Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 12:35:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330130 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 877 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 673063 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12150 on: March 19, 2014, 10:41:24 AM »

So got a call for an interview for that job I mentioned. I'm absolutely terrible at interviews though =/

EDIT: I also just totally paged Tomara, so apologies to her and make sure you go read that shiznit.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:48:22 AM by Klutz64 » Logged

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12151 on: March 19, 2014, 11:24:13 AM »

I got a love/hate relationship with smartphones. In this great year of 2014, I still own a basic phone. I might be making the leap to smartphone when my phone contract runs up in the next year or two.

Some reasons I've held out this long on getting one:

1) Wife has a droid that she's chained to. I'm usually out and about with her. If we need a place to eat, she pulls up the Yelp app. Or can check a flight status time via Southwest app while we wait in the cellphone lot. On the down side, her eyes are always glued to social media chat apps for her card based games or she's playing her casual games: Candy Crush, Words With Friends, etc. She's much more social than me, so it would be hard for her not to have the smartphone's easy access to the gamut of social media platforms she belongs to 24/7.

2) We're too cheap to pay for another data package, so we typically rely on her to use her cell since I'm always the one driving around.

3) I was an early adopter to iPod touch and are connected most places with wifi at home or work. If I get an iPhone I have basically the same iOS app features that I have with my iPod touch 4th gen (although Apple doesn't let me update to iOS7 with my 4th gen.) the only noticeable difference I would see is that with a smartphone I would not be restricted by wifi access.

4) I would be wary of a smartphone since sometimes it's hard not to put down shiny stimulating screens that compete for my attention to watch the latest funny pet videos someone just shared on Facebook or the latest video going viral on YouTube.

I'm wary like other members of the board said in the last page or two of social interactions. I'm already shy/introverted, so a smartphone wouldn't help me build my social confidence interactions and I don't want to worry about not being able to control my use with the smartphone in public shared places.

I'll leave this post on a funny less serious note. Coco-Cola aired this ad (I think during the super bowl and became an instant classic... not sure):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u3BRY2RF5I

Playing: Mario Kart 8 (Wii U).
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12152 on: March 19, 2014, 07:52:56 PM »

No and why would I want to? If you have business reasons, sure, that makes sense. If you're just checking facebook or playing Angry Birds, FFS could please STOP and just pay attention to your surroundings?

Anyway it looks like the 4 AM Greyhound from Columbus to Ann Arbor is the, uh, quickest way to get to Ann Arbor from Columbus.

--- edit ---

Hahaha I stuck a quote in image tags again.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 11:32:57 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12153 on: March 20, 2014, 05:46:04 PM »

Been looking to get into DSLR photography, and with an upcoming honeymoon, I figured it might be good to have!
Anyways, been looking around for some deals, and happened to stumble across the fact that Target (Canada) was clearing out Nikon D3100 DSLR kits for $143.99 down from the usual $500 or so it usually goes for.

Called around, it was all sold out where I live, and ended up making the hour drive to a smaller town to snag it. Only had it for less than a day, but when I get home from work, I think I shall take a walk and take some snaps!
solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

The real me exists on the internet!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #12154 on: March 21, 2014, 12:05:02 AM »

Noticed on the way home from work today, that when my car is in a certain gear it sounds like something is buzzing. Due to how old it is, and my irresponsible spending, I am opting to ignore it until my car explodes.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12155 on: March 21, 2014, 09:33:35 AM »

So what happened to Yoda? It's been weeks...months since he rudely insulted me...I feel unloved.

TASTY!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12156 on: March 21, 2014, 09:51:18 AM »

So what happened to Yoda? It's been weeks...months since he rudely insulted me...I feel unloved.
I've been wondering this for a while now. He just flat out disappeared. Maybe he became a firefighter, and the swarm of women prevent him from accessing his phone/computer?
The great mystery of our time!

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12157 on: March 21, 2014, 10:21:26 AM »

I've been wondering this for a while now. He just flat out disappeared. Maybe he became a firefighter, and the swarm of women prevent him from accessing his phone/computer?

He deleted Dice and me from Facebook. I guess he has just moved on?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12158 on: March 21, 2014, 10:23:33 AM »

Who is this Yoda person, I want to know more about this phenomena. He created the great haps thread afterall... He seems like the stuff of legend.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12159 on: March 21, 2014, 02:55:28 PM »

I got a 100% on my midterm exam last week. Ready to party with some FFX/X-2 HD in celebration! haha

Tried to find an English version of that today in Seoul. NO luck. :(

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12160 on: March 21, 2014, 03:26:07 PM »

He deleted Dice and me from Facebook. I guess he has just moved on?
Well that's shitty. And here I thought Yoda was one of those ancient posters who'd be here forever...

TASTY!
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12161 on: March 21, 2014, 07:19:13 PM »

Hmmm, that is weird, I believe I have his physical addie somewhere, I could drop him a line and make sure everything is OK...

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12162 on: March 21, 2014, 07:23:45 PM »

At which point I'm reminded that I've been reading RPGfan for more than half my life.

btw someone start mailing me dead squirrels until I get a new job. I need some encouragement to seek employment elsewhere.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12163 on: March 21, 2014, 09:11:23 PM »

btw someone start mailing me dead squirrels until I get a new job. I need some encouragement to seek employment elsewhere.

Why would I mail you my fap material?
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12164 on: March 21, 2014, 10:51:17 PM »

Ridiculous thing happened today. 

I had dental surgery last weekend and have been on pain meds all week.  I can eat solid food, but it hurts.  Thus, I've been eating a lot of soup, jello, and applesauce.  Last night I examined a package of applesauce and noticed that the brand has like ten flavors.  As a joke, I go on Twitter and say that I should write a blog post reviewing and ranking all ten. 

This morning, I get a reply from the corporate Twitter account, asking for my address.  One thing leads to another, and now I have a box of sixteen cases of applesauce (10 flavors + 6 "organic" flavors) being sent to my house.  Should get it next week.  I'm now in the business of reviewing applesauces on the internet.  Twitter is goddamn magical. 

Pages: 1 ... 809 810 [811] 812 813 ... 877 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: