Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 10:37:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327324 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 869 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 639011 times)
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11835 on: February 16, 2014, 07:51:38 PM »

My old regional boss who is now boss over the entire Eastern US met with me a couple of days ago, wanted to know how far I wanted to go and if I'd move.....said he had a location in Penn. I could have moved to if I'd finished my next training goals, triple my salary, too bad I couldn't have possibly finished next program simply due to time, kind of a program where no matter what each section takes a certain amount of time with the company....time to finish my next training objectives ASAP, lol.

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11836 on: February 16, 2014, 08:01:27 PM »

6 month gym membership for 200 bucks, or ps4?

Choices sucks.

I vote Gym membership on account of the fact that it doesn't look as though much of anything really interesting is on the horizon exclusively for the PS4. Additionally, there is still so much happening on the PS3 I'm beginning to wonder if I'll even be ready to move onto a ps4 this time next year... I venture to guess "no". Current (last) gen consoles still have enough I haven't dug into to keep me busy for another year or two easily without even getting into what is yet to be released in the last leg of there existence.

Ultimately the timing was right in terms of hardware for the PS4 but speaking strictly about the software/games... well they could have waited quite a bit longer if you ask me.

PS2 did the same thing. I feel like a lot of really essential stuff on the console came out after the PS3 was announced/launched. So it was like, you could stick to the PS2 and have Ookami and Persona and the like, or you could adopt the PS3 early and get, uh, Lair.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11837 on: February 16, 2014, 10:11:49 PM »

I could agree with the logic of ps3 being more universally beneficial except for the whole playstation now service in beta, meaning that I could simply use the ps4 to stream games later...and sony is putting a METRIC FUCKTON of backing into it, so you know it's not a gimmick. Also of note, the ps4 has a number of games coming out this year that I am very intrigued by, whereas the ps3 has only a couple which are also seeing ps4 releases (MGSV for example). My big kick atm is I play FFXIV heavily and don't want a pc for it, so the ps4 version is looking incredibly promising, as well as graphically on par with a mid range pc.

Course, hitting a 405 pound bench press this year does weigh in heavily (nyuck nyuck) for reasons to skip the ps4. Again...choices suck.

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11838 on: February 17, 2014, 12:39:28 AM »

Currently enjoying some wicked-bad heartburn. Gonna go run some test case for work tomorrow, and then... IDK listen to A Tribe Called Quest, watch Twitch play Pokemon, and drink more water.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11839 on: February 17, 2014, 02:29:11 PM »

I think I need to be less cute. There was this anime convention yesterday and I was there as a dealer (we sell knitted and crocheted stuff) and journalist. Since I was staying at a friend's place I only brought some snacks to share with the rest of the team. Not that I was ever close to getting hungry. People gave me all sorts of food and whenever I gratefully took something, they were all like "Aw, look at that! You're so cute!". And then there was this thing where someone told other people that they simply must hear me sneeze, because it's supposedly the cutest thing ever.

I have to admit I'm flattered. I never got this much positive attention back when I was a teen (actually, some other students hated my face so much they liked to throw stones at me). On the other hand, I'm a 27 year old woman. I should not be cute.
Ikusagami

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11840 on: February 17, 2014, 02:59:04 PM »

I think I need to be less cute.

Hogwash! There's no such thing as too cute!
As with kittens, cuddly adorable women are the bestest.
*tosses ball of yarn*

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11841 on: February 17, 2014, 03:28:47 PM »

Still, being fed scraps and getting pats on the head is a bit much. Not to mention that time someone had that fleece hat they put on my head and were all like "Aw, look at you! That's SO cute!". That's how I those little cat things in Final Fantasy XIII-2!

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11842 on: February 17, 2014, 03:40:54 PM »

Convention people can be pretty damn creepy sometimes.
Ikusagami

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11843 on: February 17, 2014, 06:04:34 PM »

Still, being fed scraps and getting pats on the head is a bit much. Not to mention that time someone had that fleece hat they put on my head and were all like "Aw, look at you! That's SO cute!". That's how I those little cat things in Final Fantasy XIII-2!

D'awwww! :D

Look at it this way; the world is full of bitter, nasty, miserable, unpleasant people. Being treated like an anthropomorphic kitteh may not make you feel great, but it makes other people feel great. You're providing a service by allaying the stress caused by all the non-cuddlies. 

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11844 on: February 17, 2014, 10:45:19 PM »

My life feels like that one episode of Dr. Who where it's just a two hour black and white video of a woman sitting in a desert and repeatedly breaking her toes while pantomiming baking a cake.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11845 on: February 18, 2014, 09:20:29 AM »

It's when people walk over and pick you up and hug you that you oughta worry...

TASTY!
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11846 on: February 18, 2014, 12:16:54 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPdHaNr0OAY

Everything's Eventual
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11847 on: February 18, 2014, 03:06:56 PM »

Yeah, about that...

Ikusagami

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11848 on: February 18, 2014, 03:58:33 PM »

I've actually made friends that way. :D

*SQUISH*
George: Dammit Lennie!
*BLAM*
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11849 on: February 18, 2014, 04:02:19 PM »

I wish I wasn't 6'8. Sometimes I just want people to pick me up and treat me like a princess.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 869 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: