Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 05:52:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329437 Posts in 13496 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 876 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 662779 times)
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12300 on: April 02, 2014, 12:59:37 PM »

Holykael1, that looks weird to me and I forgot french. Can you give a more in-depth explanation of what it's supposed to do?

Sample input and output would be helpful.

It's Portuguese not French xD.

(and I thought it was Spanish... close enough)

Are you trying to give him a heart attack? :P

Ahaha, I actually don't care. Im not very patriotic.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12301 on: April 02, 2014, 01:35:46 PM »

No drawn out arguments.

No big sob story.

No throwing out of the word "fuck" in any form.

I'm just gonna say:  I hate group projects.  Do they get better in a work environment or do people generally remain unbalanced in what they can contribute?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12302 on: April 02, 2014, 02:27:00 PM »

the latter

Everything's Eventual
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12303 on: April 02, 2014, 02:32:01 PM »

the latter

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12304 on: April 02, 2014, 02:49:58 PM »

the latter

And the backstabbers.
If you thought people could backstab well for grades, just wait till you hit the professional field where they backstab for sweet sweet money.
Arklight

Know the meaning of Odio.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12305 on: April 02, 2014, 07:03:22 PM »

I always thought I was somewhat decent at writing for Philosophy courses, but Philosophy of Science is VERY MUCH an exception to that rule. I enjoy Philosophy, and I am adequate at Science courses, but this one's quite unusual. I am usually never content with "Sailing the high Cs," but I feel like I might have to settle for that this time around. I just can not, for the life of me, link reasoning methods with particular experiments that have happened throughout the ages and adequately explain my own thought processes behind these on paper.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12306 on: April 02, 2014, 07:10:46 PM »

@ Holykael:

Okay that not being French explains why I couldn't read it.

Anyway imma try to rewrite that in a more concise form and if I can figure it out I'll PM it to you.

I'm just gonna say:  I hate group projects.  Do they get better in a work environment or do people generally remain unbalanced in what they can contribute?

I'm just going to say WELCOME TO HELL.

--- edit ---

fffff

Code:
(define (anonimizer name-list input)
  (string-join
   (map (lambda (word)
          (if (memf (lambda (arg)
                      (regexp-match? (pregexp (string-append* arg '("[:punct:]*[:alpha:]?"))) word)) name-list)
              (regexp-replace* #px"[A-Za-z]" word "#")
              word)) (string-split input))))

This mostly works although I don't know enough about regexen to not pick up the s in "Tony's."

Actually wait I'm overthinking this hang on.

--- edit ---

Whoops I'm stupid.

Code:
(define (anonimizer name-list input)
  (string-join
   (map (lambda (word)
          (if (member word name-list)
              (regexp-replace* #px"[A-Za-z]" word "#")
              word)) (regexp-split #px"\\b" input)) ""))

1. regex-split breaks the input string into all of its substrings based on word boundaries, meaning that spaces and punctuation get moved into their own substrings. It then stuffs the tokens into a list.

2. map just calls the anonymous (lambda) function for every single element in the tokenized input string. If the token is in the name-list, I use a regex to replace all of the letters in that token with #s. If it's not in the censored name list, the if block just returns the original word.

Map's like specifically for applying the same operation to every item in a list and exists exactly to deal with what you were trying to do. I don't think recursion's really appropriate for that, although you could do it.

3. String join glues everything back together. By default, it sticks spaces in between each token. Since regexp-split already made the spaces their own tokens, I had to stick that "" at the end to tell it to not do that (use the substring "" instead of " " as glue, basically).

Six lines, and no recursion. It also uses the built in Racket string and regex libraries a lot because reinventing the wheel isn't considered a good idea.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 10:43:49 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12307 on: April 02, 2014, 11:34:21 PM »

In B.C. It's pretty depressing unless you teach French/Music. Those are the teacher candidates that get hired right out the gate. For the rest of us, it's a mix of luck (aka who you know) and trying to fight your way to the top of the pile.

A ton of other people I went to school with ended up moving overseas to teach English. If you can land a gig a Canadian accredited school then that's a sweet gig because you are paid like a Canadian teacher and you have lower costs of living. In most cases they pay for your rent and such.

Yep, looks like it will be an international school for me then. Hopefully in a place with no snow where I can go scuba diving!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12308 on: April 03, 2014, 07:03:46 AM »

I'm just gonna say:  I hate group projects.  Do they get better in a work environment or do people generally remain unbalanced in what they can contribute?

Group projects make me want to throw stuff at people. Like, when they've been corrected a dozen times and they still do it wrong, making your workload heavier because they can't be bothered to do it right? Yeah, makes me want to get rid of my old cups and plates.

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12309 on: April 03, 2014, 07:14:00 AM »

I have been carrying group projects on my back my entire life. Fuck group projects. I have only had one or two occasions where I worked with competent people.

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12310 on: April 03, 2014, 01:45:29 PM »

I have been carrying group projects on my back my entire life. Fuck group projects. I have only had one or two occasions where I worked with competent people.

I hate to break it to you Lard, but Group work is the new great thing in teacher ed these days. I imagine you'll do quite a bit of it in your program, and you'll also have to make your students do it in order to appease your faculty advisor and sponsor teacher when you are on practicum. They'll teach you some methods and such on how to fairly assess groupwork in a school setting (ie: assign class time to work on group projects, because they won't work on it together outside of class, secret ballot reporting from group members etc), but kids usually find a way around it one way or another, and it always ends up with the student who gives a damn pulling the weight of the rest of the students.

Because you more or less make or break your career via practicum, just jump through the hoops, smile and nod because it never really is as bad as it is on practicum (so I was told by another teacher).

« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 01:16:24 AM by ultra7k » Logged
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12311 on: April 03, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »

I hate to break it to you kael, but Group work is the new great thing in teacher ed these days.

Darth Vader NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12312 on: April 04, 2014, 02:22:36 AM »

As a business major in university, almost every single one of my classes had group projects. I should have majored in engineering lol.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12313 on: April 04, 2014, 03:34:32 AM »

I've been telling myself I need to workout more but after weighing myself and finding I  passed the 120 lb mark, I knew I had to buckle down.  I started working out last week doing 20-30 min workouts before work.  This week I am working out for at the very least an hour a day.  I'm trying to get my bf to workout with me but he says he isn't going to get healthy until 2015.  He figures he has until he is 30 to eat/do whatever he wants.  At least he switched to e-cigs.  He really needs to stop dipping. 

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12314 on: April 04, 2014, 03:47:56 AM »

I've been telling myself I need to workout more but after weighing myself and finding I  passed the 120 lb mark, I knew I had to buckle down.

120lbs?!

120lbs?!!!!??!!?!

That's a lot?

Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 876 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: