Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 02:20:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334764 Posts in 13710 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 810 811 [812] 813 814 ... 899 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 714569 times)
solidbatman
Zetsubou Sensei

The real me exists on the internet!

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #12165 on: March 21, 2014, 11:54:55 PM »

Ridiculous thing happened today. 

I had dental surgery last weekend and have been on pain meds all week.  I can eat solid food, but it hurts.  Thus, I've been eating a lot of soup, jello, and applesauce.  Last night I examined a package of applesauce and noticed that the brand has like ten flavors.  As a joke, I go on Twitter and say that I should write a blog post reviewing and ranking all ten. 

This morning, I get a reply from the corporate Twitter account, asking for my address.  One thing leads to another, and now I have a box of sixteen cases of applesauce (10 flavors + 6 "organic" flavors) being sent to my house.  Should get it next week.  I'm now in the business of reviewing applesauces on the internet.  Twitter is goddamn magical. 

How would you write that on a resume? Professional Applesauce Reviewer? Applesauce Critic?

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12166 on: March 22, 2014, 12:01:13 AM »

Broke my glasses after my workout tonight. No spares on hand.....

SUPER FUCKING PISSED.

TASTY!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12167 on: March 22, 2014, 09:27:07 AM »

Ridiculous thing happened today. 

I had dental surgery last weekend and have been on pain meds all week.  I can eat solid food, but it hurts.  Thus, I've been eating a lot of soup, jello, and applesauce.  Last night I examined a package of applesauce and noticed that the brand has like ten flavors.  As a joke, I go on Twitter and say that I should write a blog post reviewing and ranking all ten. 

This morning, I get a reply from the corporate Twitter account, asking for my address.  One thing leads to another, and now I have a box of sixteen cases of applesauce (10 flavors + 6 "organic" flavors) being sent to my house.  Should get it next week.  I'm now in the business of reviewing applesauces on the internet.  Twitter is goddamn magical. 

Why am I jealous? I don't even like apple sauce.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12168 on: March 22, 2014, 10:11:26 AM »

It is simultaneously the weirdest and greatest thing that has happened to me all year.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12169 on: March 22, 2014, 05:08:31 PM »

Caught a really nasty cold last week that's really dragging me down. I'm bored but concentrate enough to do something useful, so now I'm reading up on Friesian horses in the movie industry. The place were I learned to ride had a whole bunch of them, good ones too, and as a kid I thought it was perfectly normal to have them around. Not that I ever rode them, short kids like me rode Shetland and Welsh ponies. Turns out these horses were actually pretty uncommon back then and didn't become popular until they started appearing in Hollywood movies.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12170 on: March 22, 2014, 07:10:04 PM »

Found an apartment with a roommate. His roommate is moving out so I am moving in for the remainder of the lease (until Sept) it actually works pretty well because if it's terrible it is only for  a few months. If it works out then it could be for longer. He seems pretty cool. He is a quiet gamer.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12171 on: March 22, 2014, 08:01:48 PM »

Anyone have any experience moving from one state to another? Can you hire people to move you stuff for you?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12172 on: March 22, 2014, 08:29:25 PM »

No more Chicago Flower and Garden Show for me. My company has a display, and I've had to work it the past 2 Saturdays. It's been kind of fun, but also kind of sucky, because I have so much to do at home. Plus, having to get up early on a Saturday and drive into Chicago blows. Hopefully, we get some serious business out of it.
It's nearing the end of March, and I want to start on my Spring garden cleanup, but the weather just doesn't want to cooperate. 30's for the next week. WTF? The poor Daffodils have just barely started poking out of the ground. They would normally be blooming right about now.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12173 on: March 22, 2014, 09:05:15 PM »

Anyone have any experience moving from one state to another? Can you hire people to move you stuff for you?

They're called movers and they'll suck your wallet dry.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12174 on: March 22, 2014, 09:06:19 PM »

They're called "friends" and they'll suck your wallet dry.

TASTY!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12175 on: March 22, 2014, 09:08:12 PM »

They're called "friends" and they'll suck your wallet dry.

I won't help anyone move no matter how much of a friend they are.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12176 on: March 22, 2014, 10:42:02 PM »

Only an 11 hour day today at work, must be my lucky day...Saturdays suck

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12177 on: March 22, 2014, 11:14:27 PM »

I turned my laptop off by pushing the power button, and when I tried to turn it back on it BSOD'd. Now I'm running Memtest86+ and it's giving me a lot of fails. erk.

Also one of my teeth hurts since like yesterday. Think it's weather changes affecting a filling in it. The tooth as a whole hurts but it's like localized to where the filling is.

--- edit ---

On the plus bright, I got like 2170 moneys in income tax dollarbacks.

--- edit2 ---

I think I fried my mobo/the ram soldered to the mobo. Also I have hiccups. Also the mochi i bought was gross.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 02:59:27 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12178 on: March 23, 2014, 04:15:59 AM »

Also I have hiccups.

You too? I had them yesterday and it made one of my rabbits very annoyed. She also doesn't like it when I sneeze. Or cough. Or laugh. Any make sound in general really. When I do, she thumps and wagging her tail.

(She has also found out that if she does not accept her morning treat (which worries me, because a loss of appetite means there could be something seriously wrong), I'll get her another that I know she loves. )
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12179 on: March 23, 2014, 04:16:38 AM »

Laptop is working again for no apparent reason.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 810 811 [812] 813 814 ... 899 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: