scam or incompetence on the billing department.  This better not ruin my credit score. 

Well took care of everything.  Apparently it was for my radiation treatment.  I find it odd I never received any bill/notices/phone calls about it before going to the credit bureau.  Paid for it and since it was within the 30 days it will not affect my credit rating. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 10:46:00 AM by CluelessWonder » Logged

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11814 on: February 13, 2014, 11:29:28 AM »

^ Congrats on the good news!

I've come to the conclusion that I have an unhealthy (hah!) obsession with health bars in video games. There's just something about watching an enemy's hp slowly (or quickly!) dwindle away to nothing. Part of the reason I started to pay attention to Witch and the Hundred Knight is because the first few screenshots I saw showed enemies with little hp bars over their heads.

This is more than likely due to my OCD, which often manifests in a compulsive desire to quantify everything in percentages. I don't care if an enemy has 100hp or 100,000hp, as long as I can tell how close to dead it is.

I was going to start a thread about this, see if anyone else had any love for certain arbitrary RPG elements, but the only title for it that I could think of was "Your RPG 'kink'" and I don't think that would attract the kind of posts I was looking for.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11815 on: February 13, 2014, 12:07:24 PM »

I'm happy to hear you're still in remission, CW. That's great news!

On a lesser note, I slipped on the ice last week, and wrenched my right arm catching myself. It feels better now, but still hurts. I think I pulled something.
Then my poor dog goes and dislocates, and then re-locates, his jaw while grinding on a bone. Very weird.  Had to take him to the dog doctor, and now he's on meds for a week.

I got my new iPhone 5s from work. Just a tad bigger than the 4s. Seems mostly the same otherwise. Still, a new phone is a new phone. Company paid as well, so no complaints.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 04:27:19 PM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11816 on: February 13, 2014, 03:39:40 PM »

Glad to hear you're doing well, clueless. I hope it stays that way.

So my last 3 weeks have been gym-less due to bad weather followed by their own renovations which lead to building inspectors shutting them down. What was hoped to be a few days of arguing is now a 6 month closure while they re-aquire permits. I am seriously pissed now, since every other option for a gym is a minimum 3 mile distance away and means either I walk an hour making every workout a 3 hour endeavor, I wait for a friend and drive which leaves me relying on him (he's incredibly flaky), or I take public transportation, which will increase the cost of working out substantially (5 bucks a day, on top of 30-40 bucks a month for the new memberships). This is REALLY sucky.

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11817 on: February 13, 2014, 03:50:42 PM »

Well last week I had some good medical news:  my PET scan was negative.  So I am still in remission.  Yay. 

Oh man, did you post about this earlier or are you just giving us the results?????  Nevertheless, I'm glad everything is ok.  Medical scares, no matter the kind, are never good company to have sitting in your mind

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11818 on: February 13, 2014, 05:38:27 PM »

Fantastic news. I know from personal experience how horrible waiting on the news can be. So glad to hear great news there!

Everything's Eventual
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11819 on: February 13, 2014, 10:23:13 PM »

Great news, hopefully it will keep going like that for a long long time :)

Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 900 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: