Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 02:37:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327435 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793 794 ... 869 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 640527 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11865 on: February 19, 2014, 04:04:35 PM »

Good luck to you Anuubis.

Tried a new gym today, felt good for the most part. Wasn't too fond of the barbells though, they feel thicker than my old gym's. Makes your grip feel odd, and that can be distracting. Also, the benches were much closer to the ground, which makes planting your feet harder and fucks with overall core strength. Still, with these minor complaints,I still bench pressed 315 a couple times. Very pleased.

TASTY!
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11866 on: February 20, 2014, 07:01:49 AM »

Holy Shit, I was robbed today for the very first time, I was on my way to university when a shady guy just approached me from behind, put his arm around my  back as  if he was some kind of acquantaince and then just said "Give me all your money", thankfully he wasnt violent or anything and even said all he wanted was my money not anything else. I had like 1 euro on me which is not much so there is that atleast.. I hope it doesnt happen again.. This like early in the morning like 8 am.

Ikusagami

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11867 on: February 20, 2014, 08:07:04 AM »

Thank god you weren't hurt.  I imagine you're pretty rattled after that. 
I hope you reported it so the police can keep an eye out and hopefully prevent the bastard from trying to get more money from other people.

Probably a good incentive to start carrying a weapon for defense, as well. You could easily lose more than a euro in that situation.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11868 on: February 20, 2014, 08:28:47 AM »

Thank god you weren't hurt.  I imagine you're pretty rattled after that. 
I hope you reported it so the police can keep an eye out and hopefully prevent the bastard from trying to get more money from other people.

Probably a good incentive to start carrying a weapon for defense, as well. You could easily lose more than a euro in that situation.

I dont even remember the guy's face anymore, it's all just fuzzy details in my memory. I dont have enough information to report and I just moved on with my life.. I dont even want to tell anyone because they will make a big fuss out of it, if it happens again Im definitely taking action but like what kind of weapon would I even carry? Even if I had a weapon I doubt I would do anything, I would calmly comply because im a pussy xD, that's what I did, I fear being involved in a violent conflict, even if I had the upper hand I would probably live in fear that the guy would one day come back for revenge or something, I think this was a one time thing(I never saw the guy before and I always make that path everyday), I dont even know how it happened, early morning in a very friendly and safe zone.
I never got into a serious fight with anyone and besides the guy totally caught me off guard, I was just casually walking by minding my own business when the guy just pokes me from behind and puts his arm around my shoulder as if he were my pal, it was raining and I thought hhe just wanted cover or something, 1 second later he starts talking and I was in total shock, gave him the damn money(he even commented "What, you only have that?!" and he went away, he didnt even search my pockets himself of anything.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 08:34:22 AM by Holykael1 » Logged

Ikusagami

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11869 on: February 20, 2014, 08:46:22 AM »

True, a weapon wouldn't do much good without at least a little training, and could potentially make things worse if you lack the resolve to use it. That's why pepper spray is so popular, it's a "shoot from a distance and run like hell" kind of weapon.
If you feel safe enough not to dwell on it or fear it happens again, then hopefully it doesn't.

"What, you only have that?!" and he went away
He probably felt bad for robbing you after that. Guy might have had to really steel himself and pscyh himself up, and then he picks a victim who has less money than he does.
Hopefully the douchebag learned something from it.

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11870 on: February 20, 2014, 09:31:23 AM »

Yeah xD, I usually use my debit card, I never carry too much actual physical money.

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11871 on: February 20, 2014, 07:24:32 PM »

Since there isn't an Olympics thread, I just want to say that I'm livid that Kim Yuna got robbed.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11872 on: February 20, 2014, 11:15:49 PM »

I need to quit looking like a meth addict.

Oh welp.

--- edit ---

Oh my god I just realized that "fuck" spells out "F you, see? Kay." HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 11:21:55 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11873 on: February 20, 2014, 11:26:38 PM »

Tried using a treadmill today, except I put on 2 30 pound chains to add some flair to it. Walking half a mile with some 60 pounds extra weight makes you feel floaty afterwards....everyone should try it.

TASTY!
Ikusagami

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11874 on: February 21, 2014, 07:44:18 AM »

I used to do pushups with a 50lb weight strapped to my chest. My landlord dropped in once while I was working out to ask for an advance on rent, and I vividly remember the "WTF" look immediately followed by her acting like there was absolutely nothing strange about the half naked man bound in rope with a large metal disc strapped to his torso.

I know that floaty feeling from doing kenjutsu suburi with ankle weights though--great way to build speed and endurance.
It sucks I live in a third story apartment now, because any heavy footwork would end with me dropping in on my neighbor.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11875 on: February 21, 2014, 10:57:01 AM »

I dont even remember the guy's face anymore, it's all just fuzzy details in my memory. I dont have enough information to report and I just moved on with my life.. I dont even want to tell anyone because they will make a big fuss out of it, if it happens again Im definitely taking action but like what kind of weapon would I even carry? Even if I had a weapon I doubt I would do anything, I would calmly comply because im a pussy xD, that's what I did, I fear being involved in a violent conflict, even if I had the upper hand I would probably live in fear that the guy would one day come back for revenge or something, I think this was a one time thing(I never saw the guy before and I always make that path everyday), I dont even know how it happened, early morning in a very friendly and safe zone.
I never got into a serious fight with anyone and besides the guy totally caught me off guard, I was just casually walking by minding my own business when the guy just pokes me from behind and puts his arm around my shoulder as if he were my pal, it was raining and I thought hhe just wanted cover or something, 1 second later he starts talking and I was in total shock, gave him the damn money(he even commented "What, you only have that?!" and he went away, he didnt even search my pockets himself of anything.

Glad you're safe! You did the right thing by acting compliant. Fighting back usually doesn't end well, even if you know your moves. But... do you feel safe? It took me a while to feel save again after a stranger tried to do something to me. I didn't have the courage to travel by train after dark for almost a year ^_^'
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 10:59:03 AM by Tomara » Logged
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11876 on: February 21, 2014, 11:04:59 AM »

There is an anti-theivery ad running in the UK right now saying "It's not about what you take, it's what you leave behind". Which is so true.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11877 on: February 21, 2014, 01:02:26 PM »

That sucks Holy. Glad you are safe. Same to you Tomara. Thankfully nothing like that has happened to me yet.

-----------

I have apparently developed a fear of heights. It is only for one specific place so far but I hadn't felt that panicked over something in years.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11878 on: February 21, 2014, 01:16:41 PM »

Is it bad that I totally missed Holykael's post? Dude, I'm glad you're unharmed for the most part. Do you know if the schmuck had a weapon when he tried to rob you?

TASTY!
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11879 on: February 21, 2014, 01:48:29 PM »

Thank you everyone for the support :) . I didnt see if he had a weapon, I never actually turned to look at him since he grabbed me from behind, he left and I soldiered on without looking back.

@Tomara
I dont know how I feel.. Im thinking it was an isolated incident but I am definitely more paranoid when Im outside now. I am not even carrying any valuables with me until I feel 100% safe again. Im testing the waters now I suppose, since it was so quick and somewhat inconsequential I am getting over it easily but I fear for a reaccurence.

I have been eating like a madman since it happened though.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 01:52:15 PM by Holykael1 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793 794 ... 869 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: