Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 01:02:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334761 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 899 Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 714489 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12510 on: April 18, 2014, 12:36:06 PM »

Applause is awesome! I don't think there is any shame in liking Gaga's new album. It's the only one of hers I truly like.

The only songs I would cut are the ones with the rappers. I just can't stand them.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12511 on: April 18, 2014, 01:51:41 PM »

The only part of Applause I like is the chorus, and that's because the music sounds like old school chip tunes.

I tried out this Dope song, which I hadn't heard yet. The piano is ok, but I don't like her singing. I can see why people would like it, though. It's less generic dance than a lot of what I've heard.

I have no particular bone to pick with Gaga. I'm hard on ALL music. Bad or repetitive lyrics drive me insane, and are a big reason why I listen to mostly instrumental tunes.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12512 on: April 18, 2014, 02:16:52 PM »

I don't even...

So there hasn't been a single Hatsune Miku concert in the US since the one they did at AX in 2011, now all of the sudden she's touring with Lady Gaga.  Which would actually be kind of neat, except tickets for those concerts went on sale months ago so if you wanted to see this for Miku then good luck getting a ticket...

What I'd like to see is a Hatsune Miku and Gorillaz concert.  That would be a "virtual band" extravaganza!

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12513 on: April 18, 2014, 07:34:51 PM »

I am terrible with keeping current with music... At present though I have been routinely listening to some semi-old Vendetta Red on a daily basis and running to the new Babymetal album. Jpop/Jrock interest comes and goes for me, but that Babymetal album kicks ass.

In other news, my dietary excursion a few weeks ago set into motion a destructive pattern as of late. I discovered I can eat foods I am intolerant and/or allergic to so long as I run insane amounts of miles directly after and burn it out of my system at warp speed.... Yesterday was 21 miles post some peanut butter and chocolate. The good news, I had NO allergic reaction save a tummy ache. The bad news...?? I think this qualifies as an eating disorder of some nature. That is, eating foods one is allergic/intolerant of and then purging via exercise.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12514 on: April 18, 2014, 08:34:39 PM »

Damnit, I'm in complete smitten mode tonight. Mind you a more realistic-expectation laden form of smitten than I would be in back in High School or whatever, but still... don't think I'll ever change in that regard.

Ah well, at least it's nice to finally feel like getting back in the game after all the crap I put up with a year and a half ago.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12515 on: April 18, 2014, 08:37:01 PM »

Damnit, I'm in complete smitten mode tonight. Mind you a more realistic-expectation laden form of smitten than I would be in back in High School or whatever, but still... don't think I'll ever change in that regard.

Ah well, at least it's nice to finally feel like getting back in the game after all the crap I put up with a year and a half ago.

That's a heathy sorta smitten.  I hope you smite them well with the firmness of your wonderful attention!!!!!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12516 on: April 18, 2014, 09:45:34 PM »

I am terrible with keeping current with music... At present though I have been routinely listening to some semi-old Vendetta Red on a daily basis and running to the new Babymetal album. Jpop/Jrock interest comes and goes for me, but that Babymetal album kicks ass.

In other news, my dietary excursion a few weeks ago set into motion a destructive pattern as of late. I discovered I can eat foods I am intolerant and/or allergic to so long as I run insane amounts of miles directly after and burn it out of my system at warp speed.... Yesterday was 21 miles post some peanut butter and chocolate. The good news, I had NO allergic reaction save a tummy ache. The bad news...?? I think this qualifies as an eating disorder of some nature. That is, eating foods one is allergic/intolerant of and then purging via exercise.

Man I wouldnt make a habit of that. It wont be much longer before that technique becomes obsolete and you could potentially be inflicting very serious injuries to your body.

Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12517 on: April 18, 2014, 10:40:42 PM »

Man I wouldnt make a habit of that. It wont be much longer before that technique becomes obsolete and you could potentially be inflicting very serious injuries to your body.

If I was a betting man, I'd wager you are indeed correct. In fact, I would go so far as to say, rather than potentially suffering injury it may be more like "inevitably" suffering injury should I continue.

I don't agree with or condone my behavior as of late. It is more or less a compulsive thing. A very disordered behavior certainly. I suppose you could say I am, in a sense, "telling on myself" here.

For the record though, I don't intend on keeping it up. My body hurts today. I think I out-ran myself or something...

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12518 on: April 18, 2014, 11:14:37 PM »

Thanks again for all the support.  Hopefully Pool of Thorns will one day tour in your necks of the woods and I can party with you guys.  It's like we say in our Facebook profile: We wanna tour the world AND play your house party! 

Oh, and until our new recordings are complete, I'd be more than happy to mail any of ya's one of our old demos.  Just PM me. 

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12519 on: April 19, 2014, 09:05:58 PM »

Come to Korea!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12520 on: April 19, 2014, 11:47:36 PM »

Thanks again for all the support.  Hopefully Pool of Thorns will one day tour in your necks of the woods and I can party with you guys.  It's like we say in our Facebook profile: We wanna tour the world AND play your house party! 

Oh, and until our new recordings are complete, I'd be more than happy to mail any of ya's one of our old demos.  Just PM me. 

My brother plays all the local bars/music clubs here in Charlotte, NC area, let me know if ya ever around here, I feel confidant he could put in a good word for ya

Everything's Eventual
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12521 on: April 20, 2014, 09:46:55 AM »

Cool. We like playing in the Carolinas.  Last time we were in Raleigh, we had an awesome time. 

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12522 on: April 20, 2014, 05:31:24 PM »

Knowing nothing about the band, except that Laughing Stock was at position 11 on Pitchfork's top albums of the 90s and had some descriptor associated with it that immediately reminded me of XTC's later work, I picked up a few Talk Talk albums yesterday in Ann Arbor -- the intent being getting a copy of Laughing Stock, although I also got Spirit of Eden because the cover art is very similar.

Without having listened to either album prior to getting home about two hours ago, I stopped at Kroger to get some chapstick, because Ann Arbor is very windy and my face is dry and painful. They were playing It's My Life on the radio, there, and I was familiar with the song from the No Doubt cover from sometime in the early aughties.

I didn't actually know that that was also a Talk Talk song until about two minutes ago. I think I'd been assuming it was OMD. I don't know.

This is my favorite kind of coincidence.

Unrelated, yet not entirely apropos to nothing, these cows fucking look like Thompson Twins:

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12523 on: April 20, 2014, 10:48:21 PM »

As I was busy abusing the hell out of my body today (again) the thought occurred to me... I haven't seen Yoda on here in quite awhile. I miss him. Good peoples he was/is. I hope he is enjoying the Lunar games he bought from me...

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12524 on: April 20, 2014, 10:56:24 PM »

As I was busy abusing the hell out of my body today (again) the thought occurred to me... I haven't seen Yoda on here in quite awhile. I miss him. Good peoples he was/is. I hope he is enjoying the Lunar games he bought from me...

Er unlikely coming back.  He's on a "full cleanse" of some sorts from our turf.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 899 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: