Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 09:55:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331703 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 886 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 689025 times)
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12315 on: April 04, 2014, 03:58:26 AM »

I'm short.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12316 on: April 04, 2014, 04:10:03 AM »

interview tomorrow at noon...going over some behavioural questions I found off the university's HR website that they might use during my interview.

I think the prospect of getting this job has been weighing on me, even as I slept these past few nights since I found out. Woke up this morning and felt like I was carrying a ton of bricks.

Anyways, just want this thing over with so I can know. Guess the hour and half will go by pretty quick, but it's the wait that's killing me. The only real thing I'm worried about, is that in the "qualifications" they want someone with advanced Excel skills. Whatever that means. I'd say I'm more intermediate to almost advanced, but I'm worried they may not see it that way if it becomes part of the testing. I guess I'm not advanced because it isn't required in my current job, but I am a quick learner with programs and such...ugh.

I mean really, anything I need to know in a real world situation, I can google and figure out pretty quickly myself. I'm only concerned I'll be in a closed loop and botch it somehow because I don't know advanced Excel. For me to even get an interview as an external candidate is, from what I understand pretty hard to do, as they have to submit to HR why they can't hire from inside the union...

Here's hoping this goes well in twelve hours.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12317 on: April 04, 2014, 04:13:48 AM »

Good luck!

Currently Reading: 

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12318 on: April 04, 2014, 06:10:35 AM »

Good luck Ultra :)

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12319 on: April 04, 2014, 07:11:36 AM »

I've been telling myself I need to workout more but after weighing myself and finding I  passed the 120 lb mark, I knew I had to buckle down.

120lbs?!

120lbs?!!!!??!!?!

That's a lot?
I am effectively 3 times your weight, you know. That's a frightening concept...

TASTY!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12320 on: April 04, 2014, 07:21:17 AM »

You could lift three times that weight, which is maybe even scarier :(

As a fellow short girl I have to say: staying under 120lbs is my goal as well*. Weight twinsies! :D

(Not just because of health reason, though that's a big part of it. I've been the same weight for nearly ten years now, so I have lots of clothes that still fit perfectly fine, meaning I don't have to buy anything new unless I spot something I like. Having to buy a whole new wardrobe would be a really expensive side effect of weight gain.)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12321 on: April 04, 2014, 02:26:27 PM »

Idk, I'd say being able to lift that up would make one feel safer around me, not more afraid. I'd definitely be handy to have around when a jar lid is stuck :)

TASTY!
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12322 on: April 04, 2014, 02:53:49 PM »

I've had guys pick me up with one arm like I weighed nothing.  My limit for one arm is 8lbs but even that is pushing it. I really need to work on my upper body strength. 

Currently Reading: 

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12323 on: April 04, 2014, 02:59:14 PM »

As a fellow short girl I have to say: staying under 120lbs is my goal as well*. Weight twinsies! :D

(Not just because of health reason, though that's a big part of it. I've been the same weight for nearly ten years now, so I have lots of clothes that still fit perfectly fine, meaning I don't have to buy anything new unless I spot something I like. Having to buy a whole new wardrobe would be a really expensive side effect of weight gain.)

haha!  omg I'm the exact same!  It's not even so much I want to stay fit (I do), but I could not afford weight gain if it meant buying a lot of new clothes right now to compensate.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12324 on: April 04, 2014, 03:55:11 PM »

Unfortunately I wear scrubs to work and usually wear sweatpants or lounge wear in my off week.  All of which are forgiving in the weight gain department yet also makes it easier to gain weight without noticing.

Currently Reading: 

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12325 on: April 04, 2014, 04:25:18 PM »

So I get to safely say that I installed the new sound system at the soon to re-opened New York restaurant and landmark, Tavern on the Green.

Talk about bragging rights :)

TASTY!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12326 on: April 04, 2014, 04:57:14 PM »

Unfortunately I wear scrubs to work and usually wear sweatpants or lounge wear in my off week.  All of which are forgiving in the weight gain department yet also makes it easier to gain weight without noticing.

I work from home so it's very tempting to go for sweatpants as well, but always make a point of wearing 'proper' clothes even if it's just for what I consider work hours that day. It kind of makes me feel more productive, but it also makes it easier to notice when I should watch out for weight gain. Plus, I have plenty of nice clothes I really like and it'd be a shame not to wear them.

Idk, I'd say being able to lift that up would make one feel safer around me, not more afraid. I'd definitely be handy to have around when a jar lid is stuck :)

Yeah, but, but... I can handle jars just fine and strong people are kinda scary. Back in second grade I had this teacher who'd break those big 1 meter rulers in half against the blackboard to get us to be quiet. Those rulers were taller than me. Scary ;_;
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12327 on: April 04, 2014, 05:10:55 PM »

I love wearing pajamas at home.. I love the freedom of movement provided by said clothing. Best thing ever.

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12328 on: April 04, 2014, 06:28:27 PM »

This talk about weight has made me feel little. Well, I always feel little.... but particularly so now. I too will join the club of weighing roughly 1/3  of D's bench press. The difference being I am a guy. LoL

For the record though, I too wear clothes I've had FOREVER and fear gaining weight and needing to buy new ones. All of my jeans have their own "character" as the result of the ink stains they now sport from years of tattooing. I would hate to give em up.

I work from home so it's very tempting to go for sweatpants as well, but always make a point of wearing 'proper' clothes even if it's just for what I consider work hours that day. It kind of makes me feel more productive, but it also makes it easier to notice when I should watch out for weight gain. Plus, I have plenty of nice clothes I really like and it'd be a shame not to wear them.

Strange as it is, I know exactly what you mean. Lots of days, I spend hours in my own house working on art when I'm not tattooing. Sometimes its my full work-day.... yet none the less I feel it necessary to wear proper attire. I feel like the day never starts if I don't suit up in my proper black get-up adorned appropriately with cigarette burns and ink-LoL
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 06:32:52 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12329 on: April 04, 2014, 07:51:35 PM »

Im not very heavy either. I must measure around 1,80-1,90 meters(6 foot according to google), im fairly tall and I only weigh around 63-68 kg which equates to around 145 lbs

Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 886 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: